Inauguration of King Willem-Alexander & Reception: April 30, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How come some of the Ministers are swearing one way and it seems that others are saying something different?

religious vs non-religious people

two fingers up swear 'with the help of God almighty' the others say 'so I promise'

Last edited:
What are the members of the States General saying now?

The are taking an oath. The ones keeping their fingers up promise in the name of God the ones who don't just promise (no God involved).

Designer? Valentino? Or Jan taminiau?

pledge allegiance to the new king

Thank you!
I thought it was something similar, but was puzzled because they are using different wordings.

So some swear by Almighty God, others don't, but what about the woman in white - she sounded like she didn't agree at all!

So some swear by Almighty God, others don't, but what about the woman in white - she sounded like she didn't agree at all!

There are a few who won't take the oath, they will not be called out, but are present
(they have said up front the won't do it)

How come some of the Ministers are swearing one way and it seems that others are saying something different?

There is a christian and an agnostic/atheist oath. "Zo waarlijk helpe mij God almachtig" = So God help me. and "Dat beloof ik" = I promise that

I see, its religious and non-religious. I thought at first that were those who agreed and others who don't, thankfully I was wrong.

But there was a women there who said something diferent than the two oaths, and people laughed. What did she say?

Are the people who are swearing their allegiance, monarchists? Are the people who don't hold up their hand not?

yes this is confusing does anyone know what the fingers up means ? and this "duc belovic" ?

boy, there's a lot of ministers.

yes this is confusing does anyone know what the fingers up means ? and this "duc belovic" ?

Look up a couple of comments. It is religious v non-religious pledge

boy, there's a lot of ministers.

Those are not ministers, they are members of the parliament (150 for the lower, and 75 for the higher chamber; 5 anti-monarchists are absent, but they will have to sweat allegiance later, or they cannot be part of the parliament anymore).

hello . . . is there a live feed to watch the event. thank you :)

Maxima is just stunning. She will be a perfect queen and very glamourous.
Wishing the royal couple all the best.

The Queen does look regal and stunning in that tiara....sorry I came to this late, I forgot all about it - darn it.

Curious if we see the Crown Prince Couples bowing

HRH Princess Beatrix looks proud and calm too !

I hope all of you enjoy the ceremonies and that they live up to what you all expected it to be..?!..:flowers:

No no,they won't curtsey now,they might during the reception after this ceremony though,but there won't be any camera's ...

Last edited by a moderator:

it just dawned on me that King WA and Maxima will not get to see the coronation of any of them because reigning royals do not attend coronations..

I hope all of you enjoy the ceremonies and that they live up to what you all expected it to be..?!..:flowers:

Oh yes. It was magnificent. I got goose bumps and almost cried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom