Baptism of Princess Ariane: October 20, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
Quoting Henri M.

The Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Service) has announced that the baptism of Her Royal Highness Princess Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau will take place at the Kloosterkerk (Cloister Church) in The Hague, October 20th 2007.

Princess Ariane is the third daughter of Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima. She is the fourth in the line of succession after her father and her sisters Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia.

In 1625 Frederik Hendrik of Nassau, Prince of Orange married Amalia Countess von Solms-Braunfels in the Kloosterkerk.

In 1691 Willem III of Nassau, Prince of Orange came to the Kloosterkerk after he was crowned King of England, Scotland and Ireland.

In 1896 the then 16-year-old Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands attended the Last Supper for the first time, marking her confirmation.

The Kloosterkerk is the Queen's private church, where she regularly joins the congregation.

Here the announcement of the baptism (in Dutch).

The service will be lead by Rvd. Deodaat van der Boon, who also baptised Alexia in Wassenaar. The reverend usually preaches at the Dorpskerk in Wassenaar. The music will be performed by the residentie kamerkoor (residence chamber choir) under fdirection of Jos Vermunt

:flowers:I'm very excited about the christening. We saw the three girls at Crown Prince Willem-Alexander's birthday so I am looking forward to seeing the other Orange-Nasseu children Eloise, Claus-Casimir, Leonor, Luana and Zaria. I'm sure they have changed so much

It might be a stupid quesion, but do we know who will attend (from the other RFs) and who godparents will be?
I don't mean to start endless speculation, just facts or the fairly certain.

It might be a stupid quesion, but do we know who will attend (from the other RFs) and who godparents will be?
I don't mean to start endless speculation, just facts or the fairly certain.

they usually release the announcement of the godparents and guests sooner the date, so we will soon know!

True, just a week or even a few days before the actual baptism. I don´t expect a huge royal turn-out though, just the Dutch RF and maybe the obligatory royal godparent & spouse.

So sort of the same scale as for Isabella's or maybe even smaller? I'm looking foreward to it!

Wonder why Ariane is getting baptised in the Hague - wasn't her sister Alexia baptised in Wassenaar?

Wonder why Ariane is getting baptised in the Hague - wasn't her sister Alexia baptised in Wassenaar?

Alexia was yes, but Amalia was christened in The Hague too :) All three at different churches I believe as well

The Dorpskerk in Wassenaar was too small to host all the people they wanted to invite last time, so they looked for a bigger place. And the Kllosterkerk is just perfect for that, it is the Queens regular church and it is located between all kinds of (former) palaces, on the Lange Voorhout/Kneuterdijk.

The Dorpskerk in Wassenaar was too small to host all the people they wanted to invite last time, so they looked for a bigger place. And the Kllosterkerk is just perfect for that, it is the Queens regular church and it is located between all kinds of (former) palaces, on the Lange Voorhout/Kneuterdijk.

Thanks for the answers, Marengo and JessRulz! Agree the famous historic Kloosterkerk makes all the sense in the world (plus it's in the Hague and I've never had a thing for snootier-than-thou Wassenaar anyways!):flowers:

Last edited:
The programme:

10.00 hr Arrival of guests
11.05 hr Arrival of representatives of the Corps Diplomatique,
chairmen of the first and second chamberm the prime
minister, mayor of The Hague
11.10 hr Arrival of the Royal family, fgodparents and other special
guests
11.10 hr Arrival of the Prince of Orange, Princess Maxima and their
daughters
11.15 hr Start live broadcasting on Ned1
11.30 hr Christening service
12.45 hr Guests will leave

Last edited:
Thanks for the programme. The service seems to be short. Will the cp couple hold a small lunch after the baptism for the guest's.

according to that program on dutch tv that is on every day arond 7 pm, their royal commentator said the royal godparent would be Leatizia because, the other two girls had......... as royal godparent (one of them was mette marit I think) and he could see a pattern.He had then called the spanish embassy and they had confirmed that Leatizia would be in Holland on Saterday but not for what event, wonder if it true :online2lo

True, just a week or even a few days before the actual baptism. I don´t expect a huge royal turn-out though, just the Dutch RF and maybe the obligatory royal godparent & spouse.

I hope Letizia will be one of the godmothers of Princess Ariane :flowers:

The Royal House site opened a special page dedicated to the upcoming baptism.You will find all information here,soon.
Het Koninklijk Huis

:flowers:

Thank you very much for share the information with us!
Will they public the names of the godparents in this page?

Thank you very much for share the information with us!
Will they public the names of the godparents in this page?

Yes,but not untill the service has started saturday I'm afraid.
:flowers:

OH! so nothing about the gogparents before.
All we can do is to wait for!, thank you!

Can we get to see it live online also? Through RTL or something like that?

Oh..I really like to wait! It adds some espectative to the events. I'm one of these who doesn't likes to know all things in advance.

Of course I'm very anxious for I want to see how Princess Ariana is looking after so much time without seeing her! :w00t2: I'm very excited thinking about it!

Vanesa.

Oh..I really like to wait! It adds some espectative to the events. I'm one of these who doesn't likes to know all things in advance.

Of course I'm very anxious for I want to see how Princess Ariana is looking after so much time without seeing her! :w00t2: I'm very excited thinking about it!

Vanesa.

i totally agree. i love expectation, although i sometimes wish i knew things, but then it gets more exciting after all. i'm sure ariane will hve grown cuter and cuter and can't wait to see her (and amalia and alexia also) at the baptism. we may even be lucky and see magali with floris and aimee!

New posting on the dutch royal website
Peters en meters

Tijdens de doopdienst van Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Ariane der Nederlanden, zaterdag 20 oktober in de Kloosterkerk te Den Haag, treden mevrouw Valeria Delger en mevrouw Inés Zorreguieta op als meter van de dopeling. Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Erfgroothertog Guillaume van Luxemburg, Tijo Baron Collot d’Escury en de heer Anton Friling zijn peter

but as Im not able to translate however I think it is giving the names of the godparents. Can anyone help me. It would appear Ines Zorreguieta, Guillaume of Luxemburg dont know the others.

Last edited:
New posting on the dutch royal website
Peters en meters

Tijdens de doopdienst van Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Ariane der Nederlanden, zaterdag 20 oktober in de Kloosterkerk te Den Haag, treden mevrouw Valeria Delger en mevrouw Inés Zorreguieta op als meter van de dopeling. Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Erfgroothertog Guillaume van Luxemburg, Tijo Baron Collot d’Escury en de heer Anton Friling zijn peter

but as Im not able to translate however I think it is giving the names of the godparents. Can anyone help me. It would appear Ines Zorreguieta, Guillaume of Luxemburg dont know the others.

yes! that appears to be a list of godparents!
-Valeria Delger
-Ines Zorreguieta
-Guillaume of Luxembourg
-Tijo Baron Collot d’Escury
-Anton Friling

Well this is the official guestlist and Felipe, Letizia and MM are not on the list. On the bottom though (I think but my dutch is far from perfect) it says that another 850 invitees will be there. Could it be, that they wills till be there? I sure hope so
  • De heer J.H. Zorreguieta en mevrouw M. del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta
  • Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Margriet der Nederlanden en professor mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven
  • Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Irene der Nederlanden
  • Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Friso van Oranje-Nassau, Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Mabel van Oranje-Nassau, Luana Gravin van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg en Zaria Gravin van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg
  • Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Constantijn der Nederlanden, Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Laurentien der Nederlanden, Eloise Gravin van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg, Claus-Casimir Graaf van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg en Leonore Gravin van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg
  • De heer Juan Zorreguieta
  • Mevrouw Inés Zorreguieta
  • Hare Hoogheid Prinses Annette van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Isabella van Vollenhoven en Samuel van Vollenhoven
  • Hare Hoogheid Prinses Anita van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven en Emma van Vollenhoven
  • Zijne Hoogheid Prins Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven
  • Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Carlos Hugo de Bourbon de Parme
  • Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Jaime de Bourbon de Parme
Daarnaast zijn ongeveer 850 officiële genodigden, vrienden en bekenden van Hunne Koninklijke Hoogheden de Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima, in de kerk aanwezig.
© RVD

Last edited by a moderator:
No Marilene, Maurits, Anastasia, Lucas, Felicia, Bernhardand Pieter-Christiaan van Vollenhoven , none of the Guillermo's, Carlos, Maria-Carolina and Margarita of Bourbon-Parma are absent and no Princesses Irene or Christina either and none of the Guillermo kids (as usual), a small turn out indeed! Anyway, nice to see the other young members of the RF, haven't seen them for a while...

Last edited:
No Marilene, Maurits, Anastasia, Lucas, Felicia, Bernhardand Pieter-Christiaan van Vollenhoven , none of the Guillermo's, both Maria-Carolina and Margarita of Bourbon-Parma are absent and no Princesses Irene or Christina either, a small turn out indeed! Anyway, nice to see the other young members of the RF, haven't seen them for a while...

Princess Irene is on the guest list Marengo, 3rd line down :)

Back
Top Bottom