Godparents for Princess Ariane

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ines Zorreguieta
Prince Floris
CPss Mette Marit
Princess Mabel

Henri M. said:
Unlikely.

Crown Princess Victoria is already godmother and namegiver to Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau.

:flowers:

You're right...then possibly Mette-Marit...could a Godparent/mother be 'repeated' anyway?

What do you mean with repeated? That for example CP Victoria will be a godmother of Catharina-Amalia and Ariane? There is nothing against it, but traditionally it is not very common. I can't think of any example where this actually happened.

I still vote for Mette-Marit. I think Willem - Alexander and Maxima want someone with the title HRH to be godmother. Or Crown Princess Mary?

Maybe Haakon or Mette-Marit, or Phillipe of Belgium,
But I vote for Mabel because Laurentien is godparent of alexia

No, Laurentien is not Alexia's godmother. Alexia only has Laurentien's name.

mathilde16 said:
Maybe Haakon or Mette-Marit, or Phillipe of Belgium,
But I vote for Mabel because Laurentien is godparent of alexia

No, from both families only the two brothers of the Prince and the two brothers of the Princess have been asked as godparent so far:

Princess Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria:
His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands

mr. Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti
mr. Mark ter Haar
the high- and wellborn lady Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane
Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
His Excellency mr. Herman-Diederik Tjeenk Willink, vice-president of the Council of State

Princess Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien:
His Royal Highness Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau
mr. Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti
the high- and wellborn lord Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort
the high- and wellborn lady Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice
Her Royal Highness Princess Mathilde of Belgium, the Duchess of Brabant

Last edited:
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Laurentien has been Alexia's godmother
Alexia has just "Laurentien" in her names:)

Henri M. said:
No, from both families only the two brothers of the Prince and the two brothers of the Princess have been asked as godparent so far:

Princess Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria:
His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands

mr. Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti
mr. Mark ter Haar
the high- and wellborn lady Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane
Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
His Excellency mr. Herman-Diederik Tjeenk Willink, vice-president of the Council of State

Princess Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien:
His Royal Highness Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau
mr. Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti
the high- and wellborn lord Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort
the high- and wellborn lady Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice
Her Royal Highness Princess Mathilde of Belgium, the Duchess of Brabant

Henri M, pardon my ignorance but what does it mean "the high and wellborn lady Samantha...? is not applicable for Martin Zorreguieta?

Princess Emma said:
Henri M, pardon my ignorance but what does it mean "the high and wellborn lady Samantha...? is not applicable for Martin Zorreguieta?

Samantha Deane is married to a Dutch Baron, and thus her title became as HenriM posted it.

Martin Zorreguieta doens't have a title. Only Máxima got a title.

The family of princess Mathilde recieved a higher title, but they were already nobility. :flowers:

Dutch, Belgian and Luxembourgian noble titulature

In the Netherlands, Begium and Luxembourg the usual titulature is used for members of the nobility:

Aristocrats with the title of:

Prins/Prinses (Prince/Princess)
Hertog/Hertogin (Duke/Duchess)
Markies/Markiezin (Marquess/Marchioness)
Graaf/Gravin (Count/Countess)
Burggraaf/Burggravin (Viscount/Viscountess)

are addressed with
De hooggeboren heer / De hooggeboren vrouwe
(The highborn lord / The highborn lady)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aristocrats with the title of:

Baron/Barones (Baron/Baroness)
Ridder/Jonkvrouw (Knight/Lady)

are adressed with
De hoogwelgeboren heer / De hoogwelgeboren vrouwe
(The high- and wellborn lord / the high- and wellborn lady)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Untitled aristocrats have the predicate
Jonkheer/Jonkvrouw

and are adressed with
De hoogwelgeboren heer / De hoogwelgeboren vrouwe
(The high- and wellborn lord / the high- and wellborn lady)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Belgium however, it is also acceptable to use 'Mijnheer/Mevrouw' or 'Monsieur (Monseigneur, Messire) /Madame (Dame)', also for members of the royal family.

Last edited:
Marengo said:
What do you mean with repeated? That for example CP Victoria will be a godmother of Catharina-Amalia and Ariane? There is nothing against it, but traditionally it is not very common. I can't think of any example where this actually happened.

That was exactly my question...thanks Marengo.

did samantha and the baron meet through maxima and willem (i'd assume, silly question)? any photos of them?

i was actually thinking perhaps willem and maxima decide to choose someone from the luxembourg family considering the close ties between them. they chose someone for alexia from the belgian family, and perhaps they wish to choose maria teresa or guillaume of luxembourg now? i'd be inclined to say teresa, rather, as they seemed to become closer during the last official visit from the luxembourgish couple to the netherlands...

I believe they did. The baron is a friend of Willem-Alexander, so... As he is only the second son I am afraid that Samantha will never inhabit the family mansion though.

Aww that is such a sweet story:wub:

It has just been announced by the Royal House that little Princess Ariane will be christened in the Kloosterkerk in The Hague on Saturday 20th October.:flowers:

I guess :

-Inez or Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti

- Haakon or Mette-Marit of Norway

Probably Ines, since Ariane has a middle name named after her, but then again, Alexia has Laurentien in her name, and Laurentien wasn't chosen as a godmother. Maybe she will be chosen this time.

We finally know when she will be baptized! It is a long way off though.

Just find out the pattern:

Princess Catharina-Amalia

1x paternal godparent (uncle HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands)
1x maternal godparent (uncle mr. Martin Zorreguieta Cerruti)
1x royal godparent (HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Duchess of Västergötland)
2x friends (Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane, mr. Marc ter Haar)
1x extra godfather for the State (mr. Herman-Diederik Tjeenk Willink, the Vice-President of the Council of State)

Princess Alexia

1x paternal godparent (uncle HRH Prince Friso of the Netherlands)
1x maternal godparent (uncle mr. Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti)
1x royal godparent (HRH Princess Mathilde of Belgium, Duchess of Brabant)
2x friends (Jonkheer Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort, Jonkvrouwe Alexandra Jankovich de Jezsenice)

Princess Ariane

1x paternal godparent (great aunt HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands ?)
1x maternal godparent (aunt miss Inès Zorreguieta Cerruti ?)
1x royal godparent (HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway ?)
2x friends (Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury ?, ms. Florencia di Cocco ?)

Princess Ariane

1x paternal godparent (great aunt HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands ?)
1x maternal godparent (aunt miss Inès Zorreguieta Cerruti ?)
1x royal godparent (HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway ?)
2x friends (Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury ?, ms. Florencia di Cocco ?)

I agree but what about Laurentien(instead of Margriet)?:rolleyes:

I agree but what about Laurentien(instead of Margriet)?:rolleyes:

That is also a possibility, but would it not leave Princess Mabel?
The Prince seems attached to his aunt Princess Margriet and maybe he wants to honour her as well.

I know this is not the right thread but can anyone tell more information on the Dutch Baron that Samantha Dean married into? where do they live? what do they do for a living? have they had children already?

I know this is not the right thread but can anyone tell more information on the Dutch Baron that Samantha Dean married into? where do they live? what do they do for a living? have they had children already?

Willem Frederik van Welderen Rengers is from an old Dutch noble family, which belongs to the medieaeval Friesian aristocracy.
His father is Ir. Joan Jacob van Welderen baron Rengers and his mother is Cornelia Francisca van Welderen Baroness Rengers née Jonkvrouwe Beelaerts van Blokland.

For so far I know Frederik and Samantha live in London, United Kingdom. He is a banker and she is an interior designer. They have no children. The couple were maried in Martindale Country Club in Pilar, north of Buenos Aires (Argentina), the meeting place of the ultimate Argentinean high society. The Zorreguietas are also member of Martindale Country Club. Also of Pingunos Country Club, of Argentino Yacht Club in Drsena Norte (the old harbour of Buenos Aires) and of Club Americana. The parents of Samantha move in the same social circles as the Zorreguietas. Samantha and Máxima, now a Baroness and a Princess (veeeery good marriages, ladies.......) know each other since kindergarten and went to the same schools until university.

The Van Welderen Rengers family has 'delivered' quite a number of Hofdames, Dames du Palais and Kamerheren to the Court. There are still a few private estates owned by the Van Welderen Rengers family. Like Reelaer in the east of the Netherlands. It is not accessible so there are very few pictures. Here is one before the restoration, which is currently under way. There are farmhouses and a studfarm on Reelaer Estate. Or Epemastate in Friesland which is owned by the eldest daughter of the last Friesian Van Welderen Rengers (Lady Maria Clara Electa Walburga van Eysinga née Baroness van Harinxma thoe Slooten)

Last edited:
godparents choices probably would be
p.Mathilde, p.Mette-Marit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom