Dutch State Visit to Norway: 9-11 November 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eya

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
Greece
Last edited by a moderator:
Look forward to the visit!

Good News that State Visits are happening again. Wonder only whay the dutch King and Queen are the first of the threw royal Couples who got invited as Queen Beatrix's State Visit to Norway is not so long ago (I believe it was in 2010) compared to the ones from Belgium or Spain

Last edited:
Looking forward to this State Visit too.

I see that Zr. Ms. Rotterdam (a Netherlands Royal Navy amphibious warfare ship with a deck for six Cougar helicopters) will be present. (picture)

At the previous state visit, Queen Beatrix sailed to Oslo aboard of Hr. Ms. Tromp (a Netherlands Royal Navy air-defence and command frigate) and was welcomed by Crown Prince Haakon, picking her up in a barge. (picture)

From the program it is not clear if King Willem-Alexander will -alike his mother- sail into Oslo aboard of a Dutch naval ship or not. It describes that the Zr. Ms. Rotterdam will be used as a venue for the reception of the Dutch community in Norway.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It seems that there was no member of the RF to receive the king and queen at the -rainy- airport.

Are you required to self-isolate in Norway after a negative test?

Oskar Aanmoen @OAanmoen BREAKING

Crown Prince Haakon cancels his participation today during the state visit from the Netherlands.

The Crown Prince has symptoms of the common cold.

He is said to have tested negative on covd-19.

** First pic and a video from @RickEversRoyal ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDvb127XoAEO82t?format=jpg&name=small **

That is a pity. And so it is that it seems to rain, but that is when one schedules a State Visit for November.

It is the Crown Prince not the Crown Princess.

I do apologise, meant to say Crown Prince.

It seems that there was no member of the RF to receive the king and queen at the -rainy- airport.

Are you required to self-isolate in Norway after a negative test?

I am surprised that, in the absence of the Crown Prince, the Crown Princess did not go alone to the airport to receive the visiting King and Queen.

I wonder if King W-A was flying the plane himself?

Apparently the Chief of the Military House of the King, was awaiting the Dutch royal couple at the airport.

Who will be at the gala dinner besides the King and Queen in Norway? I hope Crown Princess Mette-Marit is present.

Im a bit confused to see Harald with the Uniform and Dutch Order, and Willem Alexander just a suit..

King Harald always wear's Uniform's for the official welcome Ceremony at State Vists. Something what besides him only King Carl Gustaf still does.
And King Weillem-Alexander never wears Uniforms's anymore since he has become King.

King Harald always wear's Uniform's for the official welcome Ceremony at State Vists. Something what besides him only King Carl Gustaf still does.
And King Weillem-Alexander never wears Uniforms's anymore since he has become King.

King Willem-Alexander still wears uniforms when it is military related. See picture.

He sees his role as head of state during a State Visit (but also during the Address from the Throne) as a civil affair, then he opts for civil wear.

Gallery with pics of the arrival.
https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=09-11-2021 Norway

King Harald and Queen Sonja receive the Dutch King and Queen
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...lexander-and-picture-id1236454856?s=2048x2048

Im a bit confused to see Harald with the Uniform and Dutch Order, and Willem Alexander just a suit..

I believe Duc et Pair explained before that the King of the Netherlands does not wear military uniform except on military events in the Netherlands properly. I don't know what the protocol should be in that case.

The landing:

I wonder why K Harald told K WA laughingly at the presentation of the gifts that he mustn´t wear the collar of the order of St. Olav tonight..?

Last edited:
The landing:

I wonder why K Harald told K WA laughingly at the presentation of the gifts that he mustn´t wear the collar of the order of St. Olav tonight..?

But it is worn very seldom anyway. Think the norwegian ro<al men only wear it for the opening of Parliament

The gifts chosen by the Queens are wonderful.

Are there any rules on when the collar can be worn? Or was he just joking?

Emperor Akihito wore the collar at the State Banquet, so I guess it was a joke.
The King of Sweden also once wore it while Harald wore the swedish collar of the order of Seraphim.
I thought the guest receiving this highest rank of the order of St. Olav could wear it with an own sash...?

But it is worn very seldom anyway. Think the norwegian ro<al men only wear it for the opening of Parliament
Both King and Queen wore it for their blessing back in 1991.

Back
Top Bottom