The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2006, 03:38 PM

Damn. I can't see it but it sounds good - lol.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:51 PM

Ok, I feel very silly. Where does it say "Open Stream"?

Old 07-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshelen
Very nice video with this link:

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/beeld_...uid/index.html

july, 6
click under reportages NOS journaal : Koningin Beatrix viert korte vakantie in Italië

enjoy it!!
I don't speak Dutch :( but, a wonderful video anyway. I love the way Maxima and W-A get distracted by what the children are doing.
Thank you very much. :)
Old 07-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

BeztrixFan -- I am very sorry -- I clicked on the link Misshelen supplied and then on the Koningen Beatrix section and this time the video just started! -- the second screen never opened up with the "open stream" on it. I have no idea why clicking on "Koningen Beatrix" produced the second screen. Hopefully my previous post is now deleted.

Now my question is -- can someone tell us what Willem and then Maxima said when they were interviewed?
Old 07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Great great pictures, just as expected :) Thanks to all the members who posted them. I wish the family wonderful summer holidays in Italy and many great experiences for the sweet little girls!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Alexia looks like the father of Maxima

It was too good to be true...
Old 07-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

Amalia looks absolutely adorable in her little yellow sundress. She reminds me a bit of Ava Philippe, Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Philippe's daughter. Alexia has grown up fast and of course Queen Beatrix, WA, and Maxima all look lovely too. :)
Old 07-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Great photos. Thanks so much for posting. I love the matching dresses and names of the little Princesses. They really don't look much alike though!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Beautiful family!!! IMO, the baby looks like her father and Amalia like her grandma. Same face, same expressions. The baby is the father in a dress. They look very much alike. They are both beautiful!!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81
What beautiful little girls. Amelia has a great personality, its nice to see her and know she will be a great Queen one day.
Indeed the girl is adorable-looking and she certainly has the right set of parents to guide her onto the path of the all-around pro fessional career-royal, but to say she's set to be a great queen, is jumping the gun a decade or, oh, four, perhaps, in my opinion.

Unless being a great monarch comes down to waving one's hands extensively to the crowds at successions of public events, in which case, there's at least tens of thousands of little girls in the Netherlands who look almost exactly like little Amalia and could certainly be trained to do the same thing.
But luckily the role of monarch in the Netherlands goes well beyond mere smilling and waving in public. It remains to be seen whether the Dutch will be amenable to a queen Amalia, or any monarch for that matter, in four-and-a-half decades. Luckily dad Alexander seems to be down to earth enough to probably instill the realisation into his kids that they better learn a real craft--after all, he did, too: he's a professional pilot actually.

As for Amalia's little sister, as Joumada said, Alexia looks like a carbon copy of grandfather Jorge Zorreguieta (as well as her mother)--the ex-Videla 'government' minister may not have been allowed to the wedding, boy does the man get his 'revenge', his dna so clearly being mixed among the Orangje offspring!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Nobility

What a beautiful, loveing family!

I still can not believe how Willem and Maxima have two daughters already, time has flown past.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

"open stream" is on the right side of the box at the very bottem, media player box pops up, takes awhile to buffer.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Courtier

These pictures are adorable! I would like to see a picture of Queen Beatrix with all of her grandchildren around her. That would be an awesome picture!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Great pictures and such a lovely family. The girls are just to adorable and Queen beatrix seems so relaxed and joyfull. As others noticed, I just love that she and Maxima seem so comfortable with each other.

In the NOS videoclip the Prince said that he hoped that due to picture opportunities like this the media will leave the princesses alone and that they can grow up as normal people without the feeling that they are haunted. He said that if his children would not have this feeling that he has failed as a parent.

Maxima said that she was looking forward to spending more time with her daughters, as she has been rather busy. She was looking forward to play with them, read to them etc. Willem-Alexander also remarked that both were fond of the water & swimming.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Majesty

the photos are priceless! such a lovely family. they are all so expressive!

wonderful family pictures, thanks everyone!

i think maxima looked beautiful. that shirt is to die for... so modern, fresh and elegant! the dresses amalia and alexia are wearing are the cutest thing. lovely colour for them. not to mention how much i like tavernelle. it seems such a nice, calm place to be on holiday....
Old 07-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo

In the NOS videoclip the Prince said that he hoped that due to picture opportunities like this the media will leave the princesses alone and that they can grow up as normal people without the feeling that they are haunted. He said that if his children would not have this feeling that he has failed as a parent.
I agree with him that in general, it's none of our business what they do after hours so to speak. If anything, that would dilute the mystique that's necessary for keeping the monarchy as an institution intact, not to mention the very argument that it's simply inhumane to stalk people.

That said, there's also the view that the more pro-active paparazzi would be vis-a-vis Alexander's young family, the more we, mere mortals, would be aware of the very cushy leisurly life these people get to have, while being paid lavishly for, let's face it, not that much, tangibly, in return.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where Alexander is coming from and in his shoes, I'd probably act the same, but, to quote movie star Uma Thurman, there's something very, let's face it, hypocrite, about being paid exhorbitant amounts to be the <face>, the spokesperson, of a product, or a country in this case, being in the lime light like that with all the extensive perks, privileges and prerogatives that existence comes with, yet demanding privacy all the same.

That's the very essence of my own ambivalence toward modern monarchy, as much as I can see the beneficial side of the concept, and as much as I'm a die-hard fan of Beatrix, who in my opinion is the personification of what a good king should be.

All the same, these pictures seem to show a cohesive family, which of course is the point.

I saw the footage and what I was most impressed with is how well Maxima speaks Dutch, which is a very difficult language to learn, let alone master. She really speaks it miles and miles better than Mathilde I think.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

More pictures without watermarks from ANP and Benelux Press:)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	za.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	253761   Click image for larger version

Name:	zb.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	253762   Click image for larger version

Name:	zc.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	253763  
Old 07-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pics without marks, Misshelen! They're great as always!
I'll just go on repeating what everyone else said: what a lovely family! And so many beautiful pictures! Lovely!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Courtier

A very charming family indeed.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Wonderful sweet pictures!!!
I love little Amalia's hair, so blonde and so put together, it suits her perfectly
http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?i...elle0128tn.jpg

Tags
2009, alexia, amalia, ariane, dutch photosession, king willem-alexander, photo shoot, prince willem alexander, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess maxima, princess of orange, queen maxima, summer holiday