Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation: August 31, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The confirmation gift from the King of Spain is stunning but I'm still trying to figure out if its a bracelet or necklace.

The confirmation gift from the King of Spain is stunning but I'm still trying to figure out if its a bracelet or necklace.

Me too. But I'm learning towards believing it's a bracelet. I'm wondering if its a new one or a heirloom.

I do hope that creature will never be seen in an official context with the Royal Family. Poor King and Queen! Princess Ragnhild would be appalled.

Since we are at it, Erling Lorentzen was at the confirmation right?

What a beautiful event! I'm super pleased that all her grandparents were able to attend the event.

IA looked beautiful and dignified.

To be honest the buenas was a disappointment stylewise but I love that she worked on it with her grandmother.
Speaking of bunads my favorite was Princess Martha Louise.

It was a lovely event all over!

I forgot about Christian. He looked incredibly charming and calm. Such a gentleman.

Me too. But I'm learning towards believing it's a bracelet. I'm wondering if its a new one or a heirloom.

Bit late and I'm not sure where I saw it mentioned, so apology, no source - it is a bracelet

More Medals for the Crown Prince of Denmark than for the Kings of Norway and Spain.

Bit late and I'm not sure where I saw it mentioned, so apology, no source - it is a bracelet

Yes, it is a bracelet... and by design it is quite likely that it is from Quirós jewelry.

http://thetrendyisland.com/wp-conte...orca-Lifestyle-Jewelry-Luxury-Jewellery18.jpg

Quirós is a jewelry store in Oviedo, one of Queen Sofia's favorites and was responsible for making the official medal that Princess Leonor received in Asturias last year.

https://aws.revistavanityfair.es/prod/designs/v1/assets/785x589/53045.jpg
https://aws.revistavanityfair.es/prod/designs/v1/assets/655x491/53054.jpg

Great to see the photos and videos of the ceremony. It seems that confirmations are more formal in other countries (though royal ones are in a different league, haha) as I just got confirmed into the CofE in my regular clothes in a normal church service.
IA looked great in her bunad and it was fabulous to see that everyone else was wearing bunads, too. Victoria isn't Norwegian, so I don't think it was wrong for her not to wear one. I do feel for Felipe too, since the Scandinavian royals will be able to converse with each other, though he'll be the odd one out - but I guess he spoke in English today. I hope IA spent some time talking with Christian, it would be good for her to converse with another heir so they can exchange tips and tricks! ?

So nice to see all 4 godparents with the Princess and 2 of her grandparents.

https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=86a9e0e1c888eda5f6e289eaa95519f6&oe=5DC955F4

It's a picture of Ingrid-Alexandra and her 6 godparents; both her paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother are her godparents as well.

It's wonderful to see how the princess owns this day/occasion. It seems not just a religious celebration but a coming of age-event. This is my favorite picture of the princess today.

Looks like she received a large ring; probably a present from her parents? And she is wearing a smaller one (almost like a wedding band) on her other hand. She seems to have been wearing the smaller one during the day as well.

No, he didn't. I read he said there were other things to do for him. That he would have liked to attend together with "the fams" but had to finish his newest recordings for a book.

I am quite sure the royal family did not like him to attend, so he needed an excuse to explain his absence - finishing the recording for a book seems to be something that could be postponed if really needed.

During the luncheon several people speeched. Below are links to the translated speeches (as I don't understand Norwegian either).

The queen's speech

The king's speech

Her parents' speech

Speech by princess Ingrid-Alexandra

During the luncheon several people speeched. Below are links to the translated speeches (as I don't understand Norwegian either).

The queen's speech

The king's speech

Her parents' speech

Speech by princess Ingrid-Alexandra

The kongehuset-website also has a translation of the speeches; so here are the official versions (instead of the Google Translate ones).

Queen Sonja's speech
King Harald's speech
Crownprince Haakon and crownprincess Mette Marit's speech
Princess Ingrid Alexandra's speech

Question: Does anyone know who 'Karen' is? Both Maud (Behn) and Karen are referred to in 2 of the speeches, so I wonder whether she might not only be a close friend but also a (maternal) cousin (daughter of Espen?) - as Mette Marit mentions that both have known her from birth.

Another interesting part is that it's clear that next to her parents her maternal grandmother has played an important part in her life; taking care of them when Haakon and Mette Marit were gone for royal duties.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite sure the royal family did not like him to attend, so he needed an excuse to explain his absence - finishing the recording for a book seems to be something that could be postponed if really needed.

exactly what I thought.

Nice to see Marius Borg Høiby present in the official photos,I haven't seen or read too much about him in sometime.

More Medals for the Crown Prince of Denmark than for the Kings of Norway and Spain.

I noticed that too, Maria Olivia, and was just thinking about it before I read your post !

Sometimes I think the Danish royals should be reminded that "less is more" when it comes to displaying their decorations.

I noticed that too, Maria Olivia, and was just thinking about it before I read your post !

Sometimes I think the Danish royals should be reminded that "less is more" when it comes to displaying their decorations.

The only difference is that the Crown Prince also wore his military service medals, as he is still an active officer in the armed forces. Look at the picture below: the Prince of Orange wearing more medals as the King of Spain. But like Crown Prince Frederik today, back then he was an active officer in the armed forces. Now he is King himself, he only wears breast stars, like King Juan Carlos: https://images1.persgroep.net/rcs/Q...=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&quality=0.9

Last edited:
To me, he looks like he is opening a window.

To me also, he opens a window but to some this Danish family can do nothing right, if wearing medals or opening a window.

IA looked lovely and looked to enjoy her big day. Christian is a charming and good looking young man.

To me, he looks like he is opening a window.

Yes, can't see why "he's bored". He behaved properly yesterday (will he have something similar for his confirmation?).

The Norwegians are really good at preparing speeches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom