Press reports: Norwegian Divorce Rumours

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just been looking at the picture of Mette-Marit and Haakon which was taken today when they attended the board meeting of their Humanitarian Fund (see Current Events).

IMO, they look their usual happy selves. The picture doesn't look staged at all.

Please note that I am not discussing the event but my impression of Mette-Marit & Haakon in light of these recent divorce rumours. The picture strengthens my belief that these rumours are just that. !!! Total rubbish.

Last edited:
My conclusion for now:
- from all european royals of their age, they still look like the least likely to divorce (judging by the recent picture)
- people who say of themselves that they are 'the last to start a rumour' are actually the most likely to fuel the rumour (judging from this thread)

There are new pics of the couple attending a meeting. Hope this puts an end to all the gossip.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

I saw the 2nd picture earlier today and that was enough to convince me (not that I needed convincing as I firmly believe that this is one of the most loved-up royal couples out there !!) but, would you look at the first picture, come on, totally natural, totally relaxed, totally happy looking. !!

I saw the 2nd picture earlier today and that was enough to convince me (not that I needed convincing as I firmly believe that this is one of the most loved-up royal couples out there !!) but, would you look at the first picture, come on, totally natural, totally relaxed, totally happy looking. !!

I agree. She seems to have gotten over her illness. Hope she feels much better now. They are so lovely together. It would have broken my heart if these rumours proved to be true. But I didn't believe it at all.

Delighted to see these pix which look quite natural

what we need to do is close down this thread!

My conclusion for now:
- from all european royals of their age, they still look like the least likely to divorce (judging by the recent picture)
- people who say of themselves that they are 'the last to start a rumour' are actually the most likely to fuel the rumour (judging from this thread)

Yep yep yep!

The Prince and Princess of Norway and Rumours.

:previous:For the past five years MM has been an asset to Noraway; she has done a remarkable job for her station also she seems to be a fantastic mother. I recall seeing pictures of the late princess Margaret of England and her husband Lord Snowdom attending an event (all well attired and smiling gaily arm in arm) and the following week it was announced by Buckingham Palace that they were going to have a legal separation. People are not perfect whether Royal or Non Royal "Tell me not in mournful numbers; life is but an empty dream".

Casualfan, I was not assuming that the rumors were true. I said "if". A big "if" and also said I was the person least likely to know anything about it.

I saw the very happy pictures of the couple on Miss Honoria Glossip just now. If they are NOT happy they are expert at looking happy, and I don't think they would have tried this hard to look happy if they were not. They look REALLY happy. Probably relieved that her neck surgery is successful and she is out and about.

Seems to me that this is pretty early to be ou with that surgery, but, a good way to dispel idle gossip. Plus, it is their son's birthday today.

It is great that Crown Princess Mette-Marit is able to attend the meeting and seems to be recovering well after the surgery. The photos, on the other hand, appear to be not so subtle answer to the rumours. The royal family did not want to issue any comments on the rumours. Then they staged a cheap photo op.

Crown Prince Haakon is dashing as usual.

Last edited:
Cepe:
Agree with you, how can this thread be closed down? No need for some to still be flaming the fire when it's dead.

Cepe:
Agree with you, how can this thread be closed down? No need for some to still be flaming the fire when it's dead.

Ah but don't you know that fanning the flames of a fire is what keeps some people warm on a cold December night? :whistling:

(ducks and runs for cover)

:previous:Osipi, you need a different kind of flame on that cold snowy winter night.................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D

Well, the recent photos are great, they both look very happy and Mette Marit appears strong and healthy with that great smile of hers!

This thread should remain open to serve as a reminder that unless we see pictures of royal couples openly ignoring eachother, loathing eachother or throwing plates at eachother across the dinner table, we should assume all is well and happy between them!

:previous:For the past five years MM has been an asset to Noraway; she has done a remarkable job for her station also she seems to be a fantastic mother. I recall seeing pictures of the late princess Margaret of England and her husband Lord Snowdom attending an event (all well attired and smiling gaily arm in arm) and the following week it was announced by Buckingham Palace that they were going to have a legal separation. People are not perfect whether Royal or Non Royal "Tell me not in mournful numbers; life is but an empty dream".

You cannot compare Pcss Margaret and L Snowden with Haakon and MM!
The engl. Princess and her husband both commited adultery on a regular basis at least 10 years before their divorce besides other serious problems like alcohol addiction and both had a lot to compensate psychologically due to their experiences in their respective pasts.

The norwegian CP couple are two very different characters, they´re more down-to-earth, besottet to each other and their lives together rather than by themselves. The CPcss has gone through a hard time like many young people have, but has come out strengthened and much more in balance with herself.
Concerning Prcss Margaret, but also her estranged husband, there was nothing in balance at least half of their lifetimes.
I also think that in the old days at the english court it was expected to put on a show, no matter what. I really fail to think that both Haakon or Mette-Marit would agree to that!
Apart from that I´m convinced the norwegians would struggle very hard and long to improve, search and accept help from a marriage therapist or stuff like that. IF there were problems, which would be only too natural as there is no long-time-relationship without the slightest hick-up, they just wouldn´t give up something they both cherish and consider so precious after 3 or 4 months before everything was just fine!

Casualfan, I was not assuming that the rumors were true. I said "if". A big "if" and also said I was the person least likely to know anything about it.

I saw the very happy pictures of the couple on Miss Honoria Glossip just now. If they are NOT happy they are expert at looking happy, and I don't think they would have tried this hard to look happy if they were not. They look REALLY happy. Probably relieved that her neck surgery is successful and she is out and about.

Apologies.

It is great that Crown Princess Mette-Marit is able to attend the meeting and seems to be recovering well after the surgery. The photos, on the other hand, appears to be not so subtle answer to the rumours. The royal family did not want to issue any comments on the rumours. Then they staged a cheap photo op.

Crown Prince Haakon is dashing as usual.

Really?!?! A "cheap photo op"? Seriously-it seems as though public figures would do better to self-flagellate rather than go through what it would take to please everyone.

After to see them on these some events from November (NORAD-conference, Christmas, NHO-conference, Skaugum-conference), what do you think about this rumours? And about them?
I read on other forum, that some people think still, that this marriage is over, and they are only for the children and for the monarchy together, and MM doesn't love Haakon anymore.
But I ask, when this marriage is ended, than why should they make these events together? And invite people to their home? (Or go to the restaurant with friends??) Today there is a modern time and society, can understand if they would say, that they would end this marriage. Why should they show something to the world, what doesn't exist?
So what I don't understand, why say (and hope!) some people that they will be separate and divorce in the near future. I think, if they don't love eachother anymore, than they go on their own way and not together.
I know them for people, who know what they want, are outspoken, characterized by straight. Why should they lie to their families, to their folk, to the world?
It does not make sense...

Last edited:
Royal families fear divorce in the CP couple after the fall-out from the Diana-Charles fiasco so would prefer to put a 'good face' on things and appear together rather than admit that there is something wrong. So do many couples, particularly when children are involved - appear together when in fact the marriage has died.

As long as there is no open scandal then it is possible that they will remain as a formal couple with separate lives as well, rather than have a loose cannon outside the fold in MM (not saying she would sound off and bad-mouth Haakon but that is a possibility so better to keep her in the fold).

There is a very old saying - keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Is that what is happening? I don't know but it is possible.

Personally i choose not to believe this rumour until they themselves come out and say it, but...

These kind of situations have happened often in the past and part of the 'Royal Mystique' ( for lack of a better word) is that the royals keep these issues behind closed doors and we, the general public, never needed to know the dirty details...
We all like the fairytale (disney) marriages with the handsome prince and gorgeous princess (who always wears a tiara), but that's not royals are like.
Imo being a royal is a job, and one that requires a lot more dedication than a lot of other jobs, and like in big companies the mistakes and flaws should preferably be handled within the company...

I doubt Haakon and Mette-Marit are divorced, to me they seemed to be the most unlikely couple to divorce. They looked quite happy and seemed to enjoy being in each other's company in the latest photos. Although, I don't know them so I'm unaware of what goes on behind palace doors.

However, what I am curious about is why Mette-Marit hasn't confirmed or denied the rumours on Twitter, or why the Royal Court hasn't done the same on their website. Perhaps she/they aren't even aware that there are such rumours...

It would be the work of Sysiphus for the royals to comment on all the rumours spread about them ...

After to see them on these some events from November (NORAD-conference, Christmas, NHO-conference, Skaugum-conference), what do you think about this rumours? And about them?
I read on other forum, that some people think still, that this marriage is over, and they are only for the children and for the monarchy together, and MM doesn't love Haakon anymore.
So what I don't understand, why say (and hope!) some people that they will be separate and divorce in the near future. I think, if they don't love eachother anymore, than they go on their own way and not together.
I know them for people, who know what they want, are outspoken, characterized by straight. Why should they lie to their families, to their folk, to the world?
It does not make sense...

"Thank you" for firing up this nonsense rumour-thread again. I guess some people never can be quiet and rest, can´t they?
The things today being written here are nothing more than a repitition of the things from mid-december:whistling:
I agree with your last sentence: It does not make sense...

Last edited:
^ Wartenburg7, that's being fairly nasty to a fellow poster. We all have different opinions and are entitiled to have them AND express them, even though they may not be in agreement with others.

^ Wartenburg7, that's being fairly nasty to a fellow poster. We all have different opinions and are entitiled to have them AND express them, even though they may not be in agreement with others.

I will not ask you for permission to express MY opinion that everything that has been posted has been posted before. It is more than "nasty" to keep on writing this stuff about people who really can´t defend themselves!

I am curious about the opinions of other people, what do you think about this affair after this short time, did anybody change their former attitude...? Well, it is a little bit exhausting to read such posts, as W7's, that was no answers on my questions, had nothing to say. I (would) like to make conversations, with meaningful comments...

I am curious about the opinions of other people, what do you think about this affair after this short time, did anybody change their former attitude...? Well, it is a little bit exhausting to read such posts, as W7's, that was no answers on my questions, had nothing to say. I (would) like to make conversations, with meaningful comments...

I can't discuss about an affair, because I haven't seen any evidence that Mette-Marit has had an affair, just rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom