It's a Girl - Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines: April 10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EmmieLou said:
I actually like ArianA more, Amailia and Alexia just seem like cute, girly names but I am sure with time I will come to love the name Ariane.

I hear you, I like more "Ariana" than "Ariane", but it's not that bad, I mean it's just a letter, lol! It still is a nice name, I'm starting to like it!!!:flowers:

Empress said:
Well at the end of the day, if every royal fmaily followed only the traditional names there would be alot of Wilhelms, Anna, Wilhelminas, Georges, Elizabeth, Victorias, Williams, Marys, Frederics, and not a whole lot more, so I guess that every once in a while there is at least some new names to come in and that is a good thing.

I totally agree with you and with some other people who believe that the new names for the royal babies reflect in a way the modern times. for starters, crown princes are now marrying commoners so why not use common names as well? Besides, the old and traditional names are also there, they haven't set them aside completely...

The secondary names are not 'because they like it'

ahtikavalentine said:
Well I like the Ariane....But Wilhelmina...I'm not sure about it...:neutral:

The secondary names are usually not chosen because they 'like' it.
These refers to ancestors. Or to honour someone.
And that has happened in here as well.

Ariane - the parents' own choice
Wilhelmina - to honour Ariane's great-great-grandmother Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands (1880-1962)
Máxima - to honour Ariane's great- great-grandmother Máxima Blanca Bonorino de Zorreguieta (1874-1965)
Ines - to honour Ariane's aunt and most likely godmother Ines Zorreguieta Cerruti

Last edited:
Empress said:
I just do not see them wearing tiaras, outside of the children of the King/Queen or Children in law in this case.

All major jewels, the inventory of the palaces, the gold- silver- and crystalware, the libraries and archives, the art collections, the estates, the various portfolios, the carriages, etc. are handed over by Queen Juliana (1909-2004) from her private ownership into that of various Foundations and Trusts.

The one and the only goal of all these Foundations and Trusts is to prevent a break up and a fragmentation and sale of the priceless collections. All of these Foundations and Trusts are 'subservient to maintain and uphold the dignity and the prestige of the Bearer of the Crown and/or His House'.

So Amalia, Alexia or Ariane do not need to be given personal grand royal jewelry because they can be sure that everything which is now at the disposal of the royal family, still will be at their disposal when they will wear these treasures. Of course any new diademe would be welcome to expand the collection....
With other words: Queen Catharina-Amalia can be sure that she will have all the same grand possessions at her disposal as her great-grandmother Queen Juliana had. And I think the Dutch royal family might be very lucky with that.

That you seldom see other ladies with diademes simply has to do with the fact that they never take part in grand state banquets or something. Princess Irene already has left the Royal House in 1964. Princess Christina left the Royal House in 1975. Princess Mabel, the two Princesses from the House de Bourbon de Parme, the four ladies in the Van Vollenhoven-family and finally Juliana Edenia Guillermo simply never take part in the royal representation.

Like also Zara Phillips, Lady Gabriella, Lady Rose, Lady Sarah, etc. are never part of this sort of events in the United Kingdom.
:flowers:

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
So Amalia, Alexia or Ariane needs to be given personal grand royal jewelry but they can be sure that everything which is now at the disposal of the royal family, still will be at their disposal when they will wear these treasures. Of course any new diademe would be welcome to expand the collection....
With other words: Queen Catharina-Amalia can be sure that she will have all the same grand possessions at her disposal as her great-grandmother Queen Juliana had. And I think the Dutch royal family might be very lucky with that.

She nad they will have all the same grand possessions to their disposal as their great-grandmother , grandmother and mother...or maybe better if they'll buy or recive some other new pieces...
:)

magnik said:
She nad they will have all the same grand possessions to their disposal as their great-grandmother , grandmother and mother...or maybe better if they'll buy or recive some other new pieces...
:)

I made a small mistake, my correction:

So Amalia, Alexia or Ariane do not need to be given personal grand royal jewelry because they can be sure that everything which is now at the disposal of the royal family, will still be at their disposal when they will wear these treasures. Of course any new diademe would be welcome to expand the collection....

The Dutch Princesses are often the best bejewelled in comparison with their colleagues like Mathilde, Mette-Marit, Letizia. So there is no imminent need for more sparkling diamonds.

Henri M. said:
The Dutch Princesses are often the best bejewelled in comparison with their colleagues like Mathilde, Mette-Marit, Letizia. So there is no imminent need for more sparkling diamonds.

Sorry, but I think that they don't have a big luck with tiaras... I don't like few of them - becouse they looks terrible. So the new tiaras or more sparkling diamonds never too much:rolleyes:

magnik said:
Sorry, but I think that they don't have a big luck with tiaras... I don't like few of them - becouse they looks terrible. So the new tiaras or more sparkling diamonds never too much:rolleyes:

I thought Princess Máxima, Princess Laurentien and Princess Mabel have glitzed and glammed quite a lot. Princess Máxima has worn a dozen of different diademes so far and even Princess Laurentien has worn more diademes that Princess Mathilde...

So big chance there are items between these who are not to your taste, but you can be sure another event will see another diademe again... That is the luck they have.

Lucien, your earlier post got me thinking, and I looked at the Dutch royal jewels site and picked out the tiaras I thought would be most likely for the little princesses.

For at start: (and this is assuming they have all the tiaras at their disposal)

For Amalia, the hereditary Princess of Oranje: The Floral Motif Tiara, (her grandmother's favorite), or the Pearl Button Tiara (her grandmother's other favorite). I would also think that the tiara from the sapphire parure would be stunning on her. (or her mommy)

For Alexia, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Oranje-Nassau, Jonkveuw von Amsberg: The diamond and pearl Tiara, Princess Maxima's Diamond Stars Tiara,

For Ariane, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvuew von Amsberg: The Diamond Bandeau Tiara, the Emerald Tiara

LadyK said:
Lucien, your earlier post got me thinking, and I looked at the Dutch royal jewels site and picked out the tiaras I thought would be most likely for the little princesses.

For at start: (and this is assuming they have all the tiaras at their disposal)

For Amalia, the hereditary Princess of Oranje: The Floral Motif Tiara, (her grandmother's favorite), or the Pearl Button Tiara (her grandmother's other favorite). I would also think that the tiara from the sapphire parure would be stunning on her. (or her mommy)

For Alexia, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Oranje-Nassau, Jonkveuw von Amsberg: The diamond and pearl Tiara, Princess Maxima's Diamond Stars Tiara,

For Ariane, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvuew von Amsberg: The Diamond Bandeau Tiara, the Emerald Tiara

There's still the New Crown parure with the Stuart diamond and the Mellerio ruby parure and several others left for the then granny's in the family,by that time.14 Years from now and onwards(Amalia will turn 18 in 2021:ohmy: ),we"ll know,God willing.

Any word on the family photosession

I love the name Ariane. I know someone with that name and I always thought it was very dramatic. I've always pronounced it and I've always heard it pronounced Are-e-ann [say it like that]. I think it's gorgeous and I'm not suprised they stuck with the A-theme, but I am surprised it didn't end in -ia like her older sisters.

Congrats to the happy family! Loving the three 'A' names, having an 'A' name myself.

I'm sorry, but I just can't pronounce it "A-ree-a(a)nn", or "Aryan"( that just reminds me of Hitler:ermm:).

In my head she is princess A-ree-ann-E. :flowers: (Like you would pronounce it in Spanish)

Last edited:
Congrats! She is such a cute baby! I like very much the name! Ariane sounds very good for me!

I'm not a fan of the name Ariane. I would prefer Antonia or Anita for a "A" name but I think I will get used to Ariane like I am now with Leonor. But Whilhelmina, Máxima and Ines are good choices :) And it's so nice to see WA so happy. It's his third child and he looks so exciting like she was the first.

corazon said:
nothing yet, still is very soon

Thanks Corazon!:flowers: Sorry to jump the gun, as the saying is, but I really cannot wait to see this family together:wub: :wacko:

photos of the together family when? Thanks

I'm wish the photosession will be near, over the next days...I'm dying to see the pic!

Vanesa.

This weeks Blauw Bloed show has video from all the events of the week from Willem waving from the hospital to him talking about the name. Here is a link is anyone wants to watch. The part with Ariane starts about ten minutes in.
Player eo.nl

Probably on WA's birthday - 27 April.

Happy Birthday royal family of Netherlands and Grandmother Queen Beatrix!!!!

:) I'm wait for this date to see Princess Ariane again and the all family...

Congrats to Queen Beatrix:)

congrats to the whole of the netherlands

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom