Visit to Sogn & Fjordane 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anneke said:
On the website from Face tot Face there are many pics of Mette Marit and Haakon on tour to the West Coast of Norway.
Is there anybody who can enlarge these pics?
I can not do it.
As per our new rules concerning photo agencies and copyright, it is not allowed to post pictures from Face to Face here on The Royal Forums.

// GrandDuchess, The Royal Forums Super Moderator.

Larzen said:
* They will make a 5 day visit to India from October 30th to November 3 2006.
That's wonderful news! Is it a visit in connection with an aid organisation, or UNAIDS perhaps?
Larzen said:
A new gallup done for TV2 by TNS gallup shows that 9 out of 10 thinks Haakon and Mette-Marit will be a good King and Queen the day they take over, that is twice as many as three years ago.
Even if we don't know the details on this poll, that is great news! The couple has done such a great job since they got married, and they certainly earn the grown confidence and respect from their citizens.

GrandDuchess said:
That's wonderful news! Is it a visit in connection with an aid organisation, or UNAIDS perhaps?
Not AFAIK, the press has written about the India trip for a log time, it was supposed to be a state visit by the King and Queen but since the Kings doctors recomended him no travels outside Europe this year, Haakon and Mette-Marit is going instead, but it might be some aid visits as part of the trip, its 5 days afterall.

When they got to Stryn (pic 1 and 2) the last rest of the Norwegian summer was gone and the rain poored down;)

scanpix/NRK

firdaposten has an own page for the visit that also includes videos
http://www.firda.no/nyhende/kultur/article2276533.ece

BT has a smal article saying the 15 km road between Innvik and Olden was to narrow so they had to close the road for toher traffic so the royal car could fit, its a small road, but still, they are not riding in tanks, nor is there any snow, and I gather the fire trucks can get around there when there is other traffic. Or do they have extra super broad limo:wacko: The locals told the papers it is a pitty the royals cant see how bad the road is when they drive there every day, and that they have gotten promises it will *maybe* be fixed in 2014.

Also pictures on the link
http://www.bt.no/lokalt/sf/article295685.ece

I adore MM's clothing!!! She is so un-pretentious! I very much like that! But what impresses me most is their so obvious love they have for each other. Look at this body language! I really think their love will last forever!

this evening she wore her national costume, the one she got for her confirmation, I think it is from Rogaland. The photographer notes she did not want wine;O)

A selection from REX from the dinner yesterday and today

Last edited:
thankss for the photos larzen.
the princess this smiling one and I see beautiful it in these very pincs !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I love that red coat it looks great on her!!!Yeay...

Wine - No thank you

Crown Princess Mette-Marit has barely taken her seat before she was offered wine. Quckily but politely she refused it. With a friendly gesture she signalled she did not wish wine for dinner. Wednesday evening she and Haakon was guests of honor at a dinner at Hotel Alexandra. That the Crown Princess refuses wine will in certain german magazines by a certain sign that she is again pregnant. German publishers has admittet they have several time fabricated stories about her saying no than you to alcohol. However most likely she does it because she is working, and therefor usually chooses non alcholic drinks. 70 guests were at the dinner where Sogn og Fjordane County administration was the host. Mette-Marit came in her beautiful Rogalands bunad. That way she dont have to see oppinions on her dresses, wether it is Norwegian design or not, and ofcourse in beautiful Stryn, bunad is the normal dress code when there is a party.
quick tranlsation from
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1448621.ece

Royal media hustle

- Now is the royal cortege infront of the press buss. We need to speed it up, so they will pul over and let us pass.

Along narrow and bendy roads at the west coast, the royal cortege is on its way to Kvia in Breim. Just behind drives a buss loaded with cameras, notepads and press. The Information secretary have just gotten the message that they are driving behind the Crown Prince couple. That is not supposed to happen. The press is going to be there first. More than 60 reporters and photographers follows Haakon and Mette-Marit on their 3 day trip in Sogn og Fjordane. They come from German Television, UK Press, sunnmørsposten and NRK

Everyone has gotten 8 pages with information that says where everyone is supposed to be every minute. "The media covers from marked spot" ...etc. Twic during the trip the press gets the possibility to ask questions, that Rolf Seelman-Eggebert thinks is splendid,

- Oh it is so easy to work with the Nrowegian royals compare to the ones in Spain and England, you get so close, says the experienced Royalreporter from Germany. He and his Camera team has travelled to Nordfjord to film for a documentary they are making for King Haralds 70th birthday next year. The program will be showm prime time and Seelmann-Eggebert thinks it will get 4 million viewers.

- The scandinavian royal houses are extremely popular in Germany, we dont have any royals our self so we borrow yours, says the reporter that has covered the royals for 20 years. He thinks many likes to follow the royals because they give continuity.

The Crown Prince Couple has arrived in Kvia, the Press buss never got past them, but stops right behind, Everyone wants to get out at the same time.

-Let the photographers out first- says royal reporter Kjell Arne Totland in Se og HØr

He site calmly in his place and waits for his turn. Outside the Crown Prince Couple is passing by hordes of enthusiastic people and flags.

Quick translation from
http://www.bt.no/lokalt/sf/article295872.ece

No suprise VG is making an issue of the closed road yesterday and have talke to people who are not amused by that decision. Also it seems Haakon has done a "Carl Gustav" and said in his speech it is wonderful to be in Florø when he was infact in Sandane:ROFLMAO: Close, but stupid, conisdering he has already done a geography blunder once, during the Portugese state visit.

Foto special from se og hør with great close up details
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Reise/Feature/1.181270

Dinner, from REX

Last edited:
I don't know if refusing alcohol means she's pregnant. She just might not have wanted to drink.

Sigh, she looked fresh in red yesterday, but today it is full mourning it seems. and I guess this is the start for her season of dark, thick, colored stocking. They had nettle soup for lunch in a kindergarden.

REX

Last edited:
must say I really liked her in that red jacket, but was it me or was it a little small ???
Since having the children she has put on some weight ( which I think really suits her ) but now she has more of a bust , and I think she still dress's like she use when her bust was a bit smaller, she really needs to change her top style a bit to give a more flattering look , only notice this because she is the same size as me now, and I have to really whatch what I wear , round neck lines just arent good for a chest !

Oh sm1939 I did like the red suit a lot but I must say that I like her very much in dark clothes since she's so white and her hair is so light I guess dark colors suit her very well, IMO.

I loved her red coat yesterday!! It looked wonderful, the best she's looked on this trip! The white suit didn't look good on her because her hair is so fair. Thanks for the pictures Larzen!!

Sunnmørsposten has some picture specials as well
7.9 Hornidal and Eid
http://www.sunnmorsposten.no/services/viewer/default.asp?item=679,78&lang=1
6.9 Stryn
http://www.sunnmorsposten.no/services/viewer/default.asp?item=660,78&lang=1

From NRK
7.9 http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nrk_sogn_og_fjordane/1.966581

All pictures, articles and videos from NRK
http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nrk_sogn_og_fjordane/1.968853

I think it is quite noticable how much more put together she looked when she was travelling the country with the Queen during the coronation journey. It was a bit more formal and they visited bigger places, but just overall more care with how she presented herself. I dont know if it is that the Queen always travells with a hairdresser, I doubt there could have been one with her on this trip, is that was the case he or she should be fired. Sonja is a perfectionist from hat to toe (for better and worse), Mette-Marit is not, and I think it shows. She could have put a bit more though into the details when visiting places where there has not been royal visits for 1000 years, and not likely to be again anytime soon. But overall the trip seems to have been quite successful, lots of people and mostly positive press.

According to VG King Harald think it is important that all bigger (not one days visits like conferences and such) royal visits gets the same threatment no matter where in the country they take place. Therefor the royal limosine drives to where the royals have gone by plane (or train or boat) in Norway, so that they can step out of their own limo. (very environmentally friendly:wacko: )
http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article732220.ece
King Harald uses the limos alot in Oslo as well for representation, whilst the rest of the family usually comes in a normal size black audi or volvo, excpet when it is more formal occasions.

"The Royal Newsletter" has been updates with some more pictures and the most glaring spelling mistakes corrected:neutral: Still in two different fonts though.
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyleAll.asp?ogid=5&mgid=5&gid=501&aid=6120

Larzen said:
I think it is quite noticable how much more put together she looked when she was travelling the country with the Queen during the coronation journey. It was a bit more formal and they visited bigger places, but just overall more care with how she presented herself. I dont know if it is that the Queen always travells with a hairdresser, I doubt there could have been one with her on this trip, is that was the case he or she should be fired. Sonja is a perfectionist from hat to toe (for better and worse), Mette-Marit is not, and I think it shows. She could have put a bit more though into the details when visiting places where there has not been royal visits for 1000 years, and not likely to be again anytime soon. But overall the trip seems to have been quite successful, lots of people and mostly positive press.

I think she did quite well, apart from unfortunate details like dark stockings or that blouse that kept hanging below her jacket. Many of the things they did were outdoorsy kinds of activities, so she had to wear something practical without frills. I think it would have looked strange had she gone for the "feathery headpiece" look.

Thanks for the links, BTW.

quick question what is nettle soup? is it a traditional norwegian soup?

melmel said:
quick question what is nettle soup? is it a traditional norwegian soup?
I don't know if it's the same as in my country, but in Sweden, nettle soup is a very simple and good (for those who like nettles) soup based on nettles, bouillon/consommé/stock and sometimes also cream (the rest of the ingredients can vary).

Nettles in North America are sometimes commonly known as "Stinging Nettles". Here's some info from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nettles and there are lots of recipes on line- I have usually had Nettle Soup that included other vegetables as well (potatoes, carrots, celery etc.).

Azile

swedish papers reports that the crown princess may be pregnent due to that she said no to wine recently. But ehat i understand she does not often drink when representing.

i am so sorry Larzen i saw now that you already reported on this.

but maybe you know does she say yes to wine when reprecenting, not countinh when she is breastfeeding

Last edited:
The man next to them in the last picture is information secretary Sven Gj. Gjeruldsen, he used to be a reporter in Dagbladet before he changed sides. (From a republican paper to the palace:rolleyes: )

Norfjordeid, REX

*****************************************************************************************
Mette-Marit is going to London on september the 20th. She will open the exhibition 100% Norwegian as patron of the Norwegian council for design.
Read about the exhibition in english here It is the biggest presentation of Norwegian architecture and design abroad ever, and runs in conjunction with the London Design Festival according to Aftenposten

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom