Christmas in Argentina for WA, Máxima and their Family: December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is shocking. I know how fustrating this can be on the bodyguard having to deal with the journalist's/photographers but to the point to hit him is abit over the top. I would understand if he had pushed him or something like that. I also think the using bad language was wrong, not because they are crown prince/s but its simply rude imo.

Do we know what happened to the bodyguard? Did he fly over with the family? I also hope Ariane is doing better...

Well, they were all very angry. Dirty words are so rude but when people are fighting like this, what can we expect?
I don't think the photographers were doing anything wrong. They didn't attack anyone, or put anyone's life in risk. They were doing their job, just like they did in the last photosession.
These bodyguards were too much violent :sad:, IMO.
And i belive the bodyguards were doing their job!

And i belive the bodyguards were doing their job!

The bodyguards job is to protect and defend their clients from real threats, not to hit photographers who were not attacking anyone. That's the reason I think the bodyguards behaviour was excessive. If the photographerss were violating the Argentinian law, the royal couple could have called the Police. I understand this is a hard period for the Princes but they have to deal with the public interest about them. They cannot call the photographers to their photosessions one day, and kick them out like this the other next day.

All the best for little Ariane!

imo opinion it looks like he saved her live pulling her from in front of a car that was going to hit her, i mean that car was going pretty fast and she was in its path- might be a tactic to slow down the car, but seems kinda drastic-
royal cars kills aggressive photographer, oh wait it actually has a nice ring to it.
i've been caught in the madness of scrum trying to get photos i can't believe more arent' trampled and injured- vultures, nasty creatures
hope the little one is ok, worrying with your child and have to contend with
all this, i hope they don't cut their trip short.

This is shocking. I know how fustrating this can be on the bodyguard having to deal with the journalist's/photographers but to the point to hit him is abit over the top. I would understand if he had pushed him or something like that.

I believe the photographer that was struck was female. Many of the people there yelled to the bodyguard "You hit a woman!"

I believe the photographer that was struck was female. Many of the people there yelled to the bodyguard "You hit a woman!"

thats even worse. thanks, didnt know it was a women photographer. Well imo the bodyguard should of hit. Maybe this will keep all photographers away from the crown prince couple during the rest of the holiday:D

I believe the bald guard first pushed her aside to let the car get out, and then she reacted, therefore he (over) reacted. I am a little bit fed up with the local press and their attitude, but this guy went too far as well. And they were indeed in a public space, true (though vulnerating the familys privacy) Just keeping her aside would have been the right thing to do. Sad.

Apparently, some member of the local government has spoken about the incident and claimed that the way in which the custody treated the journalists was "desequilibrado y deleznable" (let's say, excessive and despicable) and also wondered "what kind of information was trying to be hidden, in order to do such a thing".

Incidents with Maxima's custody repudiated

Repudian los incidentes con la custodia de Máxima

Yes, she was a woman. I dont see the exact moment of the "hit", but she textually says to La Nacion:

"El jefe de la custodia me tomó de las axilas, me zarandeó en el aire, me sentí muy mal, me bajó al piso y exhibiéndome los puños me decía ´come on, come on´".

(The chief of the custody grabbed me by the armpits, shook me in the air, I felt really bad, he lowered me to the floor and showing his fists to me he said 'come on, come on'.)

Denuncian a custodio de Máxima por agresión | LANACION.com

She made a formal claim to the police about the incident.

Having watched the video I would say the bodyguard needed to react but perhaps went a little over. He pulled her out of the path of the car and then she started lashing out. Even when taken away she was trying to fight back. She should be deeply ashamed of herself trying to get at a family already under stress. I wonder if she had been a male photographer would there have been a similar reaction.
Also from watchin the video I didn't see him hit her only restraining her by holding her arms. However she hit him over the head while another photographer kicked his car door! Paparazzi know no boundaries

Last edited:
She over react also! I think for the journalist it is their job they are doing and imagine thet you have someone who make your job difficult so it is quite normal that you react over that person!To the jornalist it is very important to get a nice photo of Maxima it is her job and a way to get some money so it is very important to her and we must understand that

This week's Gente magazine has 6 pages on Máxima (only pictures from the photosession). Caras magazine has just acknowledged she was here : ) and has 8 pages on the same subject. None of them has any pic from their holidays in the Patagonia.

Sumario - Gente Online

Thanks Rockon!

If you click on the title, you can also see a picture of Máxima and Carmen Cerruti entering their van, before leaving.

According to the article, which title is "Máxima y Guillermo, padres preocupados por su hija de 8 meses la hicieron atender en el San Carlos" (Máxima and Willem, worried parents for their 8 months old daughter had her taken care of at San Carlos"), the nurses said that the princely couple was extremely kind to everyone, and the little princess was taken care of by one of the directors of the hospital, Dr. Caride.

At the end of the article, is the letter from Daniel Pardo, repudiating the incidents with the bodyguards.

There is also a commentary of the journalist that took the picture inside the hospital, who says that the bodyguards had made a huge mistake, by making such a fuss outside, and didn't even notice he was there, metres away from the CPs."What if the potential source of threaten had been me?"

Last edited:
I think that Princess Alexia is becoming the beauty of the three girls. As for Princess Ariane, she is beatiful too...and their elder sister is quite a character! :D

Vanesa

What was wrong with Ariane in the first place?

What was wrong with Ariane in the first place?
From Hola on Spanish:
La pequeña sufrió una grave infección –que incluso hizo temer por su vida- a los veintidós días de nacer por lo que, como a todos los padres, la indisposición les preocupó notablemente.

I feel so sorry for the family. Maxima looks very upset in the pictures.

Having watched the video I would say the bodyguard needed to react but perhaps went a little over. He pulled her out of the path of the car and then she started lashing out. Even when taken away she was trying to fight back. She should be deeply ashamed of herself trying to get at a family already under stress. I wonder if she had been a male photographer would there have been a similar reaction.
Also from watchin the video I didn't see him hit her only restraining her by holding her arms. However she hit him over the head while another photographer kicked his car door! Paparazzi know no boundaries

That's exactly what I saw as well. She seemed out of control! The camera did cut away briefly to follow the car but it appears he was only restraining her. The photographers really seemed to cross over the boundary line.

Are these bodyguards hired from a Argentinian security organization? Or are they the usual bodyguards for the family? Do we know that they are actual guards for the royals or just guards at the clinic/hospital?

I think the bold one, it was in Capital Federal with Carmen and the girls, it is some picture of him in this threat but i really do not know if he is from the Netherlands or if he is from the embassy or Argentinean security organization, the same with the nanny, may be somebody knows ????

I feel so sorry for the family. Maxima looks very upset in the pictures.

I felt the same way when I looked at the video and pics. I understand they are public figures, but I can't help thinking about the agony of Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander dealing with the wee sick Princess Ariane.

No,he didn't go a "little over",I would have,but not him.That woman was screaming histirically,not listening to the request to make way for the car,she could have been hit by the car you know,no,all she did was frustrating,or trying to,traffic while yelling all kinds of palabra's I can't use here.She was lucky I wasn't around.No one ever hit her,she was just gently taken by the arm to make way for the traffic,that is all.But ofcourse,as there is such a high profile family involved,and there is so much gutter press,isn't it great to make havoc and create something out of proportion?
I do hope for her I won't come across her when I visit Argentina soon and would follow and harass her for a day,see how she reacts to that.Bet she would say she was obstructed in her freedom.Up your daisy!

I felt the same way when I looked at the video and pics. I understand they are public figures, but I can't help thinking about the agony of Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander dealing with the wee sick Princess Ariane.

Well, I wouldn't think about it as an 'agony', but certainly a valid and understandable concern, due to the fact that she had some rough days with a lung infection when she was born too. After all, they are just parents taking their baby to hospital - they deserved to be left alone...

According to this article, two claims were presented against the CPs' custody: one for 'physical damage' (by the female reporter) and another one for 'damage to property' (apparently one guy's camera was damaged):

ENLACES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom