Press reports: Norwegian Divorce Rumours

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant the word "affair" not as a "love-affair", but as a "case" or "matter" about these rumours...

I am curious about the opinions of other people, what do you think about this affair after this short time, did anybody change their former attitude...? Well, it is a little bit exhausting to read such posts, as W7's, that was no answers on my questions, had nothing to say. I (would) like to make conversations, with meaningful comments...

My opinion has not changed from before, I still don't believe the rumours and think they are just rumours and I will only believe it when Haakon and/or MM and/or the Norwegian RF comment on it.
After seeing the recent pictures of Haakon and MM together, and see them actually leaning *towards* eachother in these pictures (which they didn't have to do for the pictures; they could just have easily with a big smile stood apart from eachother), I'm even more convinced that there will be no divorce.

All the other suggestions made by people (who may or may not know the couple personally but who never give a good source of the story) on this thread and on other forums (like "they've grown apart", "MM had a love affair", "they don't like eachother") for me at this moment are just rumours, tales and therefore: gossip.

I found it very telling that this was a big story on this thread, until the NRF christmas pictures appeared, and than the story stopped immediately (until you brought it up again, so I can imagine maybe that was what Wartenberger7 was referring too...)

:previous: I have to admit that I too thought this particular round of "CP couple estranged! Is there a divorce in the wind?", well and truly over by Christmas. But no, the media seem to have backed off and that just leaves idle, if somewhat malicious, speculation by members of forums, twitter and facebook, flogging an otherwise dead horse. :bang:

And isn't it interesting that when someone referred to "the whole affair" it suddenly morphed into Mette-Marit had an affair!

Last edited:
:bang:Put it to rest please, these are just *rumors* and until there are REAL FACTS then there is no reason to continue with rumors.....they just help destroy whatever peace and calm that the children have in their lives. Doesn't anyone realize that spreading these ugly rumors hurts the feelings of the children and yes , they will hear these rumors from the children in school who will hear them from their parents. Think before you post these type of things.............

I guess the old saying "only bad news are good news" still counts. People seem to get bored with celebrities having no difficulties with each other. Many people these days seem to regard all famous people as part of a soap opera - and what happens if there´s no drama, seperation, hardship - or a new baby on its way? The audience gets bored and turns off! But this is NOT a s.o. -this is reality.
The problem is that on boards like this not only keen and faithful monarchists or royalists post, but also people interested in general celebrity, fashion and gossip. They can discuss gowns and dresses of hollywood actresses the same way as the ones of Royalty.
And how one can compare H and MM with Charles/ Diana, two very neurotic, self-centred personalities (don´t get me wrong, I like the Pr. o Wales! But he also had his share of difficulties with his life) is beyond me!
I do not believe in fairytale, I´m a realist; and when people seperate, they seperate. But on which reasons or facts these particular rumours are based upon still remains very unclear to me.
This thread is called "Press reports about..." As far as I see it there are no current "press reports" in serious (norwegian) media (press means PRINT media!), but gossip on social network boards...

Last edited:
:bang:Put it to rest please, these are just *rumors* and until there are REAL FACTS then there is no reason to continue with rumors.....they just help destroy whatever peace and calm that the children have in their lives. Doesn't anyone realize that spreading these ugly rumors hurts the feelings of the children and yes , they will hear these rumors from the children in school who will hear them from their parents. Think before you post these type of things.............
How right you are !!!!!!

Fortimo's questions made sense to me and I can't understand why everyone went crazy about her bringing the subject again.
We've all been discussing the rumours before Christmas based on what? Rumours spread through social media. Just that. Then the discussion stopped and now we have pictures of them on several ocasions. Makes perfect sense to re-evaluate the rumours. Even if it's to conclude they were just that: non-sense rumours.
A good part of what we discuss here is based on rumours. Some are true. Some are not. It's up to us to evaluate things and make our own conclusions. And that's impossible if we don't discuss.
There are lot of things royal families don't share with us. Sometimes because it belongs to their privacy. Sometimes because of pure PR. They are people but they're also an institution and thus the scrutiny from the public has to be part of their lives. Fortunately, forums have posters who understand that and can engage in interesting discussions.

This said, I don't know what to say about the state of their relationship. The photos didn't add much, except that it seems a divorce is not on the cards, otherwise why would they still be doing engagements together?

Fortimo and Julliette:

These are just *RUMORS* not real facts and bear in mind that *RUMORS* will be heard by the children of the crown prince/princess. Rumors create unnecessary drama and stress for children and nobody wants to start rumors just for the sake of saying something and trying to make a fact that isn't a fact, so I think that for the sake of young children who will hear these rumors from their friends at school/social events/playtimes/visiting various places and from their parents, rumors can be left to the wind to see if they are true or not. When the Court says something then all the rumors can fly away with the wind............and nobody really needs to know every single minute/conversation of a person's life.........I don't need to know when they eat, shower, go to the toilet, read the paper, just show me when your out and about doing your job and what the job is, and maybe the clothes and jewels, nothing more.

"When the Court says something then all the rumors can fly away with the wind"

That´s exactly what I don´t think: If they deny there are many people who will say "Oh, they found it necessary to deny...! So there must be some truth in these rumours...."
I think the practice of the the british court, never to deny anything (the Queen and Pr. Philip were under constant suspicion to divorce back in the late 1950s and 60s) is quite right.
No matter what they do in public, people love to chit-chat, as this thread perfectly shows again! If they hug, kiss, people say they pretend only to convince everyone the rumours are false, if they behave what I would call "normal" for a couple being together for about 15 years, people say they don´t love each other anymore, they seperate....
It´s all very sad and the couple just can´t win, no matter what.

I slowly come to the conclusion that this is not really about Haakon and Mette, but the compulsion of people for gossip.

:previous: Exactly. Once the court denies all the silly rumours, people will think there's actually something about them. Better to just ignore the lust for gossip and drama. Serves everyone best that way. Also, if they had to denounce every little rumour, they wouldn't be doing anything else.

Fortimo's questions made sense to me and I can't understand why everyone went crazy about her bringing the subject again.
We've all been discussing the rumours before Christmas based on what? Rumours spread through social media. Just that. Then the discussion stopped and now we have pictures of them on several ocasions. Makes perfect sense to re-evaluate the rumours. Even if it's to conclude they were just that: non-sense rumours.
A good part of what we discuss here is based on rumours. Some are true. Some are not. It's up to us to evaluate things and make our own conclusions. And that's impossible if we don't discuss.
There are lot of things royal families don't share with us. Sometimes because it belongs to their privacy. Sometimes because of pure PR. They are people but they're also an institution and thus the scrutiny from the public has to be part of their lives. Fortunately, forums have posters who understand that and can engage in interesting discussions.

This said, I don't know what to say about the state of their relationship. The photos didn't add much, except that it seems a divorce is not on the cards, otherwise why would they still be doing engagements together?

I'm sorry, but why do we need to evaluate any of this? Frankly, I don't think it's any of our business

:previous: It appears it is only "news" here as even the papers gave up the "story" in December 2013.

Get with the programme people, it's January 2014 and, moving on, there are dozens of other royals reputations to shred in search of that illusive fire lurking in the royal smoke. :wacko:

Last edited:
From now on I will stop reading that thread....which should be cancelled IMO.

:bang:wanderingnana...I'm sorry, but why do we need to evaluate any of this? Frankly, I don't think it's any of our business

Oh how darn right you are.......it seems that some just love to drag up dirty dirt for the sake of being heard..............and to stir up more trouble just so that the world knows they are around here and everywhere else........frustrating children I say, let sleeping dogs lie!

I'm sorry, but why do we need to evaluate any of this? Frankly, I don't think it's any of our business

Haakon and Mette-Marit aren't exactly an ordinary private couple whose lives are none of our business. They are a royal couple. Future King and Queen of Norway. Certainly, whether they are together or not is quite important.

A lot of times people observe things and make judgments based on what they see or hear. Sometimes what they assume may or may not be factual.

Haakon and Mette-Marit aren't exactly an ordinary private couple whose lives are none of our business. They are a royal couple. Future King and Queen of Norway. Certainly, whether they are together or not is quite important.
  • Where is the story?
  • Where are the photographs of sad and lonely H and MM ala Diana and the Taj Mahal?
  • Are there any credible sources writing on this subject?
  • Have there been any credible articles published this year?
  • Is slander and defamation of character allowed on this forum?
Please Note: Forums, twitter, facebook, etc. don't count.

Last edited:
  • Where is the story?
  • Where are the photographs of sad and lonely H and MM ala Diana and the Taj Mahal?
  • Are there any credible sources writing on this subject?
  • Have there been any credible articles published this year?
  • Is slander and defamation of character allowed on this forum?
Please Note: Forums, twitter, facebook, etc. don't count.

And if the source is from someone who says of themselves "i'm a most truthful person, i never spread gossip" it doesn't count either :)

Thank for all people the comments, what you wrote, but I think not so many understand so really what I wanted when I started this discussion again.
I didn't want to hear or say that these rumours are true, or not, I didn't say (and don't want to hear) anything wrong about Mette-Marit or Haakon... I didn't want to judge her or them or these rumours. I didn't want to read posts again, what we could read earlier. I wanted only know, that after seeing some photos about the couple, what do you think about them. Did you see them happy together, or sad or strained, or nothing special... I wanted nothing more. (for example see post #187)
There are so many other discussions on this forum what don't make sense for me, but than I don't comment it and don't read it.
I think if for somebody is important this CP-couple and what will happen with them, and if you are interested in the points of view of the other forummembers then you read also this topic, without to make unnecessary comments.
This gives the sense/meaning of this forum.

Last edited:
It's about time, I think, to close this thread, or even remove it. It was only based on social media gossip right from the start. Given this forum's policy I'm surprised that it was even allowed.

Since the divorce rumours were obviously not true this thread is now closed.

The Norwegian forum moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom