Dutch Summer Photo Sessions (2005-2012)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Máxima starts in September again.. so we'll have to wait a month!

Not even amateur photos?

i found an article in HOLA magazine about this photoshoot and translated the quotes of the prince and princess on their job and their family. here they are:

"We are lately very worried because we have been travelling a lot and now we want to spend more time with Amalia and Alexia"

"They (Amalia and Alexia) are both very keen to go to the swimming pool, they are like two "water animals", you can always find them in the swimming pool"
Maxima: "Amalia has a really good memory - that's very Orange! She loves singing and dancing, she took that after me. Her favourite game is playing to be a cook"

Maxima, asked about her new role at the UN and if she feels happy about it: "Yes, of course. It also means more responsibility and you need to find equilibrium between your job and your family, but that happens to every single business woman"

"We obviously miss them when we go abroad for example when we went to Thailand and Mongolia, but it needs to be done."

Dutch Photo Session at Wassenaar: July 11, 2008

The 2008 Summer photosession will take place next friday(11) at Villa Eikenhorst.

oh ! wonderfule ! thanks; dear princess
i adore maxima 's family they are a super family !!!
i enjoy see the tree beautiful princess AMALIA ? ALEXIA. ARIANE

I love the summer, we get to see such beautiful pictures of all the children. Can't wait to see Princess Ariane, she probably changed so much

Why not in Tavernelle? Won't they go to Italy this summer?

Yes they will,ao,but from this weekend onwards.AO,because TRH will be in Beijing/Peking from early august onwards.The Prince being a member of the International Olympic Committee will attend meetings there from august 5 till 7th.Alexander and Máxima will attend the opening of the 2008 Olympic Games and stay "in the area till august 17th in both Beijing and Hong Kong (HK being the venue for all equestrian activities.TRH will meet with many of their friends ,among who will be Frederik,Felipe and Letizia,Haakon etc etc...the fun bunch.Alexander,and Haakon,will be back in Beijing on august 24th for the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games.

Enjoy the summer,all of you!!

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing the photos. Their summer photos are always so cute.

what lovely pictures! The girls are lovely! Ariane has grown so much and is a very cute baby!

I suppose the session was not at villa Eikenhorst but at the teahouse on the estate 'De Horsten' too, which is public.

A picture here.

I suppose the session was not at villa Eikenhorst but at the teahouse on the estate 'De Horsten' too, which is public.

A picture here.

Marengo "De Horsten" is at "villa Eikenhorts". Or is a town?

Awww, I love this picture of Ariane! :wub: Am I the only one who dislikes these dresses Máxima puts the girls in??

De Horsten is an estate in Wassenaar owned by the RF (I believe by Queen Beatrix and Princess Margriet at the moment. The estate was a 'merger' between 3 estates in Wassenaar (Raaphorst, Ter Horst and Eikenhorst) aquired by Prince Frederik, son of King Willem I. His daughter Furstin Marie of Wied inhereted the properties but later sold it to Queen Wilhelmina.

Here a map of the estates; most of what was the Eikenhorst estate is private. Note that neighbouring estate 'De Pauw' was also property of Prince Frederik, but it was sold to the city of Wassenaar.

In the 80-ties Princess Christina decided to settle in the Netherlands again and a villa was built on a private part of the estate. The PoO bought the villa later I think, and they made a few adjustments to it.

Most of the parc is open to the public and the private area has a dark fence and moat around it, for security and privacy reasons.

Thanks for the great information. I like to know where every Palace is situated. Thank you.

the pictures are great! the girls are every day lovelier. ariane has grown up so much!

Thanks for the lovely pictures!!!!

Alexia is sooo cute! She's making faces and playing with the photographers...:wub:

what a lovely family :)
the girls are sooooo cute!!!!

Congratulations to Maxima for the dresses they are lovely

Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures. The three little girls are adorable and yes, I do love the way Maxima dresses them.

Awww, I love this picture of Ariane! :wub: Am I the only one who dislikes these dresses Máxima puts the girls in??

No you're not the only one :lol:

I strikes me that most of the crownprincesses dress their children in a quite old fashion way and that especially Maxima and Mathilde dress theirs almost identical. I like al classic dress from time to time, but I don't think that children should always look like dolls.

But Maxima and WA have a wonderfull family and beautiful daughters. I like it that it shows that they have their distinct personality. Very nice pictures.

Last edited:
The girls dresses were really cute but maybe a different color wouldnt harm or even if one was in a dress, other in a cute colorful skirt etc.
Maxima doesnt look bad at all, she is in something really fun perfect for a summer day & to me she seems to have gained a few pounds.

Best pictures so far for me where the bike pictures:D

Lovely, lovely pictures. Many thanks for posting them. They look like a genuinely happy and balanced family. Nothing fake, just natural. If there is one thing I don't like it's dressing the girls alike but the same goes for Letizia or Cristina of Spain. Love Maxima's blouse, the yellow spots suit WA's jacket :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom