Baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia: June 12, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pictures were lovely and I am happy the ceremony went well!

I have to comment on a couple of hats--Maxima's and Laurentien's. Maxima is usually quite stylish, but I thought she had a twig bush attached to her head. Laurentien's hat--there are no words to describe that horror! :shock: :eek:

I have to say that Princess Amalia is quite a handsome baby. She is welllllllllllllllllllllll feed. As far as her looks are concerned she is just like her parental grandmother in that area very unique but regal. Her father is also not a looker himself (meaning not the best in the looks department) and the mother is not a great beauty. Amalia is simply a product of her breeding, and it is not all that fine, but she is a baby nonetheless with parents that appear to love and dote on her. All children could only hope that they are recieved into this world with two lovings parents as Princess Amalia seems to have. May God Bless. :blush:

I just have to say that I think CA is a very cute baby. I mean, alla babies are cute but she belongs to the more cute ones.

As for her looks in the future, you really can't judge that now. She won't be that chubby all her life. And right now the short hair makes her kinda look like a boy, but when it grows longer, I'm sure she will be a very pretty little girl.

she is a really nice baby... and i'm sure that when she grows will be much more! she has a nice eye colour, and she will be really tall if she continues like that.

by the way, she is really cute now...

I love this picture. She looks like she knows her desiny already. Also she looks cute in this picture. I don't think that C-A is really cute right now, most babies to me at C-A's age just look weird, they're inbetween grow older and having the newborn look. C-A looks different she has pale skin and red-ish blonde hair with nice eyes ( but her eyes will widen, because Maxima had the same eyes as a baby, so C-A has her mother's eyes). When I saw a picture of Nickloi of Denmark around C-A age, I thought he had the biggest head of every seen on a baby,( the same thing for his father, brother and uncle), but now Nickloi and Felix are two of the cutest boys I've every seen. So,what I'm trying to say is C-A will come into her looks soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets go back on topic "me too" Baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia
i can move the last posts to maximas thread so we can talk abou were her last name comes from there

People just not want to forgive.

What about people that had worked with Hitler??

Nobody talks about them. They had forgive them.

Don't forget this:

* Hitler was a dictator. So most things you HAD to do, otherwise you had to fear for your life. The same with the Videla-regime.

Originally posted by susanstotz+Jun 14th, 2004 - 7:05 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (susanstotz @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 7:05 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Hannelore@Jun 12th, 2004 - 6:27 am
<!--QuoteBegin-royal_sophietje
@Jun 12th, 2004 - 6:05 am
Grandfather Zorro was very touched. Sweet.

Maybe he was touched by the priest saying how people become devils in times of war. Let's hope so.

I thought his tears were repulsive. He was a bad egg in church [/b][/quote]
People make mistakes (and I use the term loosely) & they surely pay for them but lets not continue to make Maxima pay for someone else's mistake.

it is not a matter of believing but of forgiving. so forgive him

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 14th, 2004 - 8:24 am
People just not want to forgive.

What about people that had worked with Hitler??

Nobody talks about them. They had forgive them.

Don't forget this:

* Hitler was a dictator. So most things you HAD to do, otherwise you had to fear for your life. The same with the Videla-regime.
exactly, most people who haven't lived such a thing do not understand that you have to do certain things to survive & to make sure your family is taken care of. As I have it understood his position was not one of violence. He was Minister of Agriculture which had nothing to do with military actions. However it's still a position in THAT gov.

With that said let me explain how living in a regime works. Everyone works for the gov in some capacity and you can't escape it. My mother worked in an office, for a ship company I think & it was owned by the gov (as is everything else) & she had to do the job. My father was a mechanic & the military would bring their cars to him because he was good at his job. My father could not have refused them. In fact bothe my parents were opposed to the regime in Cuba and they kept it to themselves & yet even with that my father was taken to jail for a short time to be questioned & my mother was put under house arrest. All becuase someone from the neighborhood told the secret police that my parents were anti-communist. My mother was threatend to be shot because when questioned she actually told the military official that she did not like the form of gov & simply wished to leave the contry.

People fear for their lives & they work in the things that they know how to do because there is nothing else. It doesn't matter if you hate who you are working for, you do it or you die or be put in jail etc. What people do is try to find positions where they can help their families survive and or keep the life they are accustomed to & do as little harm as possible.

I can't speak for Maxima's father but it's possible he was just trying to do his job & take care of his family & that he was not at all in favor of that form of gov. But I can't say for sure if he was in favor or not. I don't think he has ever spoken about it to the public.

If anyone has an article of him saying anything about this, please post it up.

Originally posted by susanstotz@Jun 14th, 2004 - 8:38 am

Maxima could have thought (if she wanted to) of saying something else than that she believes her father when he says that he knew nothing about etc.

She might believe him but I can not. Everytime I see his face I think the regime he was a member of.
Very understandable and I think he should have made some sort of big announcement renouncing the regim & explaining himself in some way but I'm sure he has to ask Maxima if that would be okay by the Royal Court. I'm sure he's afraid to say anything without the blessing of the royal court as to not cause problems for Maxima.

Also please remember that what Maxima says is strictly controled by the Royal Court but yes I agree with you. However I think I did hear that she denounced that gov & went on to say more in a press conference. I wish I could find the article. Anyhow I think he court thought it best to drop the subject & not keep feeding the fires. I'm not sure if their approach was good enough though. I would have liked a press confrence for her father & another big one for Maxima focusing on denouncing that gov.

Originally posted by Angel S.@Jun 14th, 2004 - 8:11 am

I can't speak for Maxima's father but it's possible he was just trying to do his job & take care of his family & that he was not at all in favor of that form of gov. But I can't say for sure if he was in favor or not. I don't think he has ever spoken about it to the public.

Participatig in a regime that routinely stole babies? That injected paralyzing drugs into dissidents and then dropped them from airplanes to die--alive but paralyzed? He was high enough up that he knew enough of what was going on--to make a living in Argentina at that time, one did not have to work for the government.

Originally posted by Bubbette+Jun 14th, 2004 - 9:24 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bubbette @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 9:24 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Angel S.@Jun 14th, 2004 - 8:11 am

Participatig in a regime that routinely stole babies? That injected paralyzing drugs into dissidents and then dropped them from airplanes to die--alive but paralyzed? He was high enough up that he knew enough of what was going on--to make a living in Argentina at that time, one did not have to work for the government. [/b][/quote]
Explain it to me please I don't know enough about how the regime worked over there because in Cuba the government owned it all therefore everyone worked for the gov. And of course we all knew what horrible things they did but it's not like you could do anything about it without getting yourself or your family killed.

Originally posted by susanstotz+Jun 14th, 2004 - 6:05 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (susanstotz @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 6:05 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Hannelore@Jun 12th, 2004 - 6:27 am
<!--QuoteBegin-royal_sophietje
@Jun 12th, 2004 - 6:05 am
Grandfather Zorro was very touched. Sweet.

Maybe he was touched by the priest saying how people become devils in times of war. Let's hope so.

I thought his tears were repulsive. He was a bad egg in church [/b][/quote]
Repulsive? He's the baby's grandfather who is also at the christening. It is quite normal for family to be emotional at events like this.

The maxima´s father is a murder!!!!!

Originally posted by corazon@Jun 14th, 2004 - 7:26 pm
Murderer or not, the man is still Catharina-Amalia's grandfather and the future Queen of the Netherlands.

However one feels about Maxima, her father is still her father, and her father is still the future Queen Catharina-Amalia's grandfather.

Originally posted by Genevieve+Jun 14th, 2004 - 7:11 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Genevieve @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 7:11 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-corazon@Jun 14th, 2004 - 7:26 pm
Murderer or not, the man is still Catharina-Amalia's grandfather and the future Queen of the Netherlands.

However one feels about Maxima, her father is still her father, and her father is still the future Queen Catharina-Amalia's grandfather. [/b][/quote]
Funny phrasing...so are we looking at HM Queen Zorro of the Netherlands? :p

Soo...I'm not too familiar with this Argentinian regime that "routinely stole babies". Could someone explain to me why this regime was so "evil"?

And the official pictures??????

Congratulations Princess Catharina-Amalia

Crown Princess Maxima's costume and hat is excellence very very beautiful
Princess Mahtilde is excellence

Princess Catharina-Amalia look like her father CP Williem Alexander

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 15th, 2004 - 10:33 pm

Little Amalia seemed so tired during the baptism. She´s yawning in a lot of pictures. Had she a sleepless night, because she was so excited, knowing that this would be her first real public engagement ;)
Must have been excited or was out the previous night crusing the bars way past her bedtime. :p

I'm really excited about the Royal Press photos from Anna, Isabella, Eloise, Lucas and Claus jr. So far I haven't seen close-up photos of the little children. Very nice, thank you mr. Nieboer!

All the babies born 7 December will be present 21 June at Het Loo Palace.Plus a photo will be taken, together with Amalia.

Today it was baby day at Palace Het Loo. About three hundred baby's showed up. Princess Amalia, the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima couldn´t find any possibility to attend although they liked the idea and hoped that everyone had fun. Many parents were disappointed.

picture

Back
Top Bottom