Dutch Summer Photo Sessions (2005-2012)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I understand that of course this is part of their job, but I felt they were in pain by having to parade their kids in front of the cameras and keep those smiles on their faces. After watching the video, I think you can see the sincerity of W-A and M, but I think they really felt bad having to put their kids through it. The baby has a lot of personality like Amalia, but Alexia just looked so overwhelmed by it.

No,the kids were OK parading.They were not really prepared in advance,according to Alexander it was:"Do you remember that photo thing last year?"Yes daddy."OK,there's another one today,so smile....especially when there's a photographer around` ...and they did.Don´t fuss if there´s no need too is the motto.

About clothes and personality,their individual personalities shine absolutely right through their simular dresses.

I don't know if this link was posted before (didn't find it after a quick search here) but the Reformatorisch Dagblad has a clip of the session too, look here.

--

I agree with pupo and bettina that it must be intimidating for the girls to get a battary of camera's, esp. now they are getting older. Still, I don't think there is any other way the media can be satisfied. If they only allow 1 or 2 photographers there would probably be many people who will start breaking the mdia code. And in Argentina we saw how intimidating that can be... And the girls are princesses of course, so to let them get familiar with these things might be considered part of their upbringing.

-
About the dresses: they only dress alike at photosessions, and not even all of them (Lech), and on the very few other official occasssions they have. So 99% of the year they dress differently, which is sufficient enough to me.

I don't know if this link was posted before (didn't find it after a quick search here) but the Reformatorisch Dagblad has a clip of the session too, look here.

--

I agree with pupo and bettina that it must be intimidating for the girls to get a battary of camera's, esp. now they are getting older. Still, I don't think there is any other way the media can be satisfied. If they only allow 1 or 2 photographers there would probably be many people who will start breaking the mdia code. And in Argentina we saw how intimidating that can be... And the girls are princesses of course, so to let them get familiar with these things might be considered part of their upbringing.

-
About the dresses: they only dress alike at photosessions, and not even all of them (Lech), and on the very few other official occasssions they have. So 99% of the year they dress differently, which is sufficient enough to me.

Oh love that link!!Thank you!:flowers:

They probably do the same as the US schools - check all kids and then just send home the infested children.

My students and I knew that we could expect a lice check at least a few times during the year. If another child at the same grade level was found to have lice, then the health assistant would come armed with long swabs and then run them through everyone's hair. Those who had been infected were sent home. Everyone left school that day with a letter explaining what to do if you are infected. It would cover how to treat your hair and scalp and what items in your home to clean.

I can't believe how much Amalia looks like her father.
I can't believe what a character little Alexia has turned out to be! Her older sister must be rubbing off on her!
And little Ariane is a cutie. She looks exactly like both her older sisters.

As for Maxima, love the colors on her blouse, but the blouse itself was hideous.:yuk:
And the Prince, EEH GADS!!! What is his problem with all those nasty colors in his wardrobe? Mustard yellow, orange, red pants...go figure. This guys just has plain bad taste.:eek::sick:

Let me clarify--I agree the kids probably don't even know what's quite up yet--and it was smart for W-A to not make a big thing about it. I think it was upsetting to W-A and M that their kids have to do this; they don't really have a choice.

I wish they would put some modern clothes on those 3 girls. Everytime they do a fotoshoot they wear dresses that were out of fashion even when my mother was young...............

I wish they would put some modern clothes on those 3 girls. Everytime they do a fotoshoot they wear dresses that were out of fashion even when my mother was young...............

I, for one, I like children dressed like children and not like they were young teens. I absolutely hate to see girls dressed like grown up.

These that they are wearing are classic dresses, with no ages. I used to wear those when a little girl. Of course, not always but when I must go to church, birthday parties, etc...Don't forget that these are FORMAL, official pics.

However, there is a think I don't really like about those dresses: the colour. It's too pale and this faded green to blonde girls is not very stylish. They should be great in blue, light-blue, red or even dark green. I remember when Maxima dressed her first two girls in yellow..I always tought it was not gracious, for a blonde hair with yellow dresses is almot to not to be noticed. I remember that Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia looked as two little chickens dressed in yellow....:D

Vanesa.

I, for one, I like children dressed like children and not like they were young teens. I absolutely hate to see girls dressed like grown up.

These that they are wearing are classic dresses, with no ages. I used to wear those when a little girl. Of course, not always but when I must go to church, birthday parties, etc...Don't forget that these are FORMAL, official pics.

However, there is a think I don't really like about those dresses: the colour. It's too pale and this faded green to blonde girls is not very stylish. They should be great in blue, light-blue, red or even dark green. I remember when Maxima dressed her first two girls in yellow..I always tought it was not gracious, for a blonde hair with yellow dresses is almot to not to be noticed. I remember that Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia looked as two little chickens dressed in yellow....:D

Vanesa.

I always thought it accentuated the innocence of the children,these pale colours.

I still would rather see them in jeans and t-shirts on those occasions. Playing football in those dresses looks quite stupid imo.

I still would rather see them in jeans and t-shirts on those occasions. Playing football in those dresses looks quite stupid imo.

Your sense of fashion does not have to agree with that of others,ofcourse.:)

one can hardly dress a kid for all the activities he or she may want to do in the day. since it was an 'official, formal' event in summer, i must say the choice of wearing dresses (which in my opinion looks adorable, i always liked seeing a little girl in a cute dress) seems appropriate to me. when they go to lech, we see the girls in sports clothes, as it should be. if the girls decide to play football in the middle of the photoshoot, does that mean maxima needs to come back home and dress them appropriately? that, i find stupid. i think they dress their children accordingly for each ocassion.

Lovely video ! Ariane looks very much like Alexia (my favourite) they are extremely cute !

great photos and video! wow Amalia has such a long hair now!!! very pretty! and a lot of wind!!!!!! beautifull photos and family , girls so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Amalia is getting so grown up.:) she looking like her mother now. :angel:

:previous:
They are such beautiful children, the setting for those pictures is perfect. Thank you everyone for the links. :flowers:

Those girls are just adorable! Thanks so much for the videos. Very cute!

They are so nice and free!! Lokatin is very nice, beautiful pictures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom