Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation: August 31, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: As of press time, unlike the Swedish Royal Family official website, both Spanish and Danish official website has yet to confirm.

Likewise, from the Swedish Royal Family official website, only Crown Princess Victoria is confirmed to attend.

Last edited:
When asked, the Danish Royal Court said (rather rudely if I am being honest) to check their calendar. The court updates the calendar 2 weeks at a time so we will have to check in a few days to see if it gets added.

Will ML bring along the Shaman as well :D:D

Good grief! :eek:
I guess that is likely.

Keep Durek away from QMII! If she is in a disapproving mood, she'll cut him in half with a single remark! :D
:huh:?:blink: = :w00t::king: = :shock:? = :frazzled:

Last edited:
Has Durek hang out with Haakon and MM already?

They have lunched with him.

And should a horned gentleman suddenly have appeared, offering me the opportunity to be present and able to read minds, I would have signed the contract and ignored the small text on the back. :D

I doubt we'll see king Felipe ,it would be nice to see him there but I don't hold out much hope.

I think that all members on the Scandinavian Royal Houses are perfectly capable of holding a polite and normal conversation with ML's shaman. We all would be. It is not hard to stick to polite and general topics and avoid the controversial ones.
So if ML brings her partner, it will not ruin the day/event. They are all grown-up and know to act accordingly.

And no one should be excluded from attending the Confirmation ceremony (After all, this is the rite of confirming Christian maturity).

When asked, the Danish Royal Court said (rather rudely if I am being honest) to check their calendar. The court updates the calendar 2 weeks at a time so we will have to check in a few days to see if it gets added.

Rude as in they phrased their reply rudely or because they referred to the calendar?

That day is a mere two days before the beginning of the (presumed) Trump state visit. There has been nothing in the news about it here in the States.

I think that all members on the Scandinavian Royal Houses are perfectly capable of holding a polite and normal conversation with ML's shaman. We all would be. It is not hard to stick to polite and general topics and avoid the controversial ones.
So if ML brings her partner, it will not ruin the day/event. They are all grown-up and know to act accordingly.

Exactly. Whilst I do not agree with Durek's shamanism or his compatibility with Martha Louise, I highly doubt this would effect his attendance. For royal standards, Mette-Marit was an unconventional bride, so I'm sure the Norwegian RF can converse with Durek politely and civilly.

Exactly. Whilst I do not agree with Durek's shamanism or his compatibility with Martha Louise, I highly doubt this would effect his attendance. For royal standards, Mette-Marit was an unconventional bride, so I'm sure the Norwegian RF can converse with Durek politely and civilly.

:previous: You really have a point! I like how you put it that way. Seems as though the Norweigian RF is very much accepting in that regard.

I really want to see King Felipe, Letizia, Leonor and Sofia but I doubt it will. Sad. :sad:

Thanks, Royal Norway. :flowers:

We have something to look forward to then. ?

So we are talking in the order of between 200-300 $ for that silver adornment alone.
You're welcome! :flowers:

Yes! And that was included in the calculation in post 45, where I wrote that a bunad costs between $2,000-10,000.

--------------------

No wonder highwaymen were a genuine fear, certainly in Sweden, but presumably also in Norway. Preying on peasants in their finest attire on the way to or from market, riding their carriage through a landscape like this for kilometer after kilometer: https://naturguide.dk/wp-content/uploads/skovtur_ulveland.jpg
My brother-in-law who is into ancestral history found a journal from the early 1700's of a couple of male relatives who went to market in Göteborg (Gothenburg) IIRC. They were not feeling too secure, so they brought a pistol with them. Even today, many stretches in western Sweden look exactly like the picture.

In DK it was part-time pirates who were a problem. Well into the 1700's actually.

Thanks! :flowers:

It was quite common, actually!
And the modern way of doing it, i.e. fool people out of their cars for so robbing them, is still a big problem in several countries. Been many cases of it during the summer periods here in Scandinavia as well, where it's carried out by gangs from Eastern Europe. - And (*unsurprisingly*) with ''Western Sweden'' as their main target.

BTW: We had a problem with pirates here too! Especially from the late 1500s and throughout almost the entire 17th century, when they were quite active outside the coast of Northern Norway.

--------------------

This is going to be in a just a few weeks. Is there any update? This event makes me really excited!!!!!!!
The only thing we know since my last post (apart from the news from the Swedes) is that the court has invited two representants from The Norwegian Sámi Parliament (I.e. The President, Aili Keskitalo and The Plenary leader, Tom Sottinen) to attend both the service and the subsequent luncheon.
And both have of course thanked yes.

But it is August 15th already, so not many days until we get the third press-release from the court now (the first one BTW came in mid-January, while the second one came in early July). ??

Another thing to mention is that *The US state visit to DK* would most likely prevent QMII (who is the godmother of Ingrid's father) from attending, such as her mother Queen Ingrid attended the confirmation of her godson's son in 1988 (i.e. Haakon).

So thank you very much, Donald!

I also see that she has an engagement the evening before, which makes me pretty sure she won't attend.

--------------------

Good grief! :eek:
I guess that is likely.

Keep Durek away from QMII! If she is in a disapproving mood, she'll cut him in half with a single remark! :D
:huh:?:blink: = :w00t::king: = :shock:? = :frazzled:
Yes, that's QMII for you! LOL.

However, his biggest challenge will be the old-schooled and short-tempered Princess Astrid, who makes Margrethe look like a lightweighter by comparison. - And who will most likely eat him alive!
But she will, of course, not do it in public. No, she'll wait to she has him on her own, and he will probably be followed by a good dessert. LOL.

And if we should be a bit serious here: The King has told in interviews (the last time was around her 85th Birthday in 2017) that she still yells at him, because for her, he will always be the little brother! And she's not afraid to take on The Crown Prince either (according to himself).
BTW: The King told a funny story in his speech on her 80th Birthday-dinner in 2012 about some courtiers who had implied to him that she seemed a bit irritated with them.
No, he had said, ''she can't have been that, because then we had noticed it.'' LOL.

Last edited:
:D

Perhaps the good Durek will at some point find himself between QMII and Princess Astrid?
They will look at him, then at each other, and a few minutes later Durek will look for the exit! :D Wishing his ancestral spirits had warned him...
:ohmy:?:ohmy:
:doh::glare::w00t:
?:hiding::voodoo:
:verysad:

No doubt North African pirates. - (Even though Caribbean based pirates on at least one occasion raided a manor as far away as Scotland around 1680 IIRC.)
They were a true menace and raided as far north as Iceland. Even isolated English fishing villages were raided as late as the latter half of the 1600's.
The last North African pirate coastal raid in Europe took place in southern France as late as around 1830. A number of women were abducted for the slave markets.
It's perhaps no coincidence France invaded Algeria in the 1830's.
Those who are familiar with the Marine Corps Hymn, will remember the reference to a US expedition force attacking Tripoli in retaliation for North African pirate attacks.
The North African pirates even send ambassadors as far away as to Scandinavia in the mid 1600's!
Trying to extort as much as possible from the Northern European countries as possible - knowing perfectly well how expensive it would be to muster a fleet and send it to raid North African ports.

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks, Muhler! :flowers:

To be exact, they were, according to historian Rune Blix Hagen, from Southern Europe.
Shortly explained: At the end of the 16th century, the English discovered a very lucrative trade route between Western Europe and Northern Russia, which eventually became known as ''Nordkappruta'' (The Northern Cape Route). By sailing along the coast of Northern Norway, the traders escaped the customs barriers in the Baltic Sea.

These ships from London, Hull, Amsterdam, etc. were loaded with great values, so then it was just for the pirates to strike. But it was not just international luxury goods that were taken. Also the national trade-traffic with fish and grain, which went between citizens from Bergen (city at the Norwegian west coast) and fishermen from Northern Norway, was hit by attacks. Yes, some of them were even taken and forced into piracy themselves.

-------------------

Well, the Norwegian RH is without a doubt the monarchy that allows the cameras in most frequently (with the Danes on a good second place).
Yes, just take The Regent-Couple's large-scale joint 80th Birthday celebrations in 2017, where not only the black-tie official government banquet at the Oslo Opera House was televised but also the greetings, royal procession and speeches during the more private white-tie gala-dinner at the palace.
Because as The King himself has said, ''we cannot lock ourselves inside and share nothing.''

And that takes me to my exciting news:
1. NRK (The state-owned Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation) has announced that the court has allowed both the service and the subsequent luncheon to be televised (yes, they have got permission to send live from inside the palace for over three hours). - And everything will be sent live on NRK1 (Norway's largest TV-Channel) from 11 AM Norwegian time, CEST (one hour ahead of current UK time, BST). They will also show highlights of the day in the evening.
Also likely to be full coverage on TV2 News Channel (owned by the commercial TV2 Group).

2. NRK1 will also broadcast a documentary the following evening (on October 1st) named, ''Ingrid av Norge, Prinsessens bunad blir til'' (''Ingrid of Norway, The Princess' bunad is created'').
NRK says: ''Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra skal få bunad av bestefar og bestemor til konfirmasjonen. Det skal bli en unik drakt, skapt av bunadseksperter fra ulike deler av Norge. Og av en dronning.''
''Princess Ingrid Alexandra will be given a bunad from her grandfather and grandmother for her confirmation. It will be a unique costume, created by bunad-experts from different parts of Norway. And by a Queen (most likely Queen Sonja, or perhaps they've gotten The Queen's close friend QMII to help).''

Here one can see a photo of The Princess trying it on (link).

Last edited:
Awesome news! Thanks!!!

By the way, and I apologize for my ignorance, what are the difference between the bunad and the traditional attires they wear on national day? Aren't those bunads as well?

Last edited:
Thank you and welcome back; ROYAL NORWAY! I really like how Harald is passing down a bunad to IA. I'll be looking forward into her confirmation.

2. NRK1 will also broadcast a documentary the following evening (on October 1st) named, ''Ingrid av Norge, Prinsessens bunad blir til'' (''Ingrid of Norway, The Princess' bunad is created'').
NRK says: ''Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra skal få bunad av bestefar og bestemor til konfirmasjonen. Det skal bli en unik drakt, skapt av bunadseksperter fra ulike deler av Norge. Og av en dronning.''
''Princess Ingrid Alexandra will be given a bunad from her grandfather and grandmother for her confirmation. It will be a unique costume, created by bunad-experts from different parts of Norway. And by a Queen (most likely Queen Sonja, or perhaps they've gotten The Queen's close friend QMII to help).''

Here one can see a photo of The Princess trying it on (link).

That would be very poignant seeing as QMII also designed her monogram (although I'd say her monogram-designing skillz are preferable to her fashion designing skillz :lol:).

Awesome news! Thanks!!!

By the way, and I apologize for my ignorance, what are the difference between the bunad and the traditional attires they wear on national day? Aren't those bunads as well?
Well, nothing to apologize for at all. ?

Question 1/2: Yes, it's the same thing! Although there are many different types from around the country.
Read more in the English Wikipedia article in the last part of post 38. Or in this quite informative English article from the site, ''Life in Norway (link).''

--------------------

Thank you and welcome back; ROYAL NORWAY! I really like how Harald is passing down a bunad to IA. I'll be looking forward into her confirmation.
Thanks! :flowers:

Yes, me too! Especially to seeing it on television, although it will be strange without Kjell Arne Totland.
Read about him in this post (link).

--------------------

That would be very poignant seeing as QMII also designed her monogram (although I'd say her monogram-designing skillz are preferable to her fashion designing skillz :lol:).
Yes! LOL.

Although here we are just talking about embroidering a pattern after instructions (and that she is very good at).

"She" is very good at creating a regal look in the traditional sense. IA is one very lucky heir.

Great! Awesome that Prince Christian will go too! Let's hope that Felipe and Letizia will go and take Leonor with them.

Sum would be good for Felipe and Letizia to go and take to Leonor. Will they go?

Sum would be good for Felipe and Letizia to go and take to Leonor. Will they go?
We don't know yet. Casareal hasn't updated their agenda. But, Felipe didn't go to IA christening. I understand that he is King now and has more responsabilites, but she is his goddaughter, so if he didn't attend her christening, at least attending her confirmation would be the least he could do.

But, let's see and wait for some sort of announcement. If they end up going, I doubt they'll take Leonor, but one could hope, so fingers crossed:flowers:

Omg this is getting too exciting!!!! I hope both Felipe and Letizia will go too with Leonor of course and the royal heirs will have a good time chatting.

If the Norwegian Royal Court will release new pictures of Ingrid Alexandra with her family AND her godparents?

I think it is a great idea for the royals to encourage their collective children to get to know each other well. There will be nobody else that can share their particular problems and the support they provide each other will be invaluable.

I remember a meeting of as many of the Crown Prince and Princess couples shortly before either Willem Alexander or Felipe took the throne. It was obvious that they were all close friends and that is a good thing. Probably their parents started it when they were young, as indeed did their parents. Possibly hoping to find a possible romance?

Back
Top Bottom