The Babywatch.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You go to sleep and can sleep late and this happens. Honestly. And as I've got a dentist appointment in an hour, and a two-hour lecture after that... I can't follow this like I did when the Dutch princess was born. Sucks to be me.

But at least I'll have a new prince or princess to talk about in the coming years.

Good luck to Mette-Marit, and everybody here on board have fun.

Dentist, yesh. If only I'd known... but then I'd be at school now instead, without the news.

Too bad. A trip to the dentist. That stinks.

Here's a photo I saw recently. I'm sure everybody has seen it except for me:

12524d90.jpg

This is soooo exciting. It,s 7.30pm here in OZ and I'm thinking a BOY.....What do you guys think?

From Kongehuset.no about how they will announce the birth.

Det vil bli satt av et eget rom på Rikshospitalet for pressen i sykehusets hovedvestibyle. Under fødselen vil det ikke bli gitt noe informasjon fra Hoffets side.

Så raskt som mulig etter Kronprinsessens nedkomst, varsles den nærmeste familie og Stortingets President om at det er født en arving til Kronen. Deretter varsles Statsminister, Høyesterettsjustitiarius, biskopen i Oslo, Forsvaret og Kongelige i Europa. 

Når Stortingets President er varslet, sendes det ut en offisiell kunngjøring fra Det Kongelige Hoff på Kongehusets hjemmeside www.kongehuset.no

The press will have it's own room in the National Hospital's main lobby. There will be given no information from the Palace during the birth.

As quick as possible after the baby's born, the nearest family, and the president of the Storting will be told that an heir to the crown is born. After that the Prime Minister, the high court justice, the Bishop in Oslo, the Defence and Royals in Europe.

When the President of the Storting has been notified, an official announcement will come from the Royal Palace at the Royal family's webpage www.kongehuset.no

NRK.no claim they have reports every half hour from the hospital, in case anyone's interested.

The first female regent in over 600 years would be nice.

There are so many future Queen's born in the last few years, I think this will be a boy. (odds are) We'll see soon. Do the C.P couple know the sex of their baby?

And since Mette-Marit has been admitted to the hospital, the longest waiting time is over. Now we've just got to wait for news.

If they do, they haven't said anything. I tried the videos on NRK.no but you had to register and every time I did that, the window was blank. Odd.

Originally posted by CD.@Jan 21st, 2004 - 3:46 am
There are so many future Queen's born in the last few years, I think this will be a boy. (odds are) We'll see soon. Do the C.P couple know the sex of their baby?
Haakon has stated, in several interviews, that they wanted to be surprised.

Right. I knew that. Oops. Found a poll taken this morning.

Tror du Mette-Marit får en gutt eller jente?

Resultat:
Gutt 30%
Jente 19%
Bryr meg ikke 51%

Do you believe Mette-Marit will have a boy or girl?

Boy= 30%
Girl= 19%
Doesn't matter?= 51

And then I'm off to brush my teeth and have them looked at, as well as an lecture in Newer Norwegian history. Do you think there's a chance of us being allowed to watch the news, since this is history in the making? :p

Oh, and if the Crown Princess could hold on for a couple of hours more... maybe not. The baby's coming when it's coming.

I just hate to miss anything.

Here are them driving to the hospital:

Kronprinsparet_anko_131371k.jpg

Another poll:

Are you hoping for a boy or girl?

777 (23.3 %) boy
1134 (34.1 %) girl
1419 (42.6 %) Doesn't matter.

OK, nrk and tv2 are saying that the baby was born at 9.14 in the morning. If I understand correctly, it's a girl?
(I'll leave it to the Norweagian speakers to correct me!)

Mette-Marit fødte en datter klokken 09.14 onsdag formiddag.

- Vi bekrefter at Mette-Marit er innlagt på Rikshospitalet. Vi kan ikke gi noen flere detaljer foreløpig, sier informasjonssjef Wenche Rasch ved Slottet til TV 2 Nettavisen.

Den lille prinsesen blir Norges første dronning på over 600 år, når hun overtar som regent.

First Female Regent in 600 years!

datter= daughter

I'm so shocked...I thought a boy. I'm happy either way. Good on them.

Yep.

Jente. A girl.

"Alt befinner seg vel med mor og barn."

All is well for the mother and child.

Congratulations to Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, The Norwegian Royal Family, and the Norwegian people! :flower:

The prime minister and president of the Parliament have been informed.

The name will be disclosed in the Statsråd either today or tomorrow. Why not wait for the regular meeting on Friday? Too much excitement I guess. Can't wait to announce to the world the name of their little princess!

Aftenposten

A daughter was born to Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit at 9:14 am on Wednesday. Both mother and child were well. The crown princess checked into the maternity ward at Norway's Rikshospitalet University Hospital at about 4 am. The child, their first together, will become second in line to the throne, after Crown Prince Haakon.

The name of the newborn princess will first be announced known at a cabinet meeting later this week. There were rumors that an extraordinary meeting could reveal the name as early as later today.

Crown prince Haakon, who is also acting regent during King Harald's convalescence, drove his wife to the hospital himself, in the middle of a three-car motorcade. The crown princess was lying on her side in the back seat.

Security at the national hospital has been beefed up for the royal presence, with extra guards, especially around the maternity ward.

"I can confirm that we have tightened security, both out of consideration to the crown couple and to the hospital's other patients," said hospital security chief Randmod Omarhaug.

Omarhaug said that the hospital had gained experience from the previous royal birth last April, when Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn's daughter Maud Angelica arrived.

The media quickly besieged the hospital and by 6 am a separate room was designated as a press office. The announcement of the birth to the public took place here, but there was a strict procedure of notification that had to occur first.

Crown Prince Haakon, as acting regent, notified King Harald, Queen Sonja and other family members before passing on the news to Joergen Kosmo, president of Norway's parliament, the Storting.

Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik was the next to know, and he informed other government ministers. Then Supreme Court justice Tore Schei, the bishop of Oslo Gunnar Stalsett, the defense and other European royal houses were informed of the arrival of an heir to the throne.

For the first time in Norway the child will be an heir to the throne even if it is a girl. According to an opinion poll by Visendi for newspaper Dagsavisen, 20.7 percent of Norwegian men would have preferred the tradition of a male heir.

Women clearly disagree. Only four percent supported the idea that an heir apparent must be male.

Ugh, I missed the announcement, just... and I had a trip to the dentist that was a total waste, as I had looked at the wrong place in my calendar.

Poor Anne. That's too bad.

The Crown Princess' mother is on her way to Oslo from Kristiansand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom