Summer Holiday; 2003, 2005 - 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larzen said:
Their vacation is private, they dont anounce where they are going to be so the press can be there and take their pictures:p . There are no pictures of them in this weeks magazines.

Mette-Marits brother will be getting married for the 2. time on July 29th from Hidra church on the south of Norway, we will see them then, if not before, certainly if they go to Palma they will be photographed and we will know it.

thankss larzen by the answer :)

The press (read se og hør) has found out where Haakon and Mette-Marit has been "hiding" the past weeks, they have borrowed the summerhouse of Fabian Stang, Fabian Stang is the son of Norways big theatre diva Wenche Foss, the house lies in a shielded bay on the coast in Bamble.
Includes a pic of the family from yesterday
http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article690320.ece
Good for them that they got some weeks of privacy in Norway, Maagerø is not that private sine the press can take their pictures everytime they go for a swim. Obiously the press must have been searching for them but probably did not think to search there, I dont know if Se og Hør has any pictures of them. I dont know what kind of relationship they have with Fabian Stang, though there are plenty of pictures of the Queen with Wenche Foss on various official engagments and they always seem very friendly with one another.

Edit to add
Fabian Stang says he never confirms who his guests is, Stang is 50 years old and a business lawyer.
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Norske+kongehus/1.106843

Last edited:
Larzen said:
The press (read se og hør) has found out where Haakon and Mette-Marit has been "hiding" the past weeks, they have borrowed the summerhouse of Fabian Stang, Fabian Stang is the son of Norways big theatre diva Wenche Foss, the house lies in a shielded bay on the coast in Bamble.
I scanned it for this board, the last pic shows the house, very Norwegian summerhouse style, only bigger than usual. Stangs ex-wife is one of Norways best interior designers, she also worked on the renovation of the palace in Oslo. se og hør.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the nice pictures! Why didn't Mette-Marit show her swimsuit?

mims111 said:
Thank you all for the nice pictures! Why didn't Mette-Marit show her swimsuit?
It looks like she may have just gotten out of the water, so perhaps she was drying off at this point.

Thanks Larzen, how idyllic the Norwegian summerhouses and environments look...

In the photos of Haakon and Marius at the beach, does anyone know why Marius is crying in some of them? He looks a little red in a few pics, so could it be the heat?

I love to see the strong link she has with her mother !

Aren't Haakon and Marius in Portofino too?

Aren't Haakon and Marius in Portofino too?

No, Haakon and Marius are on a surfing trip to the Lofoten while the CPss is in Portofino with the 2 younger ones.

For the matter of smoking: Everyone who watches the Royals knows, that a lot of them smoke, even if they´re not often pictured doing that in public.
The greek princes Philippos, Nikolaos and Pavlos as well as Prss Theodora even smoked walking to Prcss Madeleine´s bridal soiree on the street, Princess Madeleine smokes, as well as Martha Louise from Norway (don´t know if Haakon still smokes, but he has definetely done so), Prince Harry (not sure about William?), many members of the danish royal family, Prcss Caroline and her children etc. etc.
So, this is all to known and you could agree or disagree with it. But I find it quite "surprising" that, every time a Royal has been photographed smoking, people make fuss about it, pretending this was a kind of outrageous news....

What I find much more annoying are paparazzi taking photos of the Princess while relaxing or taking off her bikini (though she did it, of course, in a very discreet manner).... :sad:

Last edited:
No, Haakon and Marius are on a surfing trip to the Lofoten while the CPss is in Portofino with the 2 younger ones.

I think it is so sweet that Haakon and Marius are away together, shows how close they are.

I think it is so sweet that Haakon and Marius are away together, shows how close they are.

Indeed. Over the years I got the impression that there´s a real "father/ son"-love-relationship which is quite natural as Marius will hardly remember life without the Crownprince.

Indeed. Over the years I got the impression that there´s a real "father/ son"-love-relationship which is quite natural as Marius will hardly remember life without the Crownprince.

And he seems to have a warm and loving relationship with both of his step-grandparents. It's so lovely to know that the Norwegian royal family have welcomed him to the family without any separation.

Back
Top Bottom