A Baby Girl for Willem-Alexander and Maxima: December 7, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennism

Majesty
City
East of the sun and west of the moon
Country
United States
Congratulations to the parents.

im happy for Maxima and her newly daughter

Sara Boyce

Congrats to parents, and grandparents and so on... :D

Yes, a princess for Maxima and Willem Alexander. Very good.

i hope so!

i cant wait see her newly Princess baby. Im sure i would hardly wait for my cousin get herself a baby in month im so excited but my cousin have also girl!

Sara Boyce

Soon a digital picture will be published. Of course it will be posted here.

I can´t believe it!!!!!Congratulations,I´m absolutly delighted!!!!!!!!! ;) :heart:

"It's a dream of a baby, I feel happy and grateful!"

Willem's first reaction according to the communiqué

Okay, as we always do, what name suggestions are there for the new baby princess?

Definitely Juliana as a name.

What was Prince Claus' mom's or sisters names? Could we see one of their names in the little girl's full name? And names from Maxima's side of the family? Her mom's name?

Congratulations to Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima, The Dutch Royal Family, and the Dutch people! :flower:

Congratulations to Maxima and Willem Alexander and their families, too. God bless the new little family.

The Minister-President will officially announce the birth of the baby and congratulate the couple on behalf of the Government and the people.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 7th, 2003 - 11:43 am
Okay, as we always do, what name suggestions are there for the new baby princess?

Definitely Juliana as a name.

What was Prince Claus' mom's or sisters names? Could we see one of their names in the little girl's full name? And names from Maxima's side of the family? Her mom's name?
Yeah..I would love to see her named either after Prince Claus's mother or Maxima's mother or just after Maxima. But I think they should really make a tribute to the most beloved Prince Claus.

Whatever her name will be, it will be great if alot of girls of her generation can have the same name. It's cool to share your name with your queen!

What do you think the name(s) should be?

Do you think Willem and Maxima might give their daughter a very different (rather than traditional) first name? Like how Sophie wanted to name her daughter Daisy but in the end went for a slew of traditional, historical names instead.

Willem and Maxima's daughter could have some very traditional middle names, like Juliana, Beatrix, Willemena (sp), but a very modern first name?

I like Princess of Orange or Princess of Netherlands what you think?

Sara Boyce

you know what, i really thik they should break with the past and give her a name from scratch. what's the use of having another queen Juliana, queen Wilhelmina etc?? as third or fourth names - not too bad, but her first name shouled be hers and hers alone :rolleyes:

I LOVE the name Emma. It is pretty modern today, but yet still is semi-traditional. It has roots in the Dutch Royal Family. Queen Juliana's mother was Queen Emma.

Do you think the girl´s name will be announced at 18.oo

Originally posted by Gabriella@Dec 7th, 2003 - 11:51 am
I LOVE the name Emma. It is pretty modern today, but yet still is semi-traditional. It has roots in the Dutch Royal Family. Queen Juliana's mother was Queen Emma.
wait find out first!

Sara Boyce

Emma is a very nice suggestion. I like that name a lot. And it has a touch of the traditional/historical to it but modern at the same time.

I think, too, that Emma would be a very good choice! We will know very soon.

What was Claus' mom's and sisters names? And Maxima's mom's name?

Do you think there will be a name to honour Maxima's heritage?

How about Maria? There are Dutch Marias and there are Argentine Marias. Maybe not for a first name though.

Originally posted by liv@Dec 7th, 2003 - 11:53 am
Do you think the girl´s name will be announced at 18.oo
Yes, I am wondering what the protocol for the Dutch royals is on announcing names, too. I asked in the A Baby is Coming thread, but it got a bit lost after the confusion that it was a boy then a girl!

Do the Dutch royals announce the name as soon as Willem and Maxima have decided on one?

Or do they wait like the Danish royals do until the baptism/christening?

And like the British royals, do Willem and Maxima need Queen Beatrix's consent for the name of the baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom