Dutch Working Visits to German States: 2014-2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
The King and Queen will pay a working visit to the German states of Lower Saxony and North Rhine-Westphalia on May 26th and 27th. The visit will be focussed on industry, energy and trade.

Source: RVD

First pics

Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander visit Next Energy at University of Oldenburg in Oldenburg. May 26th, 2014

PPE Agency ** Getty Images ** ANP Foto

Last edited:

Máxima visited the company Mariko in Leer and attended the launch of the "Frische ist Leben" initiative:

** ppe gallery **

In Werlte Máxima and Willem-Alexander visited company AUDI and attended the Power to Gas presentation:

** ppe gallery **

** ndr.de gallery: Filmreifer Empfang für das Königspaar **

** dpp: King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima visit Germany day 1 **

** zimbio: King Willem-Alexander And Queen Maxima Of The Netherlands Visit Lower-Saxony **

** stuttgarter-zeitung.de gallery: Willem-Alexander und Máxima. Glamouröse Kurzvisite in Oldenburg **

Last edited:
They have been in my city and I didn't even notice. :eek: I even took a stroll with my little son where we passed the university this morning and I didn't notice anything. How's that possible? There must have been some security or cars or anything else visible. I mean, I wasn't on a backstreet but on the mainstreet that passes through the university buildings. Big, big mystery. And so sad. I would have loved to see them in person. They look great on the pictures. :flowers:

Well, I suppose that when they are incide there will only be a few cars parked on the pavement and that is it. But indeed, that sounded like a good opportunity to see them for real.

I can't find the programme of the visit on the wesite of the RF. I wonder if there is an evening event.

The Queen looks great, which is usually the case when she goes abroad.

Thanks for the article & agenda KitKat.

Schloss Moyland seems like an interesting place; Frederick the Great met Voltaire here on their first meeting and later it belonged to the Dutch noble family of Steengracht van Moyland.

Moyland Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

27-05-2014 Munster Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander visit the Westfalischen Wilhelms Universitat, Zentrum für Niederlande-Studien, in Munster, Germany.

PPE agency gallery

Will their be a reception today? Is there a programme out for the second day?

It's always a pity when it's raining and there are out door events but let's hope all events today are indoors.

:previous:

The programme can be found on the official website:

** Koning en Koningin bezoeken Nedersaksen en Noordrijn-Westfalen (2) ** translation **

After the visit in Münster, they'll visit the Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics in Dortmund, they'll attend meetings in Essen and in Kleve, but as far as I can see there won't be any dinner/reception like the one yesterday evening.

** anp gallery day 2 ** ppe gallery Dortmund ** ppe gallery Essen **

** derwesten.de: Maxima und Willem in Essen **

** rp-online.de: Willem-Alexander und Maxima auf Tour durch NRW **

** dpp gallery: King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima visit Germany day 2 **

** zimbio/gettyimages: King Willem-Alexander And Queen Maxima Of The Netherlands Visit North Rhine-Westphalia **

Last edited:
In Münster the nutjob who threw a candle light holder to the golden carriage a few years ago (Erwin L.) was caught and arrested. He was carrying a sign this time with the text: 'Niederlande ist ein Bilderberg Rothschilds Bankster monarchie'. He seems mentally unstable and was recently also arrested for harrassing & threatening a his brother and a former house mate. In April he made a scene at a court trial for former Justice PG Joris Demmink, who is accused of pedophelia. There is no evidence whatsoever but these 'the-world-is-one-big-Bilderberg-conspiracy' people are obsessed by the case. L. also went to the police to file a complaint about the royal family as he claims they are guilty of high treason.

Due to his mental unstability L. was in an institute for 1 1/2 years after throwing the candle. It was a favourite topic for the caviar left as they found it out of proportion. But considering his mental state I am not sure if society can afford the risk to have such people out on the loose. Apeldoorn showed what a risk deranged people can be.

Elsevier.nl - Waxinelichtgooier Erwin L. opgepakt in Duitsland

The king talked about the importance of learning the German language:

Koning onderschrijft belang Duits voor jeugd - Vorsten

Learning German used to be obligatory but lately secundary school students are free in their choice and often prefer more 'sexy' languages like Spanish as they all dream of doing a gap year in South America. Let's hope that the kings daughters will receive proper German language classes too.

Last edited:
The king talked about the importance of learning the German language:

Koning onderschrijft belang Duits voor jeugd - Vorsten

Learning German used to be obligatory but lately secundary school students are free in their choice and often prefer more 'sexy' languages like Spanish as they all dream of doing a gap year in South America. Let's hope that the kings daughters will receive proper German language classes too.

Marengo-As a Dutch speaker is it fairly easy to understand German?

:previous:

I'm always amazed how many Dutch people can speak German and how well they do it. The two languages do have a lot of similarities - me, as a German speaker, I also find it easy to understand Dutch, but I wouldn't be able to speak Dutch myself...:)

** pm gallery: Maxima, reine du sourire en Allemagne **

It is relatively easy to understand what people say or to read a German text. But to speak it and esp. to write it takes some training. Especially as German has a lot of nouns which is difficult for non-native German speakers.

-
It is possible that the royal couple will visit Germany each year for one these working visits, not a bad idea IMO.

Dutch Working Visit to Germany: March 19-20, 2015

RoyalBlog NL @royalblognl Koningspaar opnieuw naar Duitsland: Sleeswijk-Holstein en Hamburg in maart, meteen na Deens staatsbezoek http://bit.ly/1I4vfjj

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima, accompanied by Lilianne Ploumen Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, will be in the German States of Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg for a working visit.

Program for the Visit

March 19
Lübeck
-Welcoming in the market square by the Minister-President of Lübeck, Torsten Albig.
-Meeting with the Minister-President at the town hall.
-Visit to Dräger Medical, a company who produces high-quality medical equipment for hospitals. Talks about 'smart care' (issues such as ageing, digitisation and rising healthcare costs) will be held to see if Dutch-German partnerships can provide benefits.
-During the visit to Dräger Medical, the King and Queen will also visit their test laboratories.

Trenthorst
-Visit to the Thünen Institut of Ecological Farming, accompanied by the German Minister of Agriculture Christian Schmidt. The King and Queen will learn about the institute's practical research into animal husbandry, modern barn equipment and healthy feed for dairy cattle. They will also discuss how the competitiveness of the organic sector can be strengthened.

Hamburg
-Meeting with the Mayor of Hamburg, Olaf Scholz, at the town hall.
-Attendance at the end of a seminar on offshore wind energy attended by Dutch, German and Danish partners. The King and Queen will be briefed on the findings, receive presentations of models and practices by the three countries and the King will deliver a speech.

March 20
Hamburg
-Attendance at a meeting of Dutch and German businessmen to discuss the possibility of liquified natural gas (LNG) use in the maritime industry.
-Tour of the LNG Power Barge, which converts LNG to electricity.
-Visit to the Joop van den Ende Academy, which uses innovation in their stage equipment. The King and Queen will be given presentations on the latest developments to be used behind the scenes (ie. lighting and scenography). They will also visit dance and singing classes at the academy.
-Visit to an interactive workshop on intelligent urban mobility. Viewing of the "Project Hamburg in 2030" presentation which shows the city in the future through with the concept of most sustainable measures.
-Lunch at the Hamburg Town Hall with the Mayor of Hamburg.

Press Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom