Dutch Summer Photo Sessions (2005-2012)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful pictures. I love the photo's where Amalia is stroking her grandmothers hand.

more from Brunopress

Last edited:
They are soo cute. I think Amalia and Alexia do not look very similar. I think Amalia looks like her dad and Alexia like her mom. I thought you knew that Maxima's hair was not naturally blonde but brown, but I guess sometimes you dont notice about it.

Very nice video with this link:

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/beeld_en_geluid/index.html

july, 6
click under reportages NOS journaal :
video.gif
Koningin Beatrix viert korte vakantie in Italië

enjoy it!!

had a little trouble getting video had to go to "open stream" but it was wonderful. such sweet dresses on pretty little girls, alexia was not happy in some parts but amalia is getting so big and ladylike. it was sweet when the queen folded her little hands in hers and looked so lovingly at her. thanks for the photos and links.

I'm just getting sound, can anyone help?

BeatrixFan said:
I'm just getting sound, can anyone help?

It's a pity i can't give the direct link but you have to click on the site:
http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/beeld_en_geluid/index.html

and then click on: koningin beatrix viert vakantie...
it still works for me I hope for all of you. When you click on reportages nos radio 1 journaal: koninklijke familie op de foto you just getting sound and no video. Good luck!

Great pictures! They are such a wonderful family. Amalia and Alexia look adorable in their yellow dresses. I'm so happy they do this photoshoot every year.

Damn. I can't see it but it sounds good - lol.

Ok, I feel very silly. Where does it say "Open Stream"?

BeztrixFan -- I am very sorry -- I clicked on the link Misshelen supplied and then on the Koningen Beatrix section and this time the video just started! -- the second screen never opened up with the "open stream" on it. I have no idea why clicking on "Koningen Beatrix" produced the second screen. Hopefully my previous post is now deleted.

Now my question is -- can someone tell us what Willem and then Maxima said when they were interviewed?

Last edited:
Great great pictures, just as expected :) Thanks to all the members who posted them. I wish the family wonderful summer holidays in Italy and many great experiences for the sweet little girls!

Alexia looks like the father of Maxima

Amalia looks absolutely adorable in her little yellow sundress. She reminds me a bit of Ava Philippe, Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Philippe's daughter. Alexia has grown up fast and of course Queen Beatrix, WA, and Maxima all look lovely too. :)

Great photos. Thanks so much for posting. I love the matching dresses and names of the little Princesses. They really don't look much alike though!

Beautiful family!!! IMO, the baby looks like her father and Amalia like her grandma. Same face, same expressions. The baby is the father in a dress. They look very much alike. They are both beautiful!!

Rebafan81 said:
What beautiful little girls. Amelia has a great personality, its nice to see her and know she will be a great Queen one day.
Indeed the girl is adorable-looking and she certainly has the right set of parents to guide her onto the path of the all-around pro fessional career-royal, but to say she's set to be a great queen, is jumping the gun a decade or, oh, four, perhaps, in my opinion.

Unless being a great monarch comes down to waving one's hands extensively to the crowds at successions of public events, in which case, there's at least tens of thousands of little girls in the Netherlands who look almost exactly like little Amalia and could certainly be trained to do the same thing.
But luckily the role of monarch in the Netherlands goes well beyond mere smilling and waving in public. It remains to be seen whether the Dutch will be amenable to a queen Amalia, or any monarch for that matter, in four-and-a-half decades. Luckily dad Alexander seems to be down to earth enough to probably instill the realisation into his kids that they better learn a real craft--after all, he did, too: he's a professional pilot actually.

As for Amalia's little sister, as Joumada said, Alexia looks like a carbon copy of grandfather Jorge Zorreguieta (as well as her mother)--the ex-Videla 'government' minister may not have been allowed to the wedding, boy does the man get his 'revenge', his dna so clearly being mixed among the Orangje offspring!;)

Last edited:
What a beautiful, loveing family!

I still can not believe how Willem and Maxima have two daughters already, time has flown past.

"open stream" is on the right side of the box at the very bottem, media player box pops up, takes awhile to buffer.

These pictures are adorable! I would like to see a picture of Queen Beatrix with all of her grandchildren around her. That would be an awesome picture!

Great pictures and such a lovely family. The girls are just to adorable and Queen beatrix seems so relaxed and joyfull. As others noticed, I just love that she and Maxima seem so comfortable with each other.

In the NOS videoclip the Prince said that he hoped that due to picture opportunities like this the media will leave the princesses alone and that they can grow up as normal people without the feeling that they are haunted. He said that if his children would not have this feeling that he has failed as a parent.

Maxima said that she was looking forward to spending more time with her daughters, as she has been rather busy. She was looking forward to play with them, read to them etc. Willem-Alexander also remarked that both were fond of the water & swimming.

the photos are priceless! such a lovely family. they are all so expressive!

wonderful family pictures, thanks everyone!

i think maxima looked beautiful. that shirt is to die for... so modern, fresh and elegant! the dresses amalia and alexia are wearing are the cutest thing. lovely colour for them. not to mention how much i like tavernelle. it seems such a nice, calm place to be on holiday....

Marengo said:
In the NOS videoclip the Prince said that he hoped that due to picture opportunities like this the media will leave the princesses alone and that they can grow up as normal people without the feeling that they are haunted. He said that if his children would not have this feeling that he has failed as a parent.
I agree with him that in general, it's none of our business what they do after hours so to speak. If anything, that would dilute the mystique that's necessary for keeping the monarchy as an institution intact, not to mention the very argument that it's simply inhumane to stalk people.

That said, there's also the view that the more pro-active paparazzi would be vis-a-vis Alexander's young family, the more we, mere mortals, would be aware of the very cushy leisurly life these people get to have, while being paid lavishly for, let's face it, not that much, tangibly, in return.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where Alexander is coming from and in his shoes, I'd probably act the same, but, to quote movie star Uma Thurman, there's something very, let's face it, hypocrite, about being paid exhorbitant amounts to be the <face>, the spokesperson, of a product, or a country in this case, being in the lime light like that with all the extensive perks, privileges and prerogatives that existence comes with, yet demanding privacy all the same.

That's the very essence of my own ambivalence toward modern monarchy, as much as I can see the beneficial side of the concept, and as much as I'm a die-hard fan of Beatrix, who in my opinion is the personification of what a good king should be.

All the same, these pictures seem to show a cohesive family, which of course is the point.

I saw the footage and what I was most impressed with is how well Maxima speaks Dutch, which is a very difficult language to learn, let alone master. She really speaks it miles and miles better than Mathilde I think.

More pictures without watermarks from ANP and Benelux Press:)

Attachments

• za.jpg
    za.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 277
  • zb.jpg
    zb.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 252
  • zc.jpg
    zc.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 276
Thanks for the pics without marks, Misshelen! They're great as always!
I'll just go on repeating what everyone else said: what a lovely family! And so many beautiful pictures! Lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom