Dutch State Visit to the People's Republic of China: October 25-29, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently The King, Queen and their daughters arrived before the start of the visit as the girls had a week or so off. According to the hola article ( translated article ), the girls will travel back to Holland today as school starts again and the state visit will start.

The article also mentions that there is about 250 representatives of Dutch companies and about 40 journalists accompanying the royal couple.

there is critizims in the dutch press about the private holiday in china: If the king and private work mixes in a country where what is happening, he has flour in the mouth talking about human rights.
Cookies op AD.nl
they went to see the terracotta army.

I suppose that a spokesperson for the former Maoist party SP -as mr van Bommel is- should be thrilled that the king is in China. But apperently not. If anybody is talking with 'flour in the mouth' it is Mr. van Bommel; neither the party nor Mr. van Bommel ever distanced themselves from their Maoist roots or from Maoism in general. What a hypocrite.

A pity that the queen is ill. I hope she will have a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
What a pity the queen is ill and has to cancel her engagements!

It is unfortunate that Queen Maxima's health interrupted the visit. Hopefully she will get well soon.

Queen Maxima did attend the state banquet, in a new dress and wearing the emerald necklace with brooch attached to it for the first time. And the big emerald as a pendant. What a surprise!

PPE Gallery.

Robin van Utrecht.

The dress is by Matthijs van Bergen and inspired by a painting of Van Gogh.

Modekoningin Maxima.

Last edited:
how unfortunate that maxima got ill on the state visit! it's a shame she won't be there but i am sure she is working on a speedy recovery. how professional of her to attend the state banquet despite not feeling in top shape.

i liked her outfit on the first pictures, the unofficial visit on the 25th - the colour pairing if beautiful and she looked superb.

It's great that she was well enough to attend the banquet! And the Queen looks stunning with that dress and these emerald jewels. Beatrix rarely wore the brooch on this necklace, and I don't remember her wearing also with the emerald drop. So this is a surprise indeed.

Queen Maxima did attend the state banquet, in a new dress and wearing the emerald necklace with brooch attached to it for the first time. And the big emerald as a pendant. What a surprise!
... [snipped] Robin van Utrecht. ... [snipped]
Queen Maxima looks lovely. The emerald necklace is impressive. I am perplexed by Mrs Peng Liyuan's ensemble as it does not flatter her.

Last edited:
Maxima does look a bit ill and pale but glad she made it tonight to the banquet. Not crazy over her dress but I'm in love with her jewelry.

Queen Maxima attends state banquet in China with King Willem-Alexander during five-day tour after it is revealed she has been struck down with a kidney infection
dailymail.co.uk

I hope a quick recovery from the Queen. It is not pleasant to be in official visit and get sick.

Maxima does look a bit ill and pale but glad she made it tonight to the banquet. Not crazy over her dress but I'm in love with her jewelry.

Queen Maxima attends state banquet in China with King Willem-Alexander during five-day tour after it is revealed she has been struck down with a kidney infection
dailymail.co.uk

If she is taking antibiotics for her kidney infection (highly probable), I wouldn't recommend drinking alcohol at the state banquet.

Maybe it is fruit juice. Or the Queen nipped "for the form".

If she is taking antibiotics for her kidney infection (highly probable), I wouldn't recommend drinking alcohol at the state banquet.
On professionally catered event they are always very smooth with when someone has an alternate diet o is not drinking alohol so we wouldn't know if it's alchoholic or not.

I believe that cranberry juice is helpful with a kindey infection, so maybe she was drinking that? Don't they usually toast with champagne btw?

I believe that cranberry juice is helpful with a kindey infection, so maybe she was drinking that? Don't they usually toast with champagne btw?

Yes, it is helpful to drink cranberry juice when you have a urinary tract infection. Maybe that is what she was toasting with.

Whatever she drank, I am absolutely certain that she and her doctors know what they are doing. They will have everything under control. Surely the doctors did carefully consider whether the Queen was up the banquet or not, and what she can drink or not.

Last edited:
No, not yet. Later today the king will meet the Dutch community, not clear if the queen will be there too.

On the radio they said that the queen flew straight to Beijing and will hopefully join in tonight. The state dinner yesterday evening only took one hour, so that was relatively less heavy than other parts of the programme. Also it was the most important part of the visit. She is a trouper for making the effort.

Last edited:
It is a pity. It makes sense though, her health comes first.

H.M. King Willem-Alexander visiting the Loss Plateau and Fangta Watershed

PPE

PPE Agency

The Queen is on her way back to the Netherlands?

The Queen is on her way back to the Netherlands?

Yes, the palace just announced that she will fly back to the Netherlands tonight and that she will be attmitted to the Bronovo Hospital in the Hague for medical examination. The antibioatics aren't reducing the symptoms of this illness (high fever, pain in her back) so it's better for her to return to the Netherlands.

Usually, one recovers from kidney infections in five days or so, so I expect she will recover soon (if they find the right antibiotics).

King Willem-Alexander will continue the statevisit as planned. He said that he feels a bit alone and that he misses her, after being married for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom