Various News and Discussions about Haakon and Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The film about Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Kristin Eidså have been picked to play the Crown Princess Mette-Marit in visualization of the book "A typical day on the job" - Håvard Melnæs' story about working in the "Se og Her" tabloid.
Eidså have striking similarity with the Norwegian kronprinsesse, but has no acting experience. She said to "VG": I asked to try filming, and got the offer a week later. Mette-Marit has a major personality in real life and a sentral figure in the film, but the role is really quite small, "she said to the newspaper.
The book "A typical day on the job" came in 2007 and stirred debate with its depictions of "Se and Hor" journalistic methods.
Erlend Loe has written it into a screenplay, which is supported by the Norwegian film with 9 million.

The film is expected to go into production during 2009 or 2010, according to this site http://www.folkflestfilm.no/filmer_i_utvikling.

More information and pictures of the actors here:
fvn.no > Hun skal spille Mette-Marit på film
KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Hun skal spille Mette-Marit - Nettavisen
KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Hun skal spille Mette-Marit - Nettavisen
Synes du de likner? - kjendis - Dagbladet.no
http://www.p4.no/story.aspx?id=317280

I think Kristin Eidså and CP Mette-Marit look a lot alike. So lets wait and wathch the movie :flowers:

Last edited:
Haakon resemblance to Philippe of Flanders

Apologies if this has been noted before, but I was looking something up in Wikipedia today, and I came across a picture of Philippe, Count of Flanders (1837-1905). Is it just me, or does this guy bear a startling resemblance to Crown Prince Haakon?

Wikipedia painting of Philippe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:De_Graaf_van_Vlaanderen.jpg

Norwegian royal house website picture of Haakon: http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehuset/17/82/storage/file.image.jpg/Scale?geometry=372%3Ex454%3E

Last edited by a moderator:
I SAW A PHOTO IN AFTENPOSTEN IN WHERE THE NEWSPAPER SAID THAT THE PRINCE looks like frederick VIII of DANMARK, his great-grandfather. INCLUDING snapped COMPARATORS, AND I BELIVE THAT THIS CAN TO BE TRUE:flowers:

Philippe Count of Flanders is King Albert Ist of the Belgian 's father. There is absolutely no relationship with Haakon.
But I may believe he looks like Frederic VIIIof Danemark. They were a lot of weddings between the royal Houses of Danemark, Sweden and Norway.

:previous:
He does look a lot like Phillipe i think, looking at the pictures. Not so much King Federik. :flowers:

Philippe Count of Flanders is King Albert Ist of the Belgian 's father. There is absolutely no relationship with Haakon.
But I may believe he looks like Frederic VIIIof Danemark. They were a lot of weddings between the royal Houses of Danemark, Sweden and Norway.

Philippe and Haakon are indeed related in several ways. The first way that comes to my mind is via the Saxe-Coburgs:

Francis of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfield>Leopold I>Philippe

Francis of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfield>Victoria, Duchess of Kent>Queen Victoria>Edward VII>Maud>Olav>Harald>Haakon

(That makes them first cousins 5X removed.)

:previous:
He does look a lot like Phillipe i think, looking at the pictures. Not so much King Federik. :flowers:

I agree with you. When I saw the picture, I thought it WAS a painting of Haakon. Same nose, same hairline, same shaped eyes, same eyebrows. Haakon has a stronger chin, but with the beards/sideburns, you can barely tell the difference.

Count Philippe has blue eyes like most of the belgian royals,. Haakon has brown eyes.
Count Philippe doesn't smile and Haakon smiles.
One is an official painting, maybe the painter was asked to idealised the Count of Flanders , the other a real picture .

Prince Haakon's resemblance to Philippe, Count of Flanders is uncanny because they both have same eyes, mouth, nose and chin.

^^ Yes! Even their haircuts are similar.

So, what is the movie about. The journalist?

So, what is the movie about. The journalist?

The movie is about the begining of the relationship between crown prince and Mette-Marit. The press did play large part in the story too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom