Dutch Summer Photo Sessions (2005-2012)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 little girls looks so cute Alexia and Amalia looks so cute

HM Queen Beatrix always so great as role of Grandmother of little girls but Alexia will learn walk soon but its cry.

I love the little Dutch princesses. They are adorable with their nice yellow dresses. How sad that Alexia was crying because of all the camera's! I felt guilty because of people like me, who like those pictures, she has to pose... but the photo's are great!!!

Dutch pics from Italie

I like the pics from our queen and her eldest son.
The little princesses are so cute.
It's a good idea to make such photo's.
Thanks for all the posters.

Thank you so much for sharing all such heart-melting and amazing pictures.

Year after year I look forward for these photshoots as much as I am for a Royal Gathering.

It is so nice to see Catharina-Amalia growing so fast and becoming such an attentive and funny little Princess.

From photoshoot to photoshoot she is becoming more aware of reporters work and her paper in it and I think this demonstrates how well her parents are raising her.

And Alexia... well Alexia there aren't enough adjectives for her. She is such an handsome baby. She looks a lot like dad in same age. I like this thumb-sucking picture of her. She always look very comfortable with dad.

But my favourite picture this one. Look how sweet Catharina-Amalia is caressing granny's hand, like she had hurt herself and she is consolling her with her tinny and chubby hand - Just Wonderfulllll!

Princess Maxima seems very elegant now, this new slim figure suits her great.

I wish they have their deserved vacations, soaking on sun, bathing in sea and reading Princess and Dragon's stories to her babies ;).

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Few minutes ago I've watched beautiful Belgian photos from Bokrijk. I thought that I would like to see someday photos of Elisabeth and Amalia together. It would be great:)

What a beautiful family - the girls are sooo cute dressed alike!!

I love the Dutch Royals - they seem genuinely close, and Beatrix seems a warm grandmother.

Wonderful pictures! Catharina Amalia loos so adorable as well as Alexia. It looks like Willem has lost a couple of pounds, he looks great.

I love these pictures, such sweet little girls. I know Alexia just turned one but how old is Amelia?

She is turning 3 on 7 December 2006.. so she is 2 right now..

Attachments

• beatrixtavarnelle.jpg
    beatrixtavarnelle.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 338
  • tavarnelle.jpg
    tavarnelle.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 322
  • maximaamalia-1.jpg
    maximaamalia-1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 308
  • prinsesjes-1.jpg
    prinsesjes-1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 525
maxima88 said:
She is turning 3 on 7 December 2006.. so she is 2 right now..

Actually - today's 7 July so she is 2 years and 7 months.

Attachments

• tavarnelle3.jpg
    tavarnelle3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 285
  • vakantie2.jpg
    vakantie2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 231
  • familietavarnelle.jpg
    familietavarnelle.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 344
  • tavarnelle2a.jpg
    tavarnelle2a.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 296
Pictures without watermarks :) from refdag/ANP

Attachments

• 32931-a.jpg
    32931-a.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 464
  • 32933-a.jpg
    32933-a.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 32935-a.jpg
    32935-a.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 32934-a.jpg
    32934-a.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 32932-a.jpg
    32932-a.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 253
I thought he became bigger....:D
O and, Alexia only cried because her dad put her on the ground...
I think she found that too confronting with all those strangers...When he had picked her up again it was oké soon enough.

Source:ANP.

Attachments

• 52950_3256555.jpeg
    52950_3256555.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 252
princess olga said:
That said, there's also the view that the more pro-active paparazzi would be vis-a-vis Alexander's young family, the more we, mere mortals, would be aware of the very cushy leisurly life these people get to have, while being paid lavishly for, let's face it, not that much, tangibly, in return.
Don't get me wrong, I understand where Alexander is coming from and in his shoes, I'd probably act the same, but, to quote movie star Uma Thurman, there's something very, let's face it, hypocrite, about being paid exhorbitant amounts to be the <face>, the spokesperson, of a product, or a country in this case, being in the lime light like that with all the extensive perks, privileges and prerogatives that existence comes with, yet demanding privacy all the same.

That's the very essence of my own ambivalence toward modern monarchy, as much as I can see the beneficial side of the concept, and as much as I'm a die-hard fan of Beatrix, who in my opinion is the personification of what a good king should be.
Wonderfully said and I couldn't agree more.
It certainly is a fine line they are walking. I remember a discussion I once had with a colleque about wether or not we could asked a celebrity on board of a plane for an autograph. My argument that he should not be bothered, was countered with the argument that if we the public would not care for the celebrities, they would not make such a mass of money. In royalties it would translate, the minute we stop caring about royals, the monarchy would probably stop existing.
It is too much to ask that they could live their luxurious lifestyle unbothered from the public yet funded by them and whenever their mood strikes them they show up and get all admiration.

On a more superficial note, am I the only one who thinks that Maximas blonde mane looks too artificial? She seems again in dire need of a root touch up, maybe she should go back to a more natural colour.

The Queen looks as usually great, though here too I don't really like her outfit, too busy. But her great smile makes up for everything else.
The girls are adorable, they look like very happy and normal children.

a few more from hola :

11xj.jpg
28tm.jpg

32zp1.jpg
48or.jpg
55dk1.jpg
60qi.jpg

Today NOS broadcasted a nice report from Tavernelle, about the photoshoot but esp. about the Queens presence there. Apparently she goes to the hairdresser there and just waits in the salon with the other ladies for her turn. She also frequently visits a restaurant (the owner was interviewed) and drops by to make her own reservations. One sad remark by the owner of a gasstation: the Queen does not come that often anymore, when the Prince was still alive he would see her/them more often...

report at:

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/beeld_en_geluid/index.html

select
video.gif
Koningin graag geziene gast in vakantieverblijf Tavernelle

Marengo said:
Today NOS broadcasted a nice report from Tavernelle, about the photoshoot but esp. about the Queens presence there. Apparently she goes to the hairdresser there and just waits in the salon with the other ladies for her turn. She also frequently visits a restaurant (the owner was interviewed) and drops by to make her own reservations. One sad remark by the owner of a gasstation: the Queen does not come that often anymore, when the Prince was still alive he would see her/them more often...

report at:

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/beeld_en_geluid/index.html

select
video.gif
Koningin graag geziene gast in vakantieverblijf Tavernelle
Thanks for the head's up on this report, Marengo! Tavernelle's really her home away from home, at least, it really was when Claus was still alive. Sad indeed what the local gas station owner had to say--I for one haven't reconciled the fact Claus is gone, let alone his widow--glad she still has her demanding job, and her grand kids. What in the world would she do once retired? I know she's also a professional sculptor, but all the same, I just can't see her retired, I just can't. OK, I'm veering off topic here, sorry!

(By the way, For some reason I could only get the sound, not pictures, does anyone else have that? I tried both Firefox as well as Explorer)

spanish hello magazine (hola), wrote an article from the photoshoot in tavernelle. unfortunately i don't have access to the article, but it starts with a quote maxima said:

Princesa Máxima: "A Amalia le encanta cantar y bailar, lo ha heredado de mí"

(translation: princess maxima: 'amalia loves singing and dancing, she has got that from me')

quite sweet... i love to hear that the future queen has a vibrant, latin side like maxima...

Aww. Each year I think the photoshoot improves. I love this family so much

wow amazing pictures! :)
Thanks for posting them!
The Girls are so adorable!
Great to see the whole Family with Queen Beatrix!
She always looks so relaxed and happy when she`s together with her grandchildren! Great pictures! :)

Marvelous photos above -- and without the watermarks too -- thank you Jess and Misshelen and to all who have covered this wonderful photoshoot! Misshelen it is so lovely to see you posting again! They look like such a happy family -- very spontaneous and physically demonstrative with one another. I think Amalia has great poise in front of so many photographers. I can't imagine many children that young who would be so at ease, even with repeated exposure. I'd love to know what W-A and M have tolde her about them from the time she was little so that she is so at ease!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom