Baptism of Princess Alexia: November 19, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fabienne Delvigne is the milliner that works for Natan (apart from having her own business), so that's no surprise.

I Noticed the Duke of Brabant there I Have 2 questions
1 How are the Duke of Brabant and Prince of Orange related
2 why was Princess Mathilde chosen as Godmother but Phillipe was not Godfather

thanks in Advance :)

Princess Alexia was very sweet, she looks like her sister!!

Royal Fan said:
I Noticed the Duke of Brabant there I Have 2 questions
1 How are the Duke of Brabant and Prince of Orange related
2 why was Princess Mathilde chosen as Godmother but Phillipe was not Godfather

thanks in Advance :)

I dont think its customary to have a husband and wife godparent team. for instance, laurentien is godmother to leah isadora but constantijn is not. maxima's bro martin is godfather to amalia but his wife isnt.

i'm not sure if they are related very directly. i am currently reading about the history of the belgian royal family and i'll tell you if i find anything, but if they are related its very distant.

pollyemma said:
I dont think its customary to have a husband and wife godparent team. for instance, laurentien is godmother to leah isadora but constantijn is not. maxima's bro martin is godfather to amalia but his wife isnt.

i'm not sure if they are related very directly. i am currently reading about the history of the belgian royal family and i'll tell you if i find anything, but if they are related its very distant.

They are not related ( by bloodband ). But before Belgium became an independent country ( 1830) , they belonged to the Netherlands , named as the United Netherlands . The King was Willem . That's why Belgium and the Netherlands have a strong relationship with eachother .

pollyemma said:

They both descend from King Willem I of the Netherlands. Willem I second son Frederik had a daughter, Louise who became Queen of Sweden. Her daughter Lovisa became Queen of Denmark. She had a daughter Ingeborg who married Carl of Sweden, this couples daughter Astrid is Philipe's grandmother.

Another way: they lso descend from Stadholder Willem IV. The Belgians through his daughter Carolina who married the Furst of Nassau-Weilburg. Their descendant Sophia of Nassau became Queen of Sweden and her granddaughter Astrid married King Leopold III of the Belgians. The dutch RF descend from both Henriette and Willem IV's son Willem V. They descend from Carolina through Helena of Nassau (sister of Sophie) who was the mother of Emma of Waldeck-Pyrmont, who became our Queen.

I think both Amalia and Alexia look like their father and their Grandmother.

By whom was Alexia carried into church?

As far as I remember was Amalia carried into by her aunt Laurentien and Ariane by her aunt Ines.

It´s great to re-visit the baptism of little Alexia. How gorgeous was Amalia with her long velvet dress. And what a personality already. I think Amalia takes after her Father and Grandmother. As we see now, little Alexia is much more like Maxima.

Out of all the looks at her daughters christenings, her outfit at Alexia's is my favorite. The blue outfit was so regal and exquisite. Her headpiece however was too much. Nevertheless, she looked wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom