Godparents for Princess Ariane

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
As the court will probably only announce the godparents of Princess Ariane a few days before her baptism, we will have a lot of time to start wild guesses about them. Please do so in this thread, so we can keep the current events thread of Princess Ariane for her current events (which should be limited to sleeping, eating and crying for the next months).

This thread will be closed when the godparents are announced, but in the mean time happy posting and free champagne for those who get them all (5?) right.

well, I guess one of them will be Maxima's sister, Ines.

Inès Zorreguieta Cerruti

Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti was godparent to Princess Catharina-Amalia
Juan Zorregieta Cerruti was godparent to Princess Alexia
so we may assume that
Inès Zorreguieta Cerruti will become godparent to Princess Ariane

See this paparazzo picture of a disturbed Princess Máxima shopping with her not-pleased youngest sister in Buenos Aires.
This picture is a few years old so Inès can have changed a lot in the meantime.

Last edited:
ines i think will be, but i wonder what royals- if any - they'll have

acdc1 said:
ines i think will be, but i wonder what royals- if any - they'll have

Of course the Princess will have royal godparents. Plenty of royals in the own and in other royal families.

:flowers:

What about Princess Mette-Marit of Norway?
Máxima is the Godmother of Prince Sverre-Magnus, so I think it would be nice if Mette-Marit becomes Ariane's Godmother...

Ines Zorreguieta will probobaly be a godmother. However I'm not sure because Alexia was given Princess Laurentien''s name as a middle name but she did not become a godmother.
Perhaps Laurentien will be a godmother this time as Maxima is godmother to Leonor.

For godfather there will probably be a friend of the couple, I doubt Johan Friso or Constanjin as they are already godfathers. Maybe the will choose Prince Floris or Bernhard?

I also expect them to 'get' Ines Zorreguietta as a godmother for Princess Ariane.
I would not be surprised if they would ask one of the van Vollenhovens either, Prince Maurits would be the most logical choise for that.
They will obviously get a foreign royal to, perhaps Mette-Marit but that would seem rather as a trade-off (to me). I don't expect the Danish CP couple, as the PoO and Maxima do not seem that close to them (but that is just an impression, not based on any facts whatsoever).
Alexia received 5 godparents so I gather Princess Ariane will get that to. The other 2 that I have to fill in will probably be made up by friends of the couple. My knowledge of their circle of friends is not good enough to start guessing on that, so I won't.

How many godparents does Catharina Amalia have?

Empress said:
How many godparents does Catharina Amalia have?

She had 6 godparents: Prince Constanjin, Crown Princess Victoria, Marc ter Haar (friend of her father), Herman-Diederik Tjeenk Willink (Vice-president of the Council of State), Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane (her mother's friend) and her uncle Martín Zorreguieta.

I think....
-Inez sister of Maxima
-Mette-Marit or Haakon of Norway
-Mabel of the Netherlands
-Phillipe of Belgium

Inez seems an obvious choice for godmother but Laurentien was not a godmother for Alexia and she had been given her aunts name

I think:
-Inez Zorregieta
-Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
-Maurits Van Vollenhoven
-A friend of Maxima's
-A friend of Willem-Alexander's

Marengo said:
I don't expect the Danish CP couple, as the PoO and Maxima do not seem that close to them (but that is just an impression, not based on any facts whatsoever).

What is PoO?

Ines Zorregieta
Prince Floris (wasn't Ariane born in his birthday?:ermm:)
CPss Mette Marit
Friend of Maxima
Friend of W-A

Although the short form is somewhat...ehm.... funny. Imagine someone shouting out hey POO!

Well right away I have to immediately go with Ines and Floris

I know even though Laurentien's name was part of Alexia's and yet wasn't a godmother. I find that a little strange but still the pattern remains that Maxima has had each of her siblings be godparent of each child so Ines is still a likely choice in my opinion.

I also think Mette-Marit of Norway is another likely choice mainly because Maxima is godmother to Sverre.

And then of course Floris. Little Ariane was born on his birthday and I think it would be a very sweet thing to see him as godfather.

Although I am curious if there is any good friendship or something like that among Carl-Philip and W-A. It seems that it is about time for him to be considered as a godparent to a royal. However, if he isn't considered by Maxima and W-A then I would assume he may become a godfather to the new Danish baby. Or both babies! Who knows!

What about Guillaume of Luxembourg or maybe Philippe or Mathilde of Belgium or is that not likely because of them being Catholic?

This would be easier to guess if I had a better understanding of the other royals that W-A is closest with. Friendship-wise. I don't know for sure but it always seems that they are commonly associated with the Belgians. But that doesn't always mean that they are great friends but it could be.

Philippe and/or Mathilde are excellent choices, 'cuz they are future monarchs and also very close to W-A & Maxi:flowers:

when does the baptism take place?3/4months?
My choices are,
Ines
Mette-Marit &/or Hakoon
Prince philipe
a member of the Dutch royal family

Mathilde already is a godmother

crisiñaki said:
Philippe and/or Mathilde are excellent choices, 'cuz they are future monarchs and also very close to W-A & Maxi:flowers:

Princess Mathilde, the Duchess of Brabant, already is a godmother to Princess Alexia. So her choice will be most unlikely.

:flowers:

It is quite common for godparents to be of the same name as the child has. So Maxima's sister, Ines, seems a good choice. But it has been posted that Alexia has the name Laurentien, but that HRH Pss Laurentien is not her godmother.

Could anyone tell me the full names of Amalia and Alexia and who the godparents are?

So when will this basptism be? In about 6 months?

My predictions:
-Inés Zorreguieta
-Princess Laurentien
-Florencia Di Cocco
-Prince Haakon
-A friend of WA

Wassenaar

MissSaga said:
So when will this basptism be? In about 6 months?

Yes. Most likely between now and 6 months, in Wassenaar village church. (pic)

I think Ines (Maxima's sister)

Princess Mary of Denmark
Princess Mette-Merit
Princess Aimée
and a friend of WA:)

Thank you, Henri M. This is very interesting and enlightening.

It definitely seems as if there is a senior Dutch royal, a member of Maxima's family, a senior foreign royal, and a friend of each of the parents. Due to Amalia's more senior position, she also got a government figure.

pattern = 2x family + 1x foreign royal + 2x friends

Alison20 said:
Thank you, Henri M. This is very interesting and enlightening.

It definitely seems as if there is a senior Dutch royal, a member of Maxima's family, a senior foreign royal, and a friend of each of the parents. Due to Amalia's more senior position, she also got a government figure.

Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria
-Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands (uncle of Amalia)

-Martin Zorreguieta Cerruti (uncle of Amalia)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Marc ter Haar (friend Willem-Alexander)
-Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane (friend Máxima)
+
extra godparent: 'the Viceroy', Herman Diederik Tjeenk Wellink (vice-president Council of State) as guardian of the monarch's interests

Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien
-Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau (uncle of Alexia)
-Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti (uncle of Alexia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Princess Mathilde of Belgium
-Jonkvrouw Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice (friend Willem-Alexander and Máxima)
-Jonkheer Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort (friend Willem-Alexander and Máxima)

Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines my prediction:
-Princess Margriet of the Netherlands (great aunt of Ariane)
-Ines Zorreguieta Cerruti (aunt of Ariane)
-Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
-Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury (friend Willem-Alexander)
-Florencia di Cocco ( friend Máxima)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom