Visit to Mexico - March 16th-20th 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this picture she doesn't drink the wine, she has only a glas wine in her hand! It's different. But okay, I shouldn't make speculating, I think she would hate it. It can be hard to hear and read stories, what are not true...

Mette Marit sick

After the lunch hosted by President Felipe Calderón and his wife Margarita Zavala at Chapultepec Castle, Mette-Marit suffered severe stomach pains and vomiting, which forced her to receive medical care emergency and stay in bed.
The press reported that perhaps the Crown Princess had eaten too much or that food was probably way too spicey (as her stomach isn't used to that). So the Couple arrived at the Oslo airport on Saturday late at night instead of Friday.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=542054

It's always something with her! I wonder how much sick leave she is getting this time.

It's always something with her! I wonder how much sick leave she is getting this time.
A bit harsh dont you think? Maybe she drank the water over there?:)
the food is very different from what she is probably used to eating. Or maybe she caught a bit of a cold and something did not sit well with her?
In any case, traveling is very hard on the body, not to mention time change, shortage of rest, ect.
I know last time she went some where, she tripped or fell and hurt her self and she got a lot of time to recuperate.
But still, she can't help it if she has a weak system and things affect her badly. She is still doing her job.

A bit harsh dont you think?

No. The odd thing is that nothing ever happens while she is off vacationing somewhere.

I also find it odd that she seems to cancel a trip due to illness, or somehow she either gets hurt or sick when she does go. Yet when she is on a family trip she seems to always do just fine. Maybe she is just one unlucky person when it comes to trips that have been planned for months.

Are you all sure she got sick after eating lunch in Mexico. As far as I have read in the norwegien newspapers, the journalists are playing a guessing game and nothing has been confirmed.

I also find it odd that she seems to cancel a trip due to illness, or somehow she either gets hurt or sick when she does go. Yet when she is on a family trip she seems to always do just fine. Maybe she is just one unlucky person when it comes to trips that have been planned for months.

Agree with you. She might have cought a stomach virus, or simply she suffers being on "representation trip" and she becomes more sensitive.

I do not like her especially, but we should not accuse her immediately.

May be she is pregnant!!!! :cool:

but she only got ill at the end of the trip , so she did all her duties didnt she,
so that is all that matters. now she can just have a rest

You keep saying she got sick, but in all honesty you don't know that she got sick. ? Some reporters say she did, but how did they know ?

it's so strange that mette marit seems to have problems so often when abroad. i recall one of her first trips abroad and her fear of flying, the chile stomach flu and how she fell while in ukraine.

Agree with you. She might have cought a stomach virus, or simply she suffers being on "representation trip" and she becomes more sensitive.

I do not like her especially, but we should not accuse her immediately.

May be she is pregnant!!!! :cool:

How reliable is this source? I highly doubt it was a stomach virus since Hakoon seemed fine and the president had more duties that day and he looked just fine. Maybe, just maybe she pigged out food she is not used to and had a stomach pain, they days had been hot...The revenge of Moctezuma!

I doubt the protocol people from the presidency would have prepared a menu too spicy considering the visitors, I know a person there and they are really careful with stuff like that, the last thing the want is give the wrong impression.

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2009/03/23/mette-marit-enferma/

Ironically, Hakoon praised mexican food in his speech on the dinner event:lol:

No. The odd thing is that nothing ever happens while she is off vacationing somewhere.

I guess they don't publish daily accounts on her health when they are vacationing privately - and neither should they.

well she looks ok from the picture of her arriving home,
the couple did the tour , everything went well looking forward to the next lots of pictures:flowers:

Its an old picture from 2007 when they embarked with the royal yacht for their county visit to troms

Thanks Larzen, I thought it was recent picture.
I should have known that since during the visit Mette-Marit wore light and here she's in black from head to toes :D

I really DO like Mexican food. Here in my country, spicy food is not very praised, but for some reason, I do like this kind of food. I'm like Prince Haakon, who said that mexican food is great. I share entirely his opinion on that mather.Princess from today seems to be too much delicate...However they are commoners, and must be used to life's harsh sides. Nevertherless, we are making such a fuss for nothing and the Crwonprincess Mette-Marit is pregnant. Oh, oh...Hope she is! Vanesa.

I have to agree, MM is quite often seek when on official trip. We don't hear so many stories about other royal women...It is odd.:ermm:
She had some nice outfits though during visit in Mexico. I liked her red jacket with flower printed skirt and eccentric belt; next nice outfit was her white dress she combined with gold sandals (during visit in Veracruz).
She should do something with her hair, cut them or keep them up. She should also lose some weight.

What do you think, if they are abroad, they spend any time also private there? Or they have only the official trips, and than they are back to Norway?
Mexico is so beautiful, and have interesting history, spent they there a few free days?

great question, too, I want to know if the prince and the princess were more days in Mexico, and why? because i know that th princess was sick, but i want to know exactly when they back to Norway.

Apparently they only came for the official visit.

Back
Top Bottom