Baptism of Princess Alexia: November 19, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anybody know what was said by the Godparents on Princess Alexia?
i remember on Amalia's baptism the godparents said all the beautiful words during the ceremony.

Photos from Newscom

Attachments

• dpaphotos031011.jpg
    dpaphotos031011.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 179
  • dpaphotos031013.jpg
    dpaphotos031013.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 177
  • dpaphotos031018.jpg
    dpaphotos031018.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 280
  • dpaphotos031019.jpg
    dpaphotos031019.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 192
  • gamma273005.jpg
    gamma273005.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 334
  • gamma273007.jpg
    gamma273007.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 265
  • gamma273009.jpg
    gamma273009.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 238
  • gamma273010.jpg
    gamma273010.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 212
  • gamma273015.jpg
    gamma273015.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 303
  • dpaphotos031010.jpg
    dpaphotos031010.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 179
More photos from Newscom

Attachments

• gamma273029.jpg
    gamma273029.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 172
  • gamma273037.jpg
    gamma273037.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 192
  • gamma273035.jpg
    gamma273035.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 184
  • gamma273034.jpg
    gamma273034.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 200
  • gamma273033.jpg
    gamma273033.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 164
  • gamma273031.jpg
    gamma273031.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 172
  • gamma273024.jpg
    gamma273024.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 179
  • gamma273022.jpg
    gamma273022.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 296
  • gamma273018.jpg
    gamma273018.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 193
  • gamma273017.jpg
    gamma273017.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 177
thanks for the photos mandyy i like there outfits

Alexandria said:

It is Juan Zorreguietta and one of his halfsisters, maybe Delores Zorreguietta.
I found it a bit strange that neither Martin nor Inez Zorreguitta attended the baptism.

A happy suprise was brought by Princess Margarita, she seems to be accepted again by the Royal Family, and was seated on the 2nd row with her brother Carlos (only Jaime was absent).

Another happy surprise was the reverend, he had a nice sermon and his voice doesnt annoy me (as the one of Ds. C. ter Linden does). Apparently he had a number of conversations with the PoO and Maxima in which they talked about the role of their religion in their daily life, about why baptism is significant for them etc.

Amalia simply stole the show, running around, utering ome words and plucking her mothers hat. Eloise seemed especially proud of her first purse. The best dressed woman was for me Maria del Carmen Zorreguietta, closely followed by Mathilde and Maxima. Mabel should apply for the next movie of the Adams Family, maybe they need a new Morticia.

Mathilde expressed the following wish:

Sweet Alexia, I wish you the very best for your future, that you may grow up as a beautiful, generous personality in the warm family of your parents and your big sister Amalia. I wish that you may be intensly happy and that you may bring joy to many, especially to those who are in difficulties. That you may grow up as a forcefull (krachtige) woman who will be lead by (...-couldn't understand this word-) values.

The PoO and Maxima made the perfect choise of selecting Mathilde as a godmother. I did not expect it but this is the best choise they could make. And Mathilde made such a beautiful wish for the baby & she always looks with so much genuine affection to people around her. Her dutch is charming btw.

Johan-Friso was his grumpy self again and with an angry face uttered the wish that he hoped that Alexia could make her own choises in life (he has such a dislike for his royal status).

Alexia i such a beatiful baby. Cant wait to see her in 5 years

Marengo said:

Sweet Alexia, I wish you the very best for your future, that you may grow up as a beautiful, generous personality in the warm family of your parents and your big sister Amalia. I wish that you may be intensly happy and that you may bring joy to many, especially to those who are in difficulties. That you may grow up as a forcefull (krachtige) woman who will be lead by (...-couldn't understand this word-) values.

Johan-Friso was his grumpy self again and with an angry face uttered the wish that he hoped that Alexia could make her own choises in life (he has such a dislike for his royal status).

thanks for these explanation, marengo. mathilde is genuinely sweet lady and spoke beautiful words...
so that was what Friso said that annoy lots of people?
what did Juan Zorreguita and the other godparents said?
i didn't watch the baptism telecast.

I cannot remember exactly but Juan spoke about wishing her joy and happiness. He was very nervous when he spoke. Alexandra quoted an enlish poem, which ended with the line 'but above all I wish you love'. Frans de Beaufort wished her genuine friendship (among other things). I liked Mathilde's wish best though (she will be an excellent godmother), after that the one of Frans de Beaufort.

It wasn't WHAT Friso said but HOW he said it. Looking very angry (as always), furthermore his wish streses the impression I have of him: he hates being royal and likes to complain about it.

liked Mathilde 's wish best of all too.
Maxima looked beautiful.
Mabel, not only the vampirish colour of her lipstick but she was looking around constantly like a praying mantis.
The colour of the tie of Maurits was :eek: , if he did not have that gorgeous face....
The press would have had a fieldday if Amalia sat on her grandfathers lap, but maybe that is just me, he continues to repulse me.

Marengo said:
I cannot remember exactly but Juan spoke about wishing her joy and happiness. He was very nervous when he spoke. Alexandra quoted an enlish poem, which ended with the line 'but above all I wish you love'. Frans de Beaufort wished her genuine friendship (among other things). I liked Mathilde's wish best though (she will be an excellent godmother), after that the one of Frans de Beaufort.

It wasn't WHAT Friso said but HOW he said it. Looking very angry (as always), furthermore his wish streses the impression I have of him: he hates being royal and likes to complain about it.

Emily said:
How far is the drive between Brussels and Amsterdam? Does anyone know if Phillippe and Mathilde would have driven in this morning or flown in?

I always take the train from Brussels to Amsterdam (often faster than by car IMO) and that's about 2h40. But since Mathilde & Filip have a private jet and their own helicopter, I suppose the flew.

Marengo: Mathilde expressed the following wish: Sweet Alexia said:
She said "diepe waarden" (a woman who will be lead by deep/profound values".

I liked Mathilde's wish best too, very beautiful (a bit like the fairies standing around the cradle in that fairytale - what was it again?). Mr. de Beauffort's and Maxima's friend's were nice as well. Juan Zorreguieta made a very strange impression standing there as if he didn't know what to say ("I wish you ehh... happiness ... ehh...), and that poor Friso, not being able to produce a single smile on his own godchild's baptism!

I thought Maxima looked very elegant. The hat was a risk, but she gets away with any hat, she's got a face for it! Both Mathilde and Maxima were dressed by Natan and their hats (or ornaments) both came from Fabienne Delvigne.

Amalia was very cute indeed. But looked a bit like a little dressed up christmas tree in that dress, it was a bit too much IMO with that giant ribbon on her back. But a clever sweet little thing!

Alexia is a pretty baby, prettier than her big sister was. Very sweet how she was sucking her mother's finger...

I liked the way laurentien looked too. And Eloise was sweet with her little purse :)

Thank you both for the idea of how they traveled and for the complete translation of Mathilde's blessing to Alexia. Mathilde has a great gift for striking the right chord on almost every occasion. We are all lucky that Phillippe found her!

did anyone else think Mathilde's hair color was a bit weird.

i think perhaps she needs to touch up her roots.:rolleyes:

#1-3:hotos from ANP
#4-9: Newscom

Attachments

• 3206022.jpg
    3206022.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 3206101.jpg
    3206101.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 3206082.jpg
    3206082.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 156
  • wennphotos165658.jpg
    wennphotos165658.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 190
  • wennphotos165660.jpg
    wennphotos165660.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 238
  • wennphotos165663.jpg
    wennphotos165663.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 229
  • wennphotos165668.jpg
    wennphotos165668.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 166
  • wennphotos165673.jpg
    wennphotos165673.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 231
  • wennphotos165687.jpg
    wennphotos165687.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Mathilde really looks very radiant and elegant.at the same time.:) ;)

I just watched the video...
oh my gosh... little Amalia is really really adorable. she has cute cute voice...
i'm glad she's becoming cheerful and radiate fun & joyfulness everytime we saw her, just like her grandmother and her mother.

purple_platinum said:
I just watched the video...
oh my gosh... little Amalia is really really adorable. she has cute cute voice...
i'm glad she's becoming cheerful and radiate fun & joyfulness everytime we saw her, just like her grandmother and her mother.

I agree. her little voice is sooooooooo cute. when she said "ik ben amalia" i just about fell off my chair.

its wonderful that she is becoming so confident in public.

Can someone please do a fashion makover on the Dutch royal ladies. The outfits were aweful. I really like Maxima's hat but the flower could have been a little smaller. The two best ladies were Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia.

Lourdes said:
Can someone please do a fashion makover on the Dutch royal ladies. The outfits were aweful. I really like Maxima's hat but the flower could have been a little smaller. The two best ladies were Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia.

I'm with you. Maxima is the only one of Beatrix's daughters in law with anything that could be called a "fashion sense."

Marilene, Margriet's d-i-l,usually does well, but this was not really her day.

the style of Maxima's outfit was ok but that hat...and where on earth did she get the idea that she looks good in grey????

I forgot to mention that I really like the official pictures. Very nice and classy, and they radiate the warmth and kindness of the baptism ceremony IMO.

Maxima is always so elegant. Mathilde is very beautiful too, I like her very much.
Alexia is so cute...jeje

Lovely photos everybody, thank you!

Maxima looked gorgeous, her hat was breathtaking and she just gloweed, she was every inch the proud mother. Willem-Alexander was very sweet with his permanent smile! As for the lady of the day, Alexia, she is beautiful mashallah and incredibly alert! Her big sister also looks like c complete madame! A lovely little family.

Maxima was astonishing, very elegant and so happy, always with that big and beautiful smile. Alexia is so cute and adorable. And Amalia is getting beautiful as she grows. The official pictures are lovely and they show a very happy family. Very nice.

Marengo said:

I just love this wish, did Mathilde write it herself?:confused:

Last edited:
pollyemma said:
did anyone else think Mathilde's hair color was a bit weird.

i think perhaps she needs to touch up her roots.:rolleyes:

Mathide's hair has always been darker at the roots with blonde highlights - not sure if they're natural or not though.:confused:

But, either way, I think it suits her and she is a very beautiful woman even if her hair isn't one color!:)

Last edited:
Layla1971 said:
Mathide's hair has always been darker at the roots with blonde highlights - not sure if they're natural or not though.:confused:

Nut, either way, I think it suits her and she is a very beautiful woman even if her hair isn't one color!:)

yeah, i agree. though this time the contrast between dark and blond was really exceptionally strong. though Mathilde is always so "in control" i dont think she'd make an important public appearance without touching up her roots first.

pollyemma said:
yeah, i agree. though this time the contrast between dark and blond was really exceptionally strong. though Mathilde is always so "in control" i dont think she'd make an important public appearance without touching up her roots first.

Mathilde's hair:
Here's a pic from at least 2 years ago. From Bruno Press.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/Layla1971/02.jpg

And, one from the christening. From Polfoto.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/Layla1971/ap4725508zq.jpg

And, I know moderators, I'm going off-topic!:D

Last edited:
I loved Maxima's outfit: the grey was a lovely soft color, and her makeup was perfect with it. Great fit. Nice hair. Lovely black pearl earrings. And the long, lace spilling out of the cuffs! - I've always thought this style was elegant and.

Hat a little too big, but even so lovely.

I didn't like Carmen's outfit (and I usually think she is very elegant): the skirt is too trendy for someone her age, the color washed her out (unlike Maxima's gray).

ap3 said:
lovely.

I didn't like Carmen's outfit (and I usually think she is very elegant): the skirt is too trendy for someone her age, the color washed her out (unlike Maxima's gray).

i guess the skirt was a bit trendy but i liked the long length. i thought that was nice for an older lady. she looked regal.

Dutch Royals and the symbol of the Dove

Hola published an interesting article about this theme. Here is a rough translation of the article. (:eek: I am sorry for any mistake in the translation, I have no time to check it...)

All babies born in the Dutch Royal Family in the last century worn this brooch the day of their baptism

Allthough many baptismal traditions of Dutch Royal Family have been changed through the years, others, as the christening gown and the historical brooch that wears the new born during the religious ceremony, have remained unalterable in the successive generations of the Orange Family.

In a spontenous ceremony, like her older sister, princess Catherine-Amalia, the small Alexia was baptized with water of the Jordán river and the familiar gown. A precious christening gown, that was made specially for the baptism of Queen Guillermina, in 1880, with embroidery of Brussels. The dress has been used in the last years for the baptisms of Queen Juliana and Queen Beatrix - respectively great-grandmother and grandmother of the neophyte -; her father, prince Guillermo; her uncle Friso and Constantino and, for the last time, as we said by her sister and future Heiress to the throne of Holland, princess Catherine-Amalia. And, showing the historical brooch- a dove of white gold and brilliants taken before by all their predecessors.

Traditions apart, everyone can see how intimate and sponteaneous these cerimonies are at the kingdom of Holland. Thus, the baptism of princess Alexia could be said that was touching, very pleasant and, also, moved enough: the protagonist of the day was smiling during all the celebration, as well as playing with her mother's brooch; princess Catherine-Amalia, older sister of the litle one, was hardly quiet and, even, in a pair of occasions, rose of her seat and began to cross the central corridor of the temple, without paying attention to princess Maxima who indicated with gestures to return to her place; her greater cousin, Eloísa, who looked a young lady, was very proud of the small purse with which she attended the celebration; the Choir of Children dedicated a charming song to litle Alexia and offered her and her sister with two bibles; without forgetting, personal desires of the godparents. Specially, the sweet words of princess Mathilde to Alexia and, also, Amalia.

Prince Constantin Prince Friso

source (article and photos): Hola.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom