Dutch Summer Photo Sessions: 2013-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good that the King stepped in as i find it rather rude to try to get more out of her than she want's to say about her love life.
Also nice that she is in regular contact with Elisabeth and Ingrid Alexandra. Now they should to get know Leonor so she can be included in that group.

In general I do agree with Jeroen Snel, their answers are generic and a bit evasive. It gets boring. Had she said, for example, "I am testing the waters and hang out with a few people," that would be a little more forthcoming.

I realize it's a very thin line, but they use the private life so no answer or a generic answer label too much.
It's the reason I never expect much from those "Q&A" sessions.

Some other tidbits from the chat with the press:

Amalia mentioned that she and Ingrid-Alexandra and Elisabeth are in an app-group together.

Jeroen Snel -who became more blunt/rude in his questioning since he is hanging out at RTL boulevard - asked about the love life of the princess. Amalia said that she felt loved by many people in her surroundings but that it was perhaps not the answer Snel was looking for. She added that for now she wanted to keep things to her self.

Snel replied rather impolitely that she seemed to have rehearsed that answer and pressed on. The King -fortunately- intervened. he emphasized that his daugther is only 18 y/o and starting university. And that, when in the future a marriage is planned, the press will be notified.

--

The pictures on the staircase were an idea/request of the photographers, as they were not able to take a lot of different shots in the palace.

If Wim Dehandschutter's written out version is correct she did not explicitly say that they are in an app-group together but she did say that they are in touch via Whatsapp (which could very well be both one-on-one contact as well as an app-group. They talk about things that are 'different for them than others' - as they are in the same position, they immediately understand each other and don't need to explain. In that vein, they discuss topics such as privacy, friendship and (the use of) social media.

In general I do agree with Jeroen Snel, their answers are generic and a bit evasive. It gets boring. Had she said, for example, "I am testing the waters and hang out with a few people," that would be a little more forthcoming.

I realize it's a very thin line, but they use the private life so no answer or a generic answer label too much.
It's the reason I never expect much from those "Q&A" sessions.

I didn't consider her answers boring. Amalia was rather specific in several questions (and of course politically correct - as that is what she is expected to do). This specific question she even herself stated that she understood that this was not the answer Jeroen Snel was looking for and when he pressed on, she answered that she preferred to keep that private for now but that when at some point in the future it is serious 'he will be the first to know'. Upon which he pressed on one more time, stating that in that case, currently 'nothing serious' is going on. At that point, Amalia looked up to her father for help (as she clearly didn't want to answer and was put in a rather awkward position of either confirming she was in a serious relationship or negating that, which would be a blow to her current boyfriend). Willem-Alexander saved her by stating that she is currently about to start her studies and will focus on that but that when at one point a relationship is heading towards marriage they will be informed but they won't be the first nor the second to know :D

The photo session was supposed to take place at the beach. In 2009 they also had one on a pretty windy beach: always nice to go back in time!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom