Christmas in Argentina for WA, Máxima and their Family: December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fantastic news. I hope they have a wonderful time!

That is great news! Isn't it much warmer there this time around? Will the Queen go along?

That is great news! Isn't it much warmer there this time around? Will the Queen go along?

Really warm actually. They can expect a 30º C temperature around that time here in BA...

That is so nice! It has been a while since the children have been to Argentina, and Ariane has never been there. Great that there will be a photosession!!

I must accept that I'm excited about the photosession. I like to notice how the girls are growing up. But I'm over all things, interested about Ariane's photo, since I've seen so few of her.

Vanesa.:wub:

Christmas in Argentina for WA, Máxima and their Family; December 2007

Since Máxima, Willem - Alexander and the 3 A's are going to spend Christmas in Argentina this year, I created this thread in order to post everything related to this special event.

It will be Máxima's first visit to Argentina since March 2006, when she came in an official trip with HM Queen Beatrix and the Prince of Orange. Back then, both Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia came along. But Princess Ariane, born in April 2007, is not yet known 'in person' by most of Máxima's friends and relatives, except for her parents and two of her brothers (Inés and Juan, who attended the baptism last October). This is one of the reasons for this visit.

I will try to provide you with the latest updates from Buenos Aires!

First question: Does anyone know for sure when they are arriving in BA, or when will the photosession be held?

Are you sure this is the first visit since March 2006? Didn't her half sister Angeles marry in between, or was that before this date?

I am pretty sure it is. I don't recall any other wedding she attended in the past year...only remember she came specially for Samantha Deane's, but that was in 2004...

About the date of arrival to Argentina: this week's Gente magazine says it will be after the 22nd of December, and they will be back before the 7th of January - because Amalia has to continue with school.

Do the DRF not spend Christmas together as a family?

I'm surprised the CP couple will be out of the country.

I am pretty sure it is. I don't recall any other wedding she attended in the past year...only remember she came specially for Samantha Deane's, but that was in 2004...

Máxima's last visit to Buenos Aires was on October 1st 2006, when she attended the wedding of her half-sister María Zorreguieta:flowers:

Last edited:
The photoshoot will be December 22, 2007. It's confirmed by the RVD.

but when do the arrive???

Where did the RVD confirm the date? In the press maybe, I don´t see anything on the website of the Royal House.

It was said to a reporter, can't remember where I heard it.

Do the DRF not spend Christmas together as a family?

I'm surprised the CP couple will be out of the country.

Probably Máxima's family was already missing her presence is the Zorreguieta's Christmas parties ;)

It seems they won't spend only the Christmas but also the New Year's day in Argentina. The children, especially Amalia, will find funny to spend these celebrations with a summer weather instead of snow and cold temperatures. Personally I prefer a cold Christmas :) but I guess it will be a funny experience for them.

They looked like they were having a good time in 2005 during Princess Catharina-Amalia's birthday shoot in December. They seem to enjoy themselves as a family no matter what the circumstances.

I think it is great that they can go and spend some time with Maxima's family but I am surprised to hear it, I just assumed it would not bethe done thing.

Do you see the Dutch Royals on Christmas Day, like we do with the British Royals?

When the children start going to school, like Amalia, I guess it becomes difficult to find a time to go away.

Just got me thinking if Princess Mary would be allowed to go to Australia over Christmas?

Whatever.... I hope the family have a lovely Christmas!

I don't know if the Dutch RF gives too much attention to Christmas... maybe more attention to Sinterklaas?

Their photoshoots are during their holidays and official engagements, have they given any kind of postcard picture or official 'best wishes' for Christmas in the past few years? Does anyone know?

Where did the RVD confirm the date? In the press maybe, I don´t see anything on the website of the Royal House.

Neither do I, but also in the last Blauw Bloed programma (15/12) it is mentioned that they will be coming.

I don't know if the Dutch RF gives too much attention to Christmas... maybe more attention to Sinterklaas?

Their photoshoots are during their holidays and official engagements, have they given any kind of postcard picture or official 'best wishes' for Christmas in the past few years? Does anyone know?

Esmeralda, I was checking the Royal Holidays thread and I didn't find anything from them. Maybe they send Christmas cards to friends but they display them on their website, like other royal families do.

Princess Máxima arrived to the country
The princess of the Netherlands, Máxima Zorreguieta, arrived yesterday morning, together with her 3 daughter, to Ezeiza Airport. There she was greeted by the staff of the Dutch Embassy.

Llegó a nuestro país la princesa Máxima | LANACION.com
thank you so much for the aricle! i wonder if W-A was with them too or travel later? I am sure they travel with bodyguards and babysitters, could you imagine such a long trip with 3 little girls?it is exsousting!!!!! they will have a great time christmas in the summer!!!!!!

Hi Ashelen,

The article does not mention Willem Alexander, only Máxima and the three girls.

According to this article, they arrived in a KLM flight from Amsterdam, via Paris. They were extremely discrete, and the other passengers only noticed their presence when the flight ended.

I can imagine, she probably wants to be incognito there! i wonder where will they stay? and how much spanish the girls can speak!!!nice, christmas and nice weather1

I can imagine, she probably wants to be incognito there! i wonder where will they stay?

There are two probable options IMHO: her family residence in Recoleta (Buenos Aires) or the family countryside house in the outer BA (I believe their house is in Pingüinos Country Club, or Martindale CC, I don't remember exactly). I don't think they are staying at the Ambassador's residence - but that could be another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom