Godparents for Princess Ariane

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
godparents choices probably would be
p.Mathilde, p.Mette-Marit

Princess Mathilde already is godparent to Princess Alexia.
Crown Princess Victoria is godparent to Princess Catharina-Amalia.

So that leaves, if we take the same 'rank': Crown Princess Mette-Marit (most likely), Crown Princess Mary, Princess Letizia, Princess Masako, Camilla of Cornwall, etc.

not very innovative in my pool, but i also think ines, mette-marit, florencia di cocco and either laurentien or magriet will be godmothers.

not very innovative in my pool, but i also think ines, mette-marit, florencia di cocco and either laurentien or magriet will be godmothers.

Now this would be an interesting choice,Princess Margriet,and maybe Pieter van Vollenhoven as well,as both have played such a very special role in the life of Alexander,and Máxima.He was with them every weekend since his 12th year,as he told in the documentary on occasion of their 40th wedding anniversary,they became his "second parents" really.I would applaud the choice,such a very special couple in more then one way.
:wub:

I wouldn´t be too surprised if Count Franz-Clemens of Waldburg-Zeil or his wife Stephanie, nee Css Blanckenstein will be asked for a godparent. Willem-Alexander is godfather of their 3rd daughter, so to ask the count for their own 3rd daughter would be appropriate.
Now they have to work for a 4th girl as Maxima is a godmother to the couple´s 4th daughter, and we wouldn´t want to leave out the countess now would we? ;)

How many days/weeks before the baptism of Alexia and Amalia did they reveal the names of the godparents? This is taking forever!

Not so many time..I think we are a little impatient! :D The Royal House knows better than us why are they delaying the Godparents name's announcement in such a way. And I wouldn't guess who should they must be...For I always said the wrong names...LOL. :rolleyes::lol:

Vanesa.

Now this would be an interesting choice,Princess Margriet,and maybe Pieter van Vollenhoven as well,as both have played such a very special role in the life of Alexander,and Máxima.He was with them every weekend since his 12th year,as he told in the documentary on occasion of their 40th wedding anniversary,they became his "second parents" really.

Why and where was he with them every weekend?

I believe Mette-Marit, Ines Zorreguieta and some good friend of Maxima will be Godmothers.

Prince Federik or Máxima's young brother for Godfather

Maybe they will ask Letizia or Felipe as a godparent?

Letizia would be very interesting, I don't think she's been a royal godmother yet, and Felipe isn't used very often. Mary would also be an interesting choice, and so would Frederik. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Mette-Marit as a godmother, she seems to be used a lot.

I think Letizia indeed would be a nice choice. Afterall the spanish language would be a common bond, and it would be a nice start for the royal newcomer.
However I think apart from those "official" choices, that have more to do with the position then the parents likings (eg. the PM for Amalia) I think personal feelings should be considered. So if the dutch are very good friends with however, they should stick with them.
Anyway, I can't see Mary getting invited into this circle, but who knows...

I think it'd be nice to have Camilla. It's about time there was a Brit godparent and why not Milla?

godparents

He was with them every weekend since his 12th year,as he told in the documentary on occasion of their 40th wedding anniversary,they became his "second parents" really.
Nah, he was not with them 'every weekend for years' and he had/has a great set of parents himself, as he and his brothers has allways said. He spent (some) weekends with them in the very early eighties when he had a hard time as a teenager (who doesnt at that point in their lives)? I am sure the fact that they were basically the only aunt/uncle living in the Netherlands played a big role in that too.
I would like to see Mette-Marit or Laetizia. Ines is a given I think since the baby is named after her.

I think it'd be nice to have Camilla. It's about time there was a Brit godparent and why not Milla?

I doubt it. The Dutch CP couple seem closer to Edward and Sophie than Charles and Camilla...it seems to be them who attend official events (their wedding, WA's 40th birthday etc).

I doubt it. The Dutch CP couple seem closer to Edward and Sophie than Charles and Camilla...it seems to be them who attend official events (their wedding, WA's 40th birthday etc).

Indeed. On TV it was stated that The Prince of Orange has sent specific (and not general) invitations. This means that the Earl and Countess (who seems to be regular weekend guests at the princely estate) were personally invited by the Prince.

:flowers:

Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury
Florencia di Cocco
Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
The Countess of Wessex
Inès Zorreguieta Cerruti

Yes, a nice bunch of godparents.

My guesses:
Inés Zorreguieta
Princess Laurentien
Florencia Di Cocco
Prince Haakon or Princess Mette-Marit

Maxima's sister Ines
Crown Princess Mette-Marit
Princess Margriet
Earl of Wessex
Close friend/s of the couple

Could someone remind me when this baptism is going to take place? Wasn't the date set for September?
I'll be going to the NL for a vacation in a week or two, would be too great if the baptism would be just then:wub:
However I doubt I'll get my hubby anywhere near a point of interest, you could say, that the sight of a tiara or the mentioning of the word "princess" gives him a bad case of the hives:shock:

Her Royal Highness Princess Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Inés of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau will be baptized in the Kloosterkerk (picture) (Cloister Church), The Hague, on Saturday October 20th 2007.

Inés Zorroguieta could be godmother.

HRH Princess Letizia....most probably..is one of the godparents.

HRH Princess Letizia....most probably..is one of the godparents.

I think it's more likely that it will be CP Mette-Marit, they are very good friends, and Maxima is Godmother to Sverre.
And in IMO MM will be a better Godmother than Letizia :innocent:

I think it's more likely that it will be CP Mette-Marit, they are very good friends, and Maxima is Godmother to Sverre.
And in IMO MM will be a better Godmother than Letizia :innocent:

That is a bit silly to say don't you think?You know neither one of the Ladies.:angel::curtsey:

Unless I was fooled,the chance it is Letizia is far greater.Oh well,whomever,they are all really really good friends.

That is a bit silly to say don't you think?You know neither one of the Ladies.:angel::curtsey:

Unless I was fooled,the chance it is Letizia is far greater.Oh well,whomever,they are all really really good friends.

Hmmm... we'll see what will happen on Saturday, but believe me, it'll not be Letzia, never be Letizia :lol:
My gut feeling is telling me "Mette-Marit", and that is normaly in 99% right.

OMG never Letizia.

It will be Mette-Marit or Cristina would be a great choice...but i don´t think the would chose her. Too bad.

Today a Dutch journalist said that he called the Spanish court and they confirmed that the Princess of Asturias has an official engagement in The Netherlands saturday.

Letizia for godmother I guess!

Today a Dutch journalist said that he called the Spanish court and they confirmed that the Princess of Asturias has an official engagement in The Netherlands saturday.

Letizia for godmother I guess!

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mette-Marit as a godmother, since they do seem to be friendly. But, then again, Letizia wouldn't be a total shock, and it would be nice if they used her, since Mette-Marit practically has a waiting list for being a godmother, and I don't think Letizia has any royal godchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom