Dutch Summer Photo Sessions (2005-2012)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be still my beating heart. Those girls are adorable. I don't mind the identical dresses, they look cute in them and it is a photoshoot, not just any other day.

But apart from that, it is great to see the family again. They look very happy. I only wonder where Maxima gets the girly dresses since I don't know any shop that sells such outdated stuff.
What is outdated about the dresses. Any upscale childrens store will carry dresses just like these - they are by the way absolutely adorable.

Oh absolutely right!The "better" stores carry them,love 'm,they're timeless.

Well, may the Dutch posters correct me if I am wrong...but girls DO cycle in high heels in NL. It's awesome! I can't do it, but they do... :flowers:

Yes ofcourse they do,and they can,mostly with a shopping bag in one hand and a kid on the backseat too,no problem.Try!:rolleyes:
Our girls are a very pragmatic and none too over-protective lot.Quiet right.
:flowers:

Thanks for the beautiful photos. Maxima looks fantastic, really happy and glowing.

Awww, I love this picture of Ariane! :wub: Am I the only one who dislikes these dresses Máxima puts the girls in??

I like them especially the color in this set. I've always liked these traditional looking dresses, but I know that my daughter would only like them for a few years. She's eight now and we're coming to a time when she'd like more updated clothing.

All three young Orange sisters are so cute.

Isn't it the first time when Alexia doesn't cry during photosession?

That's almost normal that parents (mothers) dress their children in similar clothes.
My mum do that for some time to me and my sister hen we're small.

Last edited:
I suppose the session was not at villa Eikenhorst but at the teahouse on the estate 'De Horsten' too, which is public.

A picture here.

The teahouse is so pretty. It looks like something out of a fairy tale.

The little girls are just adorable. They all have such lovely smiles.

Even here in Brasil, many well-to-do families dress their girls like Maxima´s three A`s. They look lovely, like little girls should, not so like mini adults.:flowers:

The girls are growing up fast and wonderfully! They are really, but really three little beauties. I think that Princess Ariane could be a great lady when more grown up, but I'm sure that Princess Alexia is growing more and more beatiful and sweet every day. Of course, Princess Catharina Amalia is the little clown of the family: she is always laughing and smiling. Her eyes are little stars shinning.

Vanesa.:wub::wub::flowers:

I just love this family! The three girls are absolutely precious. They've all grown up since the photoshoot in February, especially Ariane; she's looking less like a baby and more like a little girl, especially when she's standing up. Amalia is all-smiles-and-happiness as always; she must be a little ray of sunshine to everyone who meets her. She seems to be quite a football (soccer) fan- I noticed that at this photoshoot and the one at Christmas. Alexia is so cute, and I loved it when she was making those faces. Seems to be quite funny! She looks just like her mother, and I thought when she was playing for the camera, that I saw something of Maxima in her as well. Ariane is adorable, and I can't tell exactly her personality or who she looks like yet.

The teahouse is so pretty. It looks like something out of a fairy tale.

The little girls are just adorable. They all have such lovely smiles.

The tea house is absolutely lovely,it actually is in the public part of the domain so for all to enjoy while walking or cycling.

i thought the photosession was at their home! the girls looks beautiful, i like she dress them the same, just too many wrinkes, preobably they were having ttooo much fun!!!!! they are so fun to wathcintheir photos
thank you to all who post the photos

I actually love the dresses and the color. I'm hoping that the DRF and the SRF will have a summer vacation together with all the children gathered for the photoshoot.

Are there any videos of the photoshoot? I saw W-A and Maxima's interview. But ones of the photoshoot itself.

They are too sweet Alexia is too cute for words!

How very boring they dress those lovely girls in such old fashioned dresses. And all 3 the same, like they are not individual characters with their own personality. Each his own, but I would never do this to my kids.

How very boring they dress those lovely girls in such old fashioned dresses. And all 3 the same, like they are not individual characters with their own personality. Each his own, but I would never do this to my kids.

I don't think they dress the girls like this all of the time. I saw pictures of them in Spain, and the girls were dressed different and very modern. I think that this is just for photoshoots.

Edit: Was W-A speaking German at one point in the beginning of the interview? About 2:40. It sounded differnet than Dutch.

Great video. This is the first time I have heard Maxima's voice. I do not speak Dutch, but it sounds like they were speaking about the children and their new vacation home in Africa. Does anyone know what they were discussing?

You have heard it right: they were telling about the children (school) and Maxima here part at school (reading mother and luizen mother); the girls are doing well. Their house in Mozambique, this vacation wich start in Italy; the finance of the royal house (is a discussion in Holland). They are not planning to go to Argentina becourse the last time (4 weeks ago) the press was to bad and the girls are afraid of the press. :flowers:

Sorry to ask, but I read the thing about the "lice mother". Why don't they just send the children home to stop further contamination?

I also noticed that Ariane had her hand in her mouth a lot; she's probably teething. Also, she seems to have mastered the art of "hand waving", as she did it often. She's really adorable.

Last edited:
You have heard it right: they were telling about the children (school) and Maxima here part at school (reading mother and luizen mother); the girls are doing well. Their house in Mozambique, this vacation wich start in Italy; the finance of the royal house (is a discussion in Holland). They are not planning to go to Argentina becourse the last time (4 weeks ago) the press was to bad and the girls are afraid of the press. :flowers:

Thank you Amber26! It sounded like a very pleasant conversation, and I am grateful to you for the explanation. It is sad that the girls are afraid of the Argentinian press. Maybe the press will get the hint and the family will be able to have a peaceful visit to Maxima's native country sometime in the future.

Sorry to ask, but I read the thing about the "lice mother". Why don't they just send the children home to stop further contamination?

I also noticed that Ariane had her hand in her mouth a lot; she's probably teething. Also, she seems to have mastered the art of "hand waving", as she did it often. She's really adorable.
They probably do the same as the US schools - check all kids and then just send home the infested children.

Wow. I understand that of course this is part of their job, but I felt they were in pain by having to parade their kids in front of the cameras and keep those smiles on their faces. After watching the video, I think you can see the sincerity of W-A and M, but I think they really felt bad having to put their kids through it. The baby has a lot of personality like Amalia, but Alexia just looked so overwhelmed by it.

Before they send any children home en masse,you got to check for lice,and that is were Máxima comes in,along with other moms,she checks regularly.Not that there's an epidemic at hand...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom