Christmas in Argentina for WA, Máxima and their Family: December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the KLPD (Dutch Police - Politie.nl), Máxima´s bodyguard acted correctly and was right. According to Story magazine, they saw the video of the incident and reached this conclusion.

Story

i find it terrible that they don't even let them alone when they are having problems with ariane. it is enough that they decided to pose for the press to have some privacy afterwards, let alone take pictures of them in private activities but taking pictures of them going to the hospital is far too much. it's beyond that what a paparazzi should do: who would have fun seeing someone suffering because their daughter is in hospital? which magazine would actually want to show those pictures? i find it ludicrous.

carlota, I agree with you although there is a small section of the public that enjoy seeing "wealthy" or "famous" people suffer a bit. It is called jealousy. Shame. I certainly hope that the poor child is fine and her lungs will not give her problems all her life. My own daugher has the same problem since birth. Quite a worry.

Note to: Lucein, I enjoyed reading your above post. I got a chuckle out of it. And I agree on your assessment of what happened. The photographer was hysterical and out of control. Such a mystery as to why some photographers/reporters feel that they can act so irrational and then call it their job and their right.

No,he didn't go a "little over",I would have,but not him.That woman was screaming histirically,not listening to the request to make way for the car,she could have been hit by the car you know,no,all she did was frustrating,or trying to,traffic while yelling all kinds of palabra's I can't use here.She was lucky I wasn't around.No one ever hit her,she was just gently taken by the arm to make way for the traffic,that is all.But ofcourse,as there is such a high profile family involved,and there is so much gutter press,isn't it great to make havoc and create something out of proportion?
I do hope for her I won't come across her when I visit Argentina soon and would follow and harass her for a day,see how she reacts to that.Bet she would say she was obstructed in her freedom.Up your daisy!

Let us know what happens when you meet her. I am sure it would be very interesting.

in first place, how did the press know that the CP where at the hospital? somebody from the hospital had to call the press, so this person is to blame too!

in first place, how did the press know that the CP where at the hospital? somebody from the hospital had to call the press, so this person is to blame too!

Don't think so.With the family around the press,that sort of press that is,is simply lurking everywhere for any movement by anything.As they know where they stay(ed) and lurk long enough it takes only one to call all the others and follow the vehicle,
any vehicle,coming from the country club going somewhere.

The Holidays in Argentina come to an End this weekend. Queen Beatrix and her family will be back at work next week. They will host the New Year's Reception on January 8th.

I hope they had a wonderful family holiday despite the illness of Ariane and the stupid behaviour of the Argentinien Paparazzi.

i find it terrible that they don't even let them alone when they are having problems with ariane. it is enough that they decided to pose for the press to have some privacy afterwards, let alone take pictures of them in private activities but taking pictures of them going to the hospital is far too much. it's beyond that what a paparazzi should do: who would have fun seeing someone suffering because their daughter is in hospital? which magazine would actually want to show those pictures? i find it ludicrous.

i totally agree! the hospital scene was awful, i'm just sorry the sweet princess was ill and then had to be frightened (i'm sure they all were) by the scrum rushing at the car. I know those in the car were scared as the car was swarmed, all the yelling, pounding on the car (you can see it in the video) up until the last second i'm sure from the front seat it looked like they were going to be hitting and running over people. So here is a sick child, frantic parents trying to get home and to have to deal with this- disgusting.
i'm not surprised anymore (did you see all the paps trying to crawl in the ambulance with brit on the news) they are the scum of the earth, don't get me started i'll be edited for ranting ;)

The Holidays in Argentina come to an End this weekend. Queen Beatrix and her family will be back at work next week. They will host the New Year's Reception on January 8th.

I hope they had a wonderful family holiday despite the illness of Ariane and the stupid behaviour of the Argentinien Paparazzi.

Revista Noticias (Noticias Magazine) has an article on Máxima's holidays on this week's edition (see bottom left corner of the cover: Insoportable verano con su suegra en Argentina - Unbereable summer with her mother in law in Argentina)

http://www.revista-noticias.com.ar/tapas/1619.jpg

The article claims their holidays were full of problems (not only because of the photograper incident itself, who btw is being highly criticized because of the poor image of journalism and Argentinian society in general that she is providing), and points out that the two families (Oranges/Zorreguietas) do not really get along that well or have too many things in common: Beatrix likes to speak in Dutch and expects her grandchildren to do so - The Zorreguietas do not really fancy the 24 hour custody or the protocol's needs; Máxima has her argentinian way of speaking 'locked with key' and smiles like if she was posing for a picture; they could hardly come out of the country club, etc.

Also states that Máxima allowed the girl to open their Xmas presents only the 25th at noon (contrary to what we do in Argentina, the night of the 24th). Apparently the Queen took a boat excursion on her own across the Nahuel Huapi Lake and the Victoria Island. Máxima and WA shopped for furniture and the Princess went to church on the 24th.

Thanks for the article, Verde Esmeralda
I don't know how much we can trust these news (how can they know all those private things that happened inside home?) but if all this happened, then I feel for Máxima. It is surely not easy to be in the middle of the two families that don't along well... Anyway, I think the Queen already know the Zorreguietas too well and she wouldnt make such a long trip to face awful days, like the magazines claims.

Revista Noticias (Noticias Magazine) has an article on Máxima's holidays on this week's edition (see bottom left corner of the cover: Insoportable verano con su suegra en Argentina - Unbereable summer with her mother in law in Argentina)

http://www.revista-noticias.com.ar/tapas/1619.jpg

The article claims their holidays were full of problems (not only because of the photograper incident itself, who btw is being highly criticized because of the poor image of journalism and Argentinian society in general that she is providing), and points out that the two families (Oranges/Zorreguietas) do not really get along that well or have too many things in common: Beatrix likes to speak in Dutch and expects her grandchildren to do so - The Zorreguietas do not really fancy the 24 hour custody or the protocol's needs; Máxima has her argentinian way of speaking 'locked with key' and smiles like if she was posing for a picture; they could hardly come out of the country club, etc.

Also states that Máxima allowed the girl to open their Xmas presents only the 25th at noon (contrary to what we do in Argentina, the night of the 24th). Apparently the Queen took a boat excursion on her own across the Nahuel Huapi Lake and the Victoria Island. Máxima and WA shopped for furniture and the Princess went to church on the 24th.
It is indeed very difficult to say if it is true what the magazine claim.
but i know for my own experience it is not easy to combine 2 families with different cultur and language, we don't know how well the parents of M can speak english and this would be the only language that the Queen and the parents probably could talk.
regarding the xmas presents, I belive most of the european contries they open the presents at midnight on the 24 , it is just england and the USA that open presents on the 25, and it is not at noon, it is when the kids wake up!
any Dutch member out there to confirm Dutch tradition??????

It is indeed very difficult to say if it is true what the magazine claim.
but i know for my own experience it is not easy to combine 2 families with different cultur and language, we don't know how well the parents of M can speak english and this would be the only language that the Queen and the parents probably could talk.
regarding the xmas presents, I belive most of the european contries they open the presents at midnight on the 24 , it is just england and the USA that open presents on the 25, and it is not at noon, it is when the kids wake up!
any Dutch member out there to confirm Dutch tradition??????

I don't think there is a Dutch tradition when to open the gifts. Most Dutch celebrate Sinterklaas (with presents) on December 5th. My guess is that the families who do exchange gifts have their on tradition. IF it's true that Maxima didn't want the girls to open their presents untill noon on Christmasday, maybe that's something the Oranges do.

Last edited:
amelia is look just like her grandmother, the queen. Love the three girls, they are gorgeous children

I don't think there is a Dutch tradition when to open the gifts. Most Dutch celebrate Sinterklaas (with presents) on December 5th. My guess is that the families who do exchange gifts have their on tradition. IF it's true that Maxima didn't want the girls to open their presents untill noon on Christmasday, maybe that's something the Oranges do.
don't you have in Holland the tradition of Santa Claus for the kids? what is the december 5th? i thought that in Europe except for england you have santa claus comming at midnight on the 24 with the presents?????

Sinterklaas isn't Santa Clause, The Kerstman is Santa Clause. Kerst (Christmas) is celebrated the December 24-25-26th, (Christmas Eve, First Christmas Day and Second Christmas Day) but Saint Nicholas (Sinterklaas) is celebrated December 5th.

Last edited:
Sinterklaas isn't Santa Clause, The Kerstman is Santa Clause. Kerst (Christmas) is celebrated the December 24-25-26th, (Christmas Eve, First Christmas Day and Second Christmas Day) but Saint Nicholas (Sinterklaas) is celebrated December 5th.
thank you for you answer! so actually Santa Claus is comming on the 5?

thank you for you answer! so actually Santa Claus is comming on the 5?

Saint Nicholas (Sinterklaas), not Santa Claus, is celebrated December 5th.

I like very much the way the Dutch people celebrate the Christmas time. They seem to give more importance to a historical saint like Saint Nicholas than to santa claus, an invented character.

Saint Nicholas (Sinterklaas), not Santa Claus, is celebrated December 5th.

I like very much the way the Dutch people celebrate the Christmas time. They seem to give more importance to a historical saint like Saint Nicholas than to santa claus, an invented character.
thank you regina for your quote. So what they normaly do for the 24-25-26??? sorry my ignorance what is the story about saint nicholas?

I don't know whether this was true or not, but I would think that the Argentinean press would side with the journalist more than likely. Maxima requested privacy in return for the press interview they held prior to Christmas and that should have been respected by the press. The rest of her holida was a private matter and should not have been intruded by anyone.

thank you regina for your quote. So what they normaly do for the 24-25-26??? sorry my ignorance what is the story about saint nicholas?

Hi ashelen, I don't know about Dutch Christmas traditions, let's wait for some Dutch poster :) About Saint Nicholas, you can read his story here

Hi ashelen, I don't know about Dutch Christmas traditions, let's wait for some Dutch poster :) About Saint Nicholas, you can read his story here

There is no such as a special tradition with Christmas. On Christmas Eve a lot of people are going to a church for a night service. And on the first christmas day most people are visiting family and have a family dinner in or outside the house. The second day is used for visiting furniture malls/IKEA etc. or a walk on the beach/woods. The second CD is a day off; shops are closed. But there are also people who are going first CD twice to the church en have on second CD a christmas celebration for children in the church. So as i said before; no tradition as with Sinterklaas, every familie has their own traditions :flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks for your explanation, Amber26! :flowers: Here in TRF we are always learning new different things about other Countries and Cultures!

The photos of the three girls that Prince Willem Alexander himself took in Villa La Angostura, and sent to the media, are published this week in Caras magazine (see bottom right corner):

Revista Caras

Also Pronto magazine has them included in this week's edition.

The royal couple have handed out the picture to the media to express their gratitude for the respect for their privacy during their stay in Argentina - ppe-pictures

Thank you so much amber 26 for your explanation but I am surprise about that my parents are danish and we kept alwasy the danish tradition in our xmas, I thought the dutch would have one too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom