The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 07-25-2019, 06:55 PM
theroyalfly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: N/A, Australia
Posts: 1,422
Oh this is lovely.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 07-26-2019, 01:31 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 21,759
The ring that the queen was wearing during this photo session received some attention in the press. A few weeks ago the Queen visited the town of Culemborg. A member of the public bought the ring as a present for the queen and handed it over to an aide. Quite to her surprise a few weeks later the queen wore that very same ring during this photo session.

The ring is of a Dutch label called IXXXI and has the colors of the Dutch flag.

https://www.ad.nl/utrecht/maxima-dra...t-ik~aa22734b/
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 07-26-2019, 01:57 AM
theroyalfly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: N/A, Australia
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The ring that the queen was wearing during this photo session received some attention in the press. A few weeks ago the Queen visited the town of Culemborg. A member of the public bought the ring as a present for the queen and handed it over to an aide. Quite to her surprise a few weeks later the queen wore that very same ring during this photo session.

The ring is of a Dutch label called IXXXI and has the colors of the Dutch flag.

https://www.ad.nl/utrecht/maxima-dra...t-ik~aa22734b/
The ring is so sweet and the Queen's gesture is the sweetest too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 07-16-2020, 02:30 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 53,825
July 17, 2020

This year's summer photo session will take place tomorrow, July, 17 at the garden of Huis ten Bosch Palace.



** rtlboulevard.nl: Zomerfotosessie van de Oranjes: het nieuwe normaal **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 07-16-2020, 03:23 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 324
Is it wise to group so many photographers together? I hope all the photographers will be wearing face masks.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 07-16-2020, 03:46 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 53,825


It's been decided to group the media folks to avoid a crush of people: For the family photos the photographers are allowed to stand in the first row, the cameramen/women are asked to stand behind them and the reporters will stand in the final row.

For the traditional interview with the King and Queen afterwards a single camera has been chosen and the reporters can pose their question(s) in a row.
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 07-17-2020, 04:00 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,800
The summer photo session today of the Royal Family

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdHPcL7W...jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdHPBvJX...jpg&name=large

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=6015057
https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/10714371

Short Videos

https://twitter.com/i/status/1284036195073368064
https://twitter.com/i/status/1284035300759678979
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe!
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 07-17-2020, 04:13 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,546
Nice photo of dad and daughter.

Surely the photographers brought tele-lenses with them? Otherwise we will have to contend ourselves with satellite-photos this year.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 07-17-2020, 07:33 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 4,521
Marvellous family ! Beautiful pix !
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 07-17-2020, 08:30 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,352
I'm normally a fan of the Dutch summer photos but I just don't like this years session.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 07-17-2020, 09:12 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,546
Yes, good photos. Charming family.

It's funny how the facial features of the siblings are so different. You'd be forgiven for thinking they are not related.
Usually I'd say out of three siblings at least two will look very much alike, but here all three look different from each other.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 07-17-2020, 09:23 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 21,759
I was thinking the same Muhler, the three sisters don't resemble each other much - if at all. The same could be said about their paternal grandmother & sisters.

The garden looks lovely and nice that the family coordinated the colours they used.

Rick Evers reported the following on twitter:

Apparently the government airplane with the RF has left Schiphol airport just a few hours after the photo session, so the family has started their vacation.

The King said that Pss Amalia may take a gap year after she is done with her secundary school. Becasue she skipped a year when she was little she may use it than.

About the tiktok videos the Queen understandably said that the girls have to learn how to deal with social media themselves. She added that the princesses themselves also feel embarrassed by it.

The queen said that her mother Carmen was in The Hague while the king and queen were in Indonesia, to take care of the princesses. After that Mrs. Zorreguieta was forced to go in lockdown with the family. The Queen added that it was valuable time together and her mother was unsure how she would have coped being in lockdown on her own in Buenos Aires.

The King said that the restoration Golden Carriage is going well. The carriage will be restored how it was (with colonial depictions on it). Afterwards we will see what will happen.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 07-17-2020, 09:43 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,212
lovely pictures as usual.
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 07-17-2020, 09:45 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Yes, good photos. Charming family.

It's funny how the facial features of the siblings are so different. You'd be forgiven for thinking they are not related.
Usually I'd say out of three siblings at least two will look very much alike, but here all three look different from each other.
I do agree with you Muhler

I think it's because Amalia takes after Beatrix, Alexia is a Maxima mini me, and Ariane looks so much like her father (look at the smile, she is WA mini me).

I also think that Frederik and Mary's children look very different from each other. The same with Leonor and Sofia of Spain. Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus are another example of totally different-looking siblings.

I think from all the royal houses, Estelle and Oscar are the siblings who resemble each other the most (they looked like twins as babies). I think Elisabeth and Emmanuel (and perhaps Eleonore too) look like siblings too.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 07-17-2020, 10:11 AM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: maidstone, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,118
Lovely photos, and I agree with the rest, they look o different one from the other , Alexa has the model looks, with that sophisticate face and charm, Ariana is incredible cute and I love her dress, Amalia has a beautiful face and hair, I do not like her choice of clothing I do not think favour her in anyway. They look a beautiful family
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 07-17-2020, 12:39 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,546
The family gets more charming now that we see the videos.

It delights me to see that King WA lives up to his obligations: Act goofy, embarrassing his teenage daughter a little.
(That's required by all dads. Says so on page 4 in Guidebooks for Dads.)

Here are a couple of portraits from BB:
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0

The best photos are those where the rest of the family is standing to the side not posing.
Perhaps a dog could break the stiffness?
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 07-18-2020, 05:57 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,998
Great photos; it's clear that the family are very close to one another. I agree that Alexia looks more like Maxima whilst Amalia looks like WA; and Ariane looks like a mixture of the two - but with more features from WA's side of the family, IMO. Amalia is very tall - she seems to be the same height as WA.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 07-23-2020, 04:46 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 7,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I was thinking the same Muhler, the three sisters don't resemble each other much - if at all. The same could be said about their paternal grandmother & sisters.

The garden looks lovely and nice that the family coordinated the colours they used.

Rick Evers reported the following on twitter:

Apparently the government airplane with the RF has left Schiphol airport just a few hours after the photo session, so the family has started their vacation.

The King said that Pss Amalia may take a gap year after she is done with her secundary school. Becasue she skipped a year when she was little she may use it than.

About the tiktok videos the Queen understandably said that the girls have to learn how to deal with social media themselves. She added that the princesses themselves also feel embarrassed by it.

The queen said that her mother Carmen was in The Hague while the king and queen were in Indonesia, to take care of the princesses. After that Mrs. Zorreguieta was forced to go in lockdown with the family. The Queen added that it was valuable time together and her mother was unsure how she would have coped being in lockdown on her own in Buenos Aires.

The King said that the restoration Golden Carriage is going well. The carriage will be restored how it was (with colonial depictions on it). Afterwards we will see what will happen.
HM added we are not going to rewrite history now...And I fully support him in that too..We don t do hypes in our day and age...Mine that is...
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
king willem-alexander, photo session, photo shoot, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, queen maxima


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lech Holidays and Photo Sessions: 2014-2020 Marengo Dutch Royals 144 02-29-2020 10:58 AM
A Swedish Royal Christmas (Traditions, Christmas Cards, Photo Sessions) Josefine Royal House of Sweden 265 01-25-2020 04:10 PM
Summer photo sessions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013 Mandy Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 192 09-24-2013 12:23 PM
Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013 misshelen Dutch Royals 596 02-23-2013 10:14 AM
Dutch Summer Photo Sessions (2005-2012) The Watcher King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 551 07-10-2012 07:02 AM




Popular Tags
abdication american history anastasia 2020 bangladesh belgian royal family bridal gown canada castles chittagong clarence house coronavirus countess of snowdon danish history dna dutch dutch history dutch royal family edo facts family tree fantasy movie future genealogy habsburg henry v hill historical drama house of bourbon house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha imperial household japan jewelry jumma kent languages list of rulers lithuanian castles mail maxima mbs nepal nepalese royal family netherlands nobel 2019 northern ireland norway norway history palaces palestine prince daniel random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown settings shakespeare spain stuart swedish royal family swedish royalty thai royal family tips tracts united kingdom visit from sweden von hofmannsthal working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×