Dutch Summer Photo Sessions (2005-2012)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a rought translation of this article from Hola in Spanish, hope you enjoy it.

July 2006. Summer has begun to give his fruits in the royal albums. Princes Guillermo and Maxima of Holland, with its daughters, princess Amalia and Alexia, and queen Beatriz has given the exit shot to the resfreshing and spontaneous royal pictures of the season with the traditional photographic session that, now, offer every year to the Dutch press, on the condition of not being bothered during the rest of their days off.
A small mouthful of which will be the next summer vacations for the Orange family - laughter, games, diversion, leisure, chapuzones in the swimming pool... -, in the incomparable frame of its residence, Rocco dei Dragoni, in Tavernelle, to 20 kilometers of Florence (Italy).

The villa that the wealthy Vicini family gave in 1975 to queen Beatriz so that she spent the summers there with her family, in the last thirty years, has been visiting every summer by the Dutch sovereign, who enjoy during two weeks the landscapes of the Toscana. Of green hills of Chianti, of the valley of Pesa and its vineyards, of the cypresses, geraniums, yedras, azaleas and bougainvilleas that adorn this house of medieval style of 22 dormitories and 5 bathrooms, at the moment official property of the sons of the Queen- princes Guillermo Alexander, Johan Friso and Constantino.

Amalia and Alexia, "las niñas de sus ojos" "the girls of her dreams"

A corner of dream, filled with infinity of anecdotes and close moments for the royal family, to whom all the members of the Dutch Royal Family, without exception, are united intimately. Even, also, the last generation of the Orange, like the small Amalia, that spent its first summer there. The past summer, that happens to be on the birth of princess Alexia and his first weeks of life, de Princes of Orange did not want to reveal the destiny of their vacations, although everybody agree on the fact that they would enjoy some days in company of queen Beatriz in Tavernelle.

But this year they have been faithful to his traditional appointment in the Italian locality: the Heirs have flattered the press with tender and beautiful images, that constitute a small testimony of the happiness of the family, as well as have made some confidences to the journalists reunited there about Amalia and Alexia, the girls of their dreams.

The mass media did not want to fail to take advantage of the opportunity the Princes offered and pestered with questions with the pair: Which is the favorite toy of Amalia; to who does she looks like; how do they feel having to leave the children at home when they travel abroad; will the small ones also go to Australia and Nueva Zelanda? While the Queen take care of its granddaughters, the Princes answers the questions of the press.

As it has been seen first during the photographic session, in which the Heirs and queen Beatriz have not stopped to overwhelm with affections the small ones, and later they have confirmed with his own words, their top priority is their daughters. So the pair is enchanted of being able to spend more time with the children on a relaxed form. "Lately we'v been very occupied and we traveled much around the world, so what we want now is to pay more attention to Amalia and Alexia", says Maxima.

"They are like two water rats"

Amalia and Alexia, both dressed for the occasion in yellow Vichy suits, have filled of laughter, stews and "Palms, palmitas" the summer residence. Although they are still small to play together, both "are as two water rats and can be found almost always in the swimming pool". Amalia, first-born, that people says has a resemblance to the Queen, has begun to develop her own character, but when it is asked the parents to whom she looks like is no consensus: "She has an elephant memory and that is completely Orange", the Prince exclaims spontaneously. "But also she love to dance and to sing, and that's inherited from me", adds the Princess. "Although the true passion of Amalia - confesses Maxima is to play the cocinitas (little kitchen)".

The girls will not go with the Princes to the South hemisphere. As it happens with the working parents, Guillermo and Maxima try to maintain the balance between the work and the family. "Is clear that we missed them a lot when we must make long trips, like the last ones to Mongolia and Thailand, but it is necessary to do it". As far as if the Princess is happy with her new role in the United Nations, she answers without reserves: "Yes. Is clear that it means more responsibility and it is necessary to find a balance between your work and your family, but the same happens to all working women", relativizes.

Source: Hola en Español.

fee said:
Wonderfully said and I couldn't agree more.
wow I didn't expect anyone here to agree with me on this one! ;)
fee said:
It certainly is a fine line they are walking. [..]the minute we stop caring about royals, the monarchy would probably stop existing.
I agree very much but it has to be said that the paparazzi these days really don't seem to have any regard for boundaries, and there are some very real dangers that come with the fact they're continually overstepping these boundaries, as the tragic demise of princess Diana demonstrates: in my view the paparazzi (and therefore us, the public?) were responsible for that car accident. If that's Alexander's main concern, he definitely has a huge point.
Unfortunately there is another side to this coin indeed, as you point out very well:
fee said:
It is too much to ask that they could live their luxurious lifestyle unbothered from the public yet funded by them and whenever their mood strikes them they show up and get all admiration.
Recently the couple's put in more work mileage, it has to be said, but in the first two years of their marriage, this princely couple certainly gave the impression they'd like to have their cake and eat it too, and Alexander's complaints at the time struck me as disingenious to the point where if I'd had the opportunity, I'd have sat him down to tell him, "dude, accept you're living in a fish bowl, stop whining and suck it up already, your fate is not so bad compared to the rest of us!"

And his claim now in Tavernelle that his most recent vacation was the first in years where he's felt not spied on thanks to this 'media code' he's installed, I'd say, what an idiot! I'd bet you Alexander's and Maxima's ample salaries combined that he could hoof it over to, say, Northern California for a paparazzi-less vacation, and no one here would either know who he is or give a fig altogether.
He could rent a little van for him and his family and schlep a bodyguard around to warn them on the odd bear or wolf if they'd choose to go camping in one of the gorgeous wilderness areas here in the Sierras for example. The paparazzi wouldn't have to know at all, let alone follow them.
Or, closer to Europe, they could easily charter a plane and go to, say, Finland for a vacation. No one there would care who he is either, and paparazzi wouldn't necessarily follow him there either, I mean, come on.

fee said:
On a more superficial note, am I the only one who thinks that Maximas blonde mane looks too artificial? She seems again in dire need of a root touch up, maybe she should go back to a more natural colour.
I think Maxima probably takes care of her own mane during her holidays, good for her. I for one don't mind her hair, but I can also see her with a bob, and as a brunette, too for example.

Wow, great pictures! Thanks for all that info!

What a happy family and the girls are just adorable in their dresses!

thank you so much for posting that link.

I am so glad to see the whole interview is online. I had only seen snippets of it in different media outlets.

its so nice to be able to hear it all 'uncut.'

I love the part where Maxima says Amalia likes to play with her little kitchen set. that is so cute!

Amalia is turning into a cute little girl.

Fotovantellingen has some pictures too and provides a slightly different perspective. (fotovantellingen.nl)

It seems as if they have a soft spot for the royal dog too. (fotovantellingen)

Thank you all sooo much for all these pictures. They're priceless. Amalia and Alexia are absolutely beautiful!

http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=98762_18_559lo.jpg
This is the Queen's dog, right? :D

I love this pics:
http://img157.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=98411_4_405lo.jpg
http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=98416_4a_402lo.jpg

Little Catharina-Amalia is SOOOO cute!!
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=98506_8_589lo.jpg

Look how sweet Catharina-Amalia is caressing granny's hand, like she had hurt herself and she is consolling her with her tinny and chubby hand, as mtbcm said:
http://img149.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=98621_12_383lo.jpg
And then her grandma is saying she didn't hurt her... :D ;)
http://img148.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=98512_11_355lo.jpg

P.S. Thanks for posting :)

Last edited:
Beautiful photos, thankyou to everyone for posting them.

Thank you johann, the pictures are so beautiful,
the family looks so confortable, that's nice :)

Very pretty the photos of the family, I have liked the photo of the dog :D :D

I love the girls' sundresses! But I think Maxima could have dressed more summer-y herself.

It is beautiful all photos on royal family with queen Beatrix. She is grandmother to two grandchildren.!!! Queen Beatrix is love with grandchildren and she is widow after prince Claus. Queen Beatrix is love all royal family!!!!

:) Wonderful pictures and the interview was great, although I didn't understand much of it, but at least I heard them speaking! :D

anna_tan said:
I think queen beatrix has more than 2 grandchildren.

Queen Beatrix has 7 grandchildren: Amalia, Alexia, Eloise, C-C, Leonore, Luana and Zaria

Olka said:
:) Wonderful pictures and the interview was great, although I didn't understand much of it, but at least I heard them speaking! :D
What interview are you talking about? :eek: :confused:

...JuAnItA... said:
What interview are you talking about? :eek: :confused:

Check post #123. Although the interview is in dutch.

What a gorgeous family. Queen Beatrix looks very happy and relaxed with W-A's family.:)

The Queen's family:

Her Majesty Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld, Mrs. van Amsberg, etc., etc., etc. (1938)

His Royal Highness Prince Willem-Alexander Claus George Ferdinand, The Prince of Orange, Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (1967)
x
Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima, The Princess of Orange*, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Mrs. van Amsberg née Zorreguieta (1971)
  1. Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria, The Hereditary Princess of Orange*, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (2003)
  2. Her Royal Highness Princess Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (2005)
His Royal Highness Prince Johan Friso Bernhard Christiaan David of Orange-Nassau, Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (1968)
x
Her Royal Highness Princess Mabel Martine of Orange-Nassau, Countess of Orange-Nassau, Mrs. van Amsberg née Wisse Smit (1968)
  1. the highborn lady Emma Luana Ninette Sophie Countess van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg (2005)
  2. the highborn lady Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou Countess van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg (2006)
His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn Christof Frederik Aschwin of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (1969)
x
Her Royal Highness Princess Petra Laurentien of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Mrs. van Amsberg née Brinkhorst (1966)
  1. the highborn lady Eloise Sophie Beatrix Laurence Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg (2002)
  2. the highborn lord Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (2004)
  3. the highborn lady Leonore Marie Irene Enrica Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg (2006)
* = titles are used by tradition: since a new Act in 2002 the Heir(ess) has the exclusively use of the title Prince(ss) of Orange, which is a functional title marking his/her position as the future Sovereign. In official documents Princess Máxima or Princess Catharina-Amalia no longer are referred as The Princess of Orange or as The Hereditary Princess of Orange.

Last edited:
anyone knows when the holiday in tavernelle will end? egoistically speaking i want them back i am missing maxima's smile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom