Godparents for Princess Ariane

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri M. said:
Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria
-Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands (uncle of Amalia)
-Martin Zorreguieta Cerruti (uncle of Amalia)
-Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
-Herman Diederik Tjeenk Wellink (vice-president Council of State)
-Marc ter Haar (friend Willem-Alexander)
-Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane (friend Máxima)

Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien
-Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau (uncle of Alexia)
-Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti (uncle of Alexia)
-Princess Mathilde of Belgium
-Lady Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice (friend Willem-Alexander and Máxima)
-Lord Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort (friend Willem-Alexander and Máxima)

Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines my prediction:
-Princess Margriet of the Netherlands (great aunt of Ariane)
-Ines Zorreguieta Cerruti (aunt of Ariane)
-Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
-Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury (friend Willem-Alexander)
-Florencia di Cocco ( friend Máxima)

I'm with you on the prediction of all but one.Instead of Märtha Louise,I think Mette-Marit as the couples are very close friends.
Princess Margriet,would be a wonderfull choice,all the more as W-A told us he regards Margriet and Pieter as his second parents.
:flowers:

I'm also more inclined to think one of the Godmothers will be Crown Princess Mette-Marit, rather then Princess Märtha Louise.

Of other people Henry M. named, I hesitate only about Princess Margriet and Florencia di Cocco. I think it would be nice if either Princess Laurentien or Princess Mabel would be one of the Godmonthers, instead of Princess Margariet. As for Florencia de Cocco, I just don't know how close Maxima is with her, so I'll trust Henry M. and Lucien on this one.

My list would look like this:
Princess Laurentien
Ines Zorreguieta Cerruti
Crown Princess Mette-Marit
Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury
A friend of Maxima

Florencia di Cocco / Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane

Avalon said:
As for Florencia de Cocco, I just don't know how close Maxima is with her, so I'll trust Henry M. and Lucien on this one.

According to the Royal House website Florencia di Cocco and Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane are both close friends with Máxima since the age of 4. They have been together at primary school at the Institut Malinckrodt, with the German nuns. They have been together at Northlands College. And both were witnesses for the Princess during her wedding.

Florencia di Cocco studied psychology and pedagogy and has established a primary and secondary school in Buenos Aires from which she is the principal. Florencia is still unmarried.

Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane studied Economics and Law in the United Kingdom. In 2004 Samantha engaged in a high society wedding when she married Frederik van Welderen Baron Rengers, son of Albert Joan Jacob van Welderen Baron Rengers and of Lady Cornelia Francisca Beelaerts van Blokland.

Picture with from the left to the right:
- miss Samantha Deane (longtime friend of the Princess)
- miss Florencia di Cocco (longtime friend of the Princess)
- Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
- His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange
- the high- and wellborn lord Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort (longtime friend of the Prince)
- the high- and wellborn lord Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury (longtime friend of the Prince)

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
According to the Royal House website Florencia di Cocco and Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane are both close friends with Máxima since the age of 4. They have been together at primary school at the Institut Malinckrodt, with the German nuns. They have been together at Northlands College. And both were witnesses for the Princess during her wedding.

Florencia di Cocco studied psychology and pedagogy and has established a primary and secondary school in Buenos Aires from which she is the principal. Florencia is still unmarried...

Thank you very much for the information, Henry M. :flowers:
After your explanation, I find it highly probable Florencia di Cocco will be one of the Godmothers. Especially since Samantha van Welderen is a Godmother to Amalia.

Prince Andrew Duke of York
Madeleine of Sweden
Queen of Denmark
Ines (Sister of Maxima)
Johan Friso
Duke of Brabant
Duchess of Babant
Mary of Denmark
Constintine II of Greece

Aurora810 said:
What about Guillaume of Luxembourg or maybe Philippe or Mathilde of Belgium or is that not likely because of them being Catholic?

This would be easier to guess if I had a better understanding of the other royals that W-A is closest with. Friendship-wise. I don't know for sure but it always seems that they are commonly associated with the Belgians. But that doesn't always mean that they are great friends but it could be.

I don't know royal position on non-catholic godparents, but the godparents of a catholic child should be catholic. Since it is the purpose of a godparent. A non catholic and be a witness. I guess the decision is the parents no.:unsure:

For godparents, I think they will be:
-Prince Maurits (cousin of W-A)
-Ines Zorreguieta (sister of Máxima)
-Crown Princess Mette-Marit
-Florencia di Cocco (Máxima's friend)
-A friend of W-A

Mathilde is the godmother of Alexia, so I don't think she will be the godmother of the little Princess Ariane.

My list:
Ines Zorreguieta,
Princess Mette-Marit
Prince Friso
Tijo, baron Collot d'Escury

Maybe 1 or 2 more.

I'd go for:
+Inés Zorreguieta (Obviously because of Ariane's name, I'm 100% sure about this, lol!)
+Crown Princess Mette-Marit (because Maxima's godmother to Sverre).
+Prince Floris (Or one of the van Vollenhoven brothers, since W-A's brothers are already godfathers to Amalia & Alexia, but I'd go for Floris just because of the date Ariane was born), and/or Princess Laurentien, they seem to be close.
+Maxima's friend.
+Willem-Alexander's friend.

anabela921 said:
I don't know royal position on non-catholic godparents, but the godparents of a catholic child should be catholic. Since it is the purpose of a godparent. A non catholic and be a witness. I guess the decision is the parents no.:unsure:

The princesses are not Catholic, they're brought up in the protestant faith as far as I know. BUt then again, Máxima's brothers and sister are most surely Catholics and Martin and Juan have been godparents to the other two princesses, right?

Henri M. said:
Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria
-Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands (uncle of Amalia)

-Martin Zorreguieta Cerruti (uncle of Amalia)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Marc ter Haar (friend Willem-Alexander)
-Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane (friend Máxima)
+
extra godparent: 'the Viceroy', Herman Diederik Tjeenk Wellink (vice-president Council of State) as guardian of the monarch's interests

Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien
-Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau (uncle of Alexia)
-Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti (uncle of Alexia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Princess Mathilde of Belgium
-Jonkvrouw Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice (friend Willem-Alexander and Máxima)
-Jonkheer Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort (friend Willem-Alexander and Máxima)

Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines my prediction:
-Princess Margriet of the Netherlands (great aunt of Ariane)
-Ines Zorreguieta Cerruti (aunt of Ariane)
-Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
-Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury (friend Willem-Alexander)
-Florencia di Cocco ( friend Máxima)

I concur with your choice Henri, except for the prominent royal - my guess is that it'll be Mette-Marit instead of Martha Louise.... Let's see what happens ;-)

Pooky said:
The princesses are not Catholic, they're brought up in the protestant faith as far as I know. BUt then again, Máxima's brothers and sister are most surely Catholics and Martin and Juan have been godparents to the other two princesses, right?

Martín and Juan Zorreguieta indeed are Roman-Catholics but for first and all they are Christian. They recognize the baptism in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

For the Church, this is more than enough.

Note that Princess Mathilde of Belgium (RC) is a godmother to Princess Alexia (Prot.).
And that Princess Máxima of the Netherlands (RC) is a godmother to Prince Sverre Magnus (Prot.).

How about CPss Mette-Marit or Mary and Letizia ?

Too high ?

magnik said:
How about CPss Mette-Marit or Mary and Letizia ?

All three of them are very possible, but I don't know if a Crown Princess is 'too high' for a third child.
Maybe they will go for a 'lower' Princess like Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Madeleine, Princess Astrid, Infanta Christina, Princess Beatrice, that sort of ladies.

Henri M. said:
All three of them are very possible, but I don't know if a Crown Princess is 'too high' for a third child.
Maybe they will go for a 'lower' Princess like Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Madeleine, Princess Astrid, Infanta Christina, Princess Beatrice, that sort of ladies.

What about Greeks? or Dutch cusins like Maurits?

magnik said:
What about Greeks? or Dutch cusins like Maurits?

It looks like the Dutch royals (De Bourbon de Parme, Van Oranje-Nassau van Vollenhoven) are more 'reserved' for baptisms for children other than these of the Prince of Orange.

I think it will be a younger second royal. Maybe a German royal (like Princess Benedikta zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein) who is a close friend to the parents.

Princess Martha Louise or Princess Madeleine would be great choices... i don't know how many children either of them are godparents of. It would probably please both very much if they were asked.

Well, Maxima is the godmother of Sverre Magnus (She is a crown princess and Sverre is not the 1st child), I think any crown princess or prince could be godparents of Ariane.
I'd like Haakon & Mette Marit. Plus Ines Zorreguieta and Princess Laurentien.

Henri M. said:
Martín and Juan Zorreguieta indeed are Roman-Catholics but for first and all they are Christian. They recognize the baptism in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

For the Church, this is more than enough.

Note that Princess Mathilde of Belgium (RC) is a godmother to Princess Alexia (Prot.).
And that Princess Máxima of the Netherlands (RC) is a godmother to Prince Sverre Magnus (Prot.).

Yes, Henri, the point I was trying to make was that the fact that Maxima's siblings are Catholics does not prevent them from becoming godparents to the princesses.

I really hope they ask Prince Floris to be godfather, especially since the baby was born on his birthday, and it would be a really nice for them to pick him.

Is Floris godfather to any of his brother's children, or any other children for that matter? I know that Maurits and was godfather to Claus-Casimir, and I think Bernhard has been godfather to one of Maurits' children. I think it would be really nice if they choose Floris.

Since Máxima is the godmother of Sverre, I think Mette-Marit or Haakon could be chosen as godparents of Ariane. Other possibly choices are Laurentien and Ines Zorreguieta. And also a cousin of WA (probably Prince Maurits) and a friend of the couple.

I think that the last one is the more reasonable proposition I ever read...But only Princess Ariane's parents knows who will be her Godparents! I suppose that we must do something we hate...just to wait until the formal announcements about the matter is made! :rolleyes: :lol:

Vanesa.

Henri M. said:
This picture is a few years old so Inès can have changed a lot in the meantime.

How is Inès Zorreguieta? The last I read about her there were speculation that she was suffering from anorexia. Is she working? attending university?.. The same for Juan as well.
thanks

I woudn't be surprised with ether Princess Margriet or Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven as a godparent either, it would be a lovely gesture by the Prince of Orange and his wife.

I do think that the foreign royal they will chose will be one of the more prominent ones. Their two other daughters both had a crownprincess and the PoO and his brothers all had a high ranking one too (Queen Margrethe II, King Harald, King Constantine). As Haakon is already godfather to Countess Eloise I gather that Mette-Marit will be asked this time, though Haakon can have two Dutch goddaughters to, of course.

For friends of WA, perhaps the Count of Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenhems. The Prince of Orange is godfather to one of his daughters too (Archduchess Maria, nee Pss of the Two-Sicilies was the godmother).

I can't comment on friends of the parents as possible Godparents since I know next to nothing about possible friends.
However when you look at the dutch crownprincely couple and their young family than one thing is abundantly clear:
They are fans of patterns:

#All three girls (ok, that is probably out of their hands:rolleyes: ) have names beginning with A and that have six letters. (all names are heavy on the "e" and "a")
#All three girls carry the name of a dutch Queen.
#All three have a calling name that is non family related, however the rest of the names are significant to the family

The first two have
a brother of the father
a sibling of the mother
a friend of the father
a friend of the mother
and a foreign crown princess as godparents

I wouldn't even bet a dime against that set system.

Ariane will have
a very close relative of the father (likely one of the Vollenhovens or Laurentien NONONO Mabel) in lieu of a sibling of the father
Ines (as sibling of the mother)
a friend of the mother ( Ms de Cocco?)
a friend of the father
and a foreign princess, as Maxima is closer to MM than to either Mary or Letizia (despite the spanish roots:ermm: ) I would guess it is her.

All that and the fact that Maximas outfit will be stunning and her headgear ridiculous:innocent:

Alisa said:
How is Inès Zorreguieta? The last I read about her there were speculation that she was suffering from anorexia. Is she working? attending university?.. The same for Juan as well.
thanks

She is fine, studying at university

Princess Laurentien or Prince Maurits
Inés Zorreguieta
Crown Princess Mette-Marit
Friend of Father
Friend of Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom