Summer Holiday; 2003, 2005 - 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Genevieve said:
Haakon is a very caring stepfather to Marius, which is very nice to see. He dotes on Marius and plays with him and takes an active interest in his life even without Mette-Marit around. Marius is very lucky to have Haakon for a step-father.

I salute Haakon in his fathering capabilities. Marius needs a strong father figure and Haakon is providing it.

At first when he said he wanted to marry Mette-Marit, I was against it. But seeing Mette-Marit grow and change, I have changed my mind. She is doing a great job!! For Haakon to take on a wife and a step child, he is to be commended!! Many men would not want that responsibility or would treat the step child like an outsider. I know about the "outsider treatment", it happened to my cousin.

While Marius cannot be a royal, maybe someday Haakon will grant him an aristocratic title if appropriate. He is the brother of a future Queen!

Larzen said:
Someone on SRMB saw her boarding a plane to London, so far I have seen no pictures of her there and she usually is photographed if she is there, they also was recently spotted on Mågerø in Norway according to Se og Hør. Marius uncle, I think he is married to the Queen s God daughter and close friend of the royal family, both her and her sister, whos names escape me at the moment, are close with Haakon and MM, and they lived in London last I heared, she also has some other relatives and a couple of norwegian friends who live there.

The text on imagine says that Mette-Marit and Haakon are guests at Kyril and Rosarios villa and while the men and children were at the beach the women prefered to stay at the property, so she is there as well just not on the beach. The norwegian holiday ends this weekend so they will problay head home soon.

Kyril looks good but his hair is getting grey:D I always thought Haakon looked rather fit but next to Kyril it looks like he needs to work out:p

Thanks for the explanation Larzen.

Kyril is losing his hair and whatever is left of it is going gray. However what he lacks in his hair he is making up for with that body.

THE DUKES OF PLAMA, ALONG WITH THEIR GUESTS, HAAKON AND METTE-MARIT (WITH INGRID-ALEXANDRA AND MARIUS), PRINCE KYRIL OF BULGARIA AND ROSARIO NADAL (WITH THEIR THREE CHILDREN) AND VICTORIA DE BORBÓN-DOS SICILIAS WITH FAMILY ENJOYED THE PLEASURES OF THE SEA, ON BOARD OF THE YACHT FORTUNA.

For more about this topic, please go to the forum:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=260570#post260570

Last edited:
KikkiB said:
The link wouldn't open, but I think that bear is Ingrid Alexandras most prized posession, and I guess heaven and earth will shake if it ever gets lost:) Every child has something (a stuffed toy, a cozy blancket, some other toy) that they always bring along, and that will cause disasters if ever lost.
Here is the pics: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=178335
And two other
Princess Ingrid Alexandra has grown so much!!: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...chmentid=178340
Cute pics of Mafalda(?) and Ingrid: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...chmentid=178338

Last edited:
Thanks, LaMinka! Yes, she has grown a lot since the last time we saw her. At least publicly, which was 17th of May. But then again, little kids change from day to day, if you don't see them on a daily basis :)

more new pics from Colourpress

Attachments

• COLOUR10266673.jpg
    COLOUR10266673.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 486
  • COLOUR10266674.jpg
    COLOUR10266674.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 506
  • COLOUR10266675.jpg
    COLOUR10266675.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 576
  • COLOUR10266676.jpg
    COLOUR10266676.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 481
  • COLOUR10266677.jpg
    COLOUR10266677.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 625
  • COLOUR10266678.jpg
    COLOUR10266678.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 437
  • COLOUR10266679.jpg
    COLOUR10266679.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 816
  • COLOUR10266672.jpg
    COLOUR10266672.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 528
KikkiB said:
The link wouldn't open, but I think that bear is Ingrid Alexandras most prized posession, and I guess heaven and earth will shake if it ever gets lost:) Every child has something (a stuffed toy, a cozy blancket, some other toy) that they always bring along, and that will cause disasters if ever lost.
When i was 3 months i got a bear i call Mimi i still got it. Acording to my mother i had Mimi with me over all, i did sleep with it to i was 10.. but when my sister Danielle and grandmother Kathleen died when i was 12 i begin to sleep with again. But when i was 14 my father did marry Noelle, like had a daugther, Julie on 14 i just stop sleep with it. When i was 5 i got a littlebrother, Alexander, and he was just like me.. but just to he was 2. And when i was 12, my mother got a girl with her new fiance, and Jenna (shes 7 years now) got a bear with the name Lola and every time she lose it (and thats often) its mommys house(and jard) just a mess.. haha and also heaven and earth sake..

And its lokes like that Ingrid really loves that animal!:rolleyes: And that video on http://www.kongehuset.no she with the bear.:)

Last edited:
Is that Kyril of Bulgaria in the striped yellow/beige shirt? It looks like it to me! Do you suppose they are giving him a lift to London?!

...now that I really look at it, I still think it's him, but maybe just helping them carry that car seat and bag to the plane.

Haakon and Mette-Marit really seem to be socializing alot with different princes and princesses. They have been on vacation with Willem-Alexander and Maxima, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, Kyril and Rosario of Bulgaria, and Cristina and Inaki. They seem to be friends with Constantijn and Laurentien also.

samitude said:
Haakon and Mette-Marit really seem to be socializing alot with different princes and princesses. They have been on vacation with Willem-Alexander and Maxima, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, Kyril and Rosario of Bulgaria, and Cristina and Inaki. They seem to be friends with Constantijn and Laurentien also.
They are good freinds with Felipe, Edward, Victoria and Fredrik (Any More?)

Queen Sonja did say in a intrew (with Hola i think) that she was like Letizia and Felipe and that Felipe is a great friend of Haakon. And Felipe is also one of Ingrid godfathers. (Sonja and Harald is also got friends with the King and Queen Of Spain)

And Haakon is also goodfriends of Fredrik, Fredrik was Haakos bestman and he is also like Felipe godfather of Ingrid Alexandra. (Sonja is a good friend of Queen Magrethe)

I have also hear that Mette-Marit and Haakon (also Martha Louise) is goodfriends with Victoria of Sweden.

And i also hear that they is good friends with Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex.

Some more pics from this summer (from COVER). ;)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 369
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 526
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 671
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 407
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 416
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 554
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 362
OK you guys, I need some help on this....what is Haakon doing on the surf board with helmet on and holding strings?! Is this helicopter surfing?

In Hola they are refering to this sport as "kitesurf" and if you pay attention to the pictures Haakon starts his surfing in the sand :).

Very Radical!

In this link they talk about this sport http://www.ksmaui.com/index.php?src=overture

Regards.

Last edited:
Holidaying at Palma De Mallorca '05

Prince Haakoon and pregnant Mette Marit with their two children, Kyryl of Bulgary with his daughters Mafalda and Olimpia,his wife Rosario Nadal and Inaki Urdangarin in the port of Palma de Mallorca. Their on their way to get onboard of a spanish boat Fortuna, SPAIN - 11/08/2005
Photos from Newscom

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 479
  • a10.jpg
    a10.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 396
  • a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 681
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 451
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 380
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 606
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 354
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 450
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 706
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 413
More photos from Newscom

Attachments

• a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 392
  • a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 324
  • a13.jpg
    a13.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 423
  • a14.jpg
    a14.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 417
  • a15.jpg
    a15.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 322
  • a16.jpg
    a16.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 639
Ingrid has grown so much! She's very pretty...and blonde! That was surprising. Glad, as many are, she's wearing such colourful clothing!

Does anybody know when Haakoon and Mette-Marit will be back from their holidays and on duty?

Smilla said:
Does anybody know when Haakoon and Mette-Marit will be back from their holidays and on duty?

According to the palace web page CP Haakon is back on duty opening a peace seminar in Moss Friday 12/8. He has also got an engagement on Sunday 14/8. On Wednesday 17/8 CP Mette-Marit is back at work being present the Oslo Fashion Week. Otherwise the King and Queen is bussy with different engagements from 14/8. So I guess the summer vacation is over for the royal family just like it is for the rest of the working Norwegians (at least most of them).

http://www.kongehuset.no/

Summer Vacation 2006

Here are finally the first vacation pictures, they are taken on the Queens Birthday at Mågerø:D
Hello magazine said:
Combining the roles of dedicated father and future king can be a delicate balancing act, but Norway's Crown Prince Haakon obviously knows a thing or two about keeping his equilibrium. Indeed the popular royal proved there was nothing shaky about his parenting skills when he gave his stepson Marius a windsurfing lesson this week. The royal pair were obviously intent on enjoying a bit of quality time together, as the rest of the family were nowhere to be seen. With a life-jacket tied over his wetsuit, the nine-year-old watched carefully while his stepfather, who was sporting white Bermuda shorts and shades, prepared the board and sail for use. Article continues here: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/07/12/princehaakon/

Attachments

• haakon-dop1a.jpg
    haakon-dop1a.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,507
  • haakon-dop2a.jpg
    haakon-dop2a.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 10,009
Larzen said:
Here are finally the first vacation pictures, they are taken on the Queens Birthday at Mågerø:D

Thank you, Larzen! :) They are very nice pictures indeed. ;)

Will come this year the princes with their children to Palm? :rolleyes:

Their vacation is private, they dont anounce where they are going to be so the press can be there and take their pictures:p . There are no pictures of them in this weeks magazines.

Mette-Marits brother will be getting married for the 2. time on July 29th from Hidra church on the south of Norway, we will see them then, if not before, certainly if they go to Palma they will be photographed and we will know it.

Back
Top Bottom