It's a Girl - Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines: April 10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, wikipedia is going to hate me for all this reverting I have to do.

According to the Website of NOS it is Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Inez.

crm2317 said:
I like Ariana it fits with the rest of the family. Does it have any royall history, what about Ines?

Inés is the name of one of Mámima's sister - the youngest.

so they kept their beloved 'a-ia- in the name

but an -e at the end: very 'educated class' Dutch!

Where is Henri? He's always the source for the history in this wonderful family. I'm curious about the significance of this name in the family.

Maybe they will ask Ari Behn to be godfather :lol:

It appears people are curious about the spelling with an E as well, but the people in the crowd all seem to like the name.

Is Wilhelmina for her great-grandmother?

I just checked the RF's web site and it's already up over there and it's spelled Ariane. And they wouldn't misspell it.

I don’t like the Dutch pronunciation of Ariane, it sounds almost like Adriaan and that’s a name for boys. I would prefer the French pronunciation. Well, as long as the parents like it. :flowers:
I don't think the name Ariane has any royal historical significance.

Ariane - name they like
Wilhelmina - great grandmother of Willem-Alexander
Maxima - great grandmother of Maxima
Inez - after Maxima's youngest sister Ines, who is most likely also one of the godmothers

Since everybody is stressing the Ariane instead of Ariana and comparing it with Amelia and Alexia I would assume it is indeed Ariane

OOh I just got an important call while the Prince was explaining how they came up with the names!
I know about Wilhemina, Máxima and Inez but not why Ariane.... :neutral: Anyone heard that?

Pooky said:
Well, let's wait for Henri M. to post the official news bulletin and we'll see how those names are spelt :)

Inés would be the Spanish spelling....

The Royal House website:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Ariane,just because they liked the name,Inez after Máxima's youngest sister.

crm2317 said:
Is Wilhelmina for her great-grandmother?

Queen Wilhelmina was her great-great grandmother. The great-grandmother was Queen Juliana. I think Ariana it nicer than Ariane but let wait what version is right.

Oh,they just said, they went for an triple "A" name, and Princess Máxima chose "Ariane" ....

Can someone attempt to explain how it's pronounced.

Pooky said:
OOh I just got an important call while the Prince was explaining how they came up with the names!
I know about Wilhemina, Máxima and Inez but not why Ariane.... :neutral: Anyone heard that?

Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines

WA said the name Máxima wasn't after Princess Máxima, but after her great-grandmother. Like Wilhelmina for WA's great-grandmother.

Ariane: The parents liked the name.
Wilhelmina & Máxima: after the great-grandmother of Máxima and the great-grandmother of Willem-Alexander.
Inez: Younger sister of Princess Máxima

Last edited:
crm2317 said:
Did any Dutch-speaking members catch what he said about Amalia and Alexia?
I heard some English on the video there and they said Ariane is pronounced Ariana in Argentina

He said Amalia was watching her mummies bump to see if they took home the correct baby :ROFLMAO: Alexia was just happy to see the baby. They were a little suprised, they were having breakfast when WA and Máxima came home with Ariane.

So much people outside ! Willem-Alexander seems to be really popular, I think you wouldn't see such a big crowd in Belgium !

When asked how the three children were doing did W-A answer in Spanish? I thought I heard him say muy buen.

Aurora810 said:
Can someone attempt to explain how it's pronounced.

Well, if you're an English speaker - it'd be Arian with the stress on the last syllable.

Pooky said:
I was rudely interrupted by a phone call :) so I missed it - I'll look it up and will tell you! :)

I'll have to rearrange my signature for you Pooky ;)

On the pronunciation: this site says that the English way to pronounce Ariane is "er-ee-AN" and in French "a-ree-AN". Are they anyway close to the Dutch pronunciation?

JessRulz said:
I'll have to rearrange my signature for you Pooky ;)

On the pronunciation: this site says that the English way to pronounce Ariane is "er-ee-AN" and in French "a-ree-AN". Are they anyway close to the Dutch pronunciation?

well, in Dutch it sound definetely with an "a-ree-AN"

So when they speak dutch they will call her Ariane, and when they speak spanish, Ariana? Don't get it..

Whatever, I like the name. Like it very much. And the middlenames as well. I'm very relived that they didn't go for another A-ia name. That would have been corny, but I love it this way. Wish there was two n's in the name though. Arianne. :flowers:

Another thing, the Victoria in Amalia's name was after who? And what about Marcela in Alexia's name?

carlota said:
nice option of names once again although i thought they were going to chose a name with another letter! i like the combination of ariane wilhemina. i was surprised about inez, as maxima's sister is called ines (perhaps the dutch name is inez?)

She's called Inez,both here as well as within the family:)

And for the A,they went for a Triple-A rating according to the Prince...:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom