Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation: August 31, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am happy for King Felipe VI, but it is a pity if Queen Letizia is not.
It will be a big event and a very important day for Princess Ingrid Alexandra.:flowers:
It adds to the narrative that Letizia feels uncomfortable among other royals and avoids royal gatherings whenever possible. It would have been a nice way to introduce Leonor, with Christian etc present, her generation of Kings/Queens. While Felipe has been well connected with the royals of his generation, we'll see if this will be the case with Leonor too.

:previous:
But Letizia went to other royal events, such as weddings and royal coronations. This time, perhaps, she felt she had no obligation to go, perhaps because she was uncomfortable with the other royal families.

Last edited:

I am pleasantly surprised that King Felipe VI will attend the confirmation after all, but disappointed that Queen Letizia will not join him.

The narrative that Queen Letizia feels uncomfortable or doesn't get along with other European royals is mostly baseless gossip from the Queen's detractors within Spain. I don't take it as a fact, but I am sure the usual social media haters will use the Queen's no-show in Norway as evidence of their "pariah Letizia" theory.

Last edited:
As much as I am relieved that King Felipe's attending, it makes me sad that Letizia won't and Leonor too.

I don't believe in such narratives. It's a cheap gossip peddled by Letizia's haters.

Is there a reason why Prince Daniel will not be in attendance?

Interesting that representatives of other faiths and of the humanist association will be guests at the Lutheran confirmation. Were they in attendance at Princess Ingrid Alexandra's christening and her father's confirmation?

It is further interesting that Juliane Snekkestad not only is included in the list of official guests but is the very first name under "Family". Many of the royal courts of Europe appear to have changed their protocol over the last few years in regard to officially acknowledging partners who are not engaged or married. Or is it possible that this relationship is leading to an engagement?

Prince Daniel and Princess Estelle will not be in confirmation either. Denmark will be the best represented country because there will be Prince Frederik, Princess Mary and Prince Christian.

We shouldn't forget, that Eva Sannum - the norwegian exgirlfriend of King Felipe - was (is?) a good friend of Mette-Marit. I can imagine that it is not a good feeling for Letizia to be in Norway...

I highly doubt Letizia would avoid Norway due to some ex girlfriend of her husband :ermm:

Perhaps its a simple fact that this is a private occasion and not an official royal event. We arent seeing other royal houses being invited. Victoria, Felipe and Fred are attending simply as godparents. Yes Christian is going, but likely due to how close the Scandinavian royal houses are, not 'to meet other heirs'. There is certainly time for Leonor to meet some of the other heirs her age in time.

I am just happy Felipe is attending since he missed the baptism.

I am happy for King Felipe VI, but it is a pity if Queen Letizia is not.
It will be a big event and a very important day for Princess Ingrid Alexandra.:flowers:

Well, Prince Daniel isn't on the guest list either, so is that a pity as well?

Well, Prince Daniel isn't on the guest list either, so is that a pity as well?

Yes, I am sure Ingrid-Alexandra and her family would have loved to have prince Daniel attend as well! They know each other very well. We've seen Daniel many times with the Norwegian royals, so there must be something preventing him from attending, otherwise he would have attended I would think.

In Letizia's case, it's different, as we haven't really seen her being particularly close to the Norwegians at any point. This could have been a great opportunity to strengthen the relationships but alas she chose to prioritize something else.

Is there a reason why Prince Daniel will not be in attendance?

Like I wrote previously to Victoria's thread, Daniel's mother Ewa Westling had her 75th birthday yesterday. It might be that she is celebrating her birthday on Saturday, and of course Daniel and the children will be there then.

What do you mean by that? This is very much an official event...

Its an official church event yes.....but its still a family event.

Felipe is not attending as king, or even just as a royal guest. He is attending as a private person, as the godfather of Princess Ingrid Alexandra. A personal attendance, not due to his position as king of Spain.

As I said we dont see royals from any of the other houses attending. Because this is a Family event. Besides the Family, the godparents have been invited to attend.

Mary and Christian are very different then Letizia and Leonor. They have a personal relationship with the Norweigans, beyond the usual royal interaction at events. The Scandi royal families are all close.

Last edited:
Probably King Felipe goes to compensate for the absence at the baptism and not to fail a second time ... but the circumstances are not the best for him.

Juan Carlos is in the hospital recovering from a serious surgery, and the country remains without government and with political parties involved in discussions. Yesterday Felipe went with Sofia to the hospital, and announced that today Letizia and Leonor would go, it is something unusual... but with Felipe in Norway and Juan Carlos in the hospital, they put the crown princess and her mother in focus, probably because they want to show that the Royal House is not empty of representation.

Perhaps its a simple fact that this is a private occasion and not an official royal event.
What do you mean by that? This is very much an official event...
The guest list includes The Prime minister, Members of Government, Members of Parliament, foreign ambassadors, representatives for the main religious societies of Norway and other big organisations. This is very much an official event which is apparently taken very serious in Norway. Let's not forget that had not the law been changed in 2012 this would be the confirmation of the future Head of the Church of Norway.
We arent seeing other royal houses being invited.
Just because other royal families aren't invited doesn't make it non-official. We often see cases of when the Scandinavian or Benelux royals get together for official ceremonies without involving other royal families.
I am just happy Felipe is attending since he missed the baptism.
I'm also happy to see King Felipe on the guest list but greedy as I am I would have been even happier to see Leonor and Estelle there as well. A picture of four European heirs would have broken my Internet that's for sure. I wonder if there's a picture in a castle drawer somewhere of Ingrid Alexandra, Christian and Catharina Amalia from Victoria and Daniel's wedding.

Last edited:
Tbh i'm disappointed Q.Letizia will not attend, it isnt a private event imo, other way it wouldn't be on website of casareal. I would understand it if she had another engagement but in this case i dont understand it. She is the Queen of Spain (and will be for several decades) I have not picked up this, somewhere, yes, I have the feeling that she delineate when it comes to occasions meeting other royals. I still hope P.IA will have a beautiful day

Tbh i'm disappointed Q.Letizia will not attend, it isnt a private event imo, other way it wouldn't be on website of casareal. I would understand it if she had another engagement but in this case i dont understand it. She is the Queen of Spain (and will be for several decades) I have not picked up this, somewhere, yes, I have the feeling that she delineate when it comes to occasions meeting other royals. I still hope P.IA will have a beautiful day

I never really expected to see Letizia on the guest list as she's had very little interaction with the Norwegian RF over the years.

With the exception of the principalities of Monaco and Liechtenstein, the Kingdom of Norway is the only monarchy that Letizia has not visited since marrying Philip.
She may have some reason not to attend this event.

It seems like Queen Letizia's absence creates much buzz than Prince Daniel's.

Its an official church event yes.....but its still a family event.

Felipe is not attending as king, or even just as a royal guest. He is attending as a private person, as the godfather of Princess Ingrid Alexandra. A personal attendance, not due to his position as king of Spain.

As I said we dont see royals from any of the other houses attending. Because this is a Family event. Besides the Family, the godparents have been invited to attend.

Mary and Christian are very different then Letizia and Leonor. They have a personal relationship with the Norweigans, beyond the usual royal interaction at events. The Scandi royal families are all close.

It's listed on casareal's website as event, that makes it official enough. To me it's a big surprise to see Felipe there at all.

i'm somewhat relieved that martha louise isn't attending with her boyfriend. it would seem premature and hasty to invite him to the confimation of the future queen.

disappointed also not to see letizia attending, but the spanish royals don't mingle as much with the rest of the royal team of their generation, so i am not surprised. the fact that christian is coming perhaps means he and ingrid are close friends - it is nice to see.

But Martha Louise will attend and her girls too?

We shouldn't forget, that Eva Sannum - the norwegian exgirlfriend of King Felipe - was (is?) a good friend of Mette-Marit. I can imagine that it is not a good feeling for Letizia to be in Norway...

well, their romance ended almost 20 years ago - even before the King and Queen became a couple...:ermm:;)

Back
Top Bottom