Press reports: Norwegian Divorce Rumours

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucien:The pain in the neck has a name.MM.

Are you going to deny that she had an operation and has been in serious pain? Just because she is on leave from an illness does not mean they are separating nor divorcing....my son had this medical problem and was in the hospital longer then MM was and on medical leave for months afterwards, so please don't assume or gossip that there is something in their marriage. Marriage takes tons of work and mostly for people in their positions, don't be so negative until the palace or the CPC says something themselves.

Please,this is not about private pains whereever they may occur.But while you're at it I had the same three times so what's new...I don't assume nor gossip nor read rags... and I'm the most cheerfull person on the planet....I just say as it is.Too bad it blows bubbles here and there or your personal bubble,but blame MM for that,she started...

Last edited:
Please,this is not about private pains whereever they may occur.But while you're at it I had the same three times so what's new...I don't assume nor gossip nor read rags... and I'm the most cheerfull person on the planet....I just say as it is.Too bad it blows bubbles here and there or your personal bubble,but blame MM for that,she started...

It still stands-is there a source for your assertion of there being a person in New York waiting for her?

Well, no offence, Mirabel - but this is neither hollywood nor movie stars:whistling:
we´re talking about... And please don´t say it´s the same!
You might not know, but here in europe we luckily deal things in quite a different fashion than
people in the US perhaps do.

Of course it's the same...for everyone.

(Yes, I realize that some- not only in Europe- have an open marriage where they remain married in name only, while living separate lives. You may consider that lucky; I find it soulless).

I remember the 80s when there were rumours doing the rounds that Charles and Diana's marriage was in trouble but that was regarded as rubbish - particularly by those who believed in fairy-tales but we now know those rumours were true - and the late 80s were when they appeared quite affectionate in public, unlike the early 90s - probably because they were both involved with other people.

I don't believe in fairy-tales and wouldn't be surprised to hear of another divorce in royal circles - which couple I don't know but I am fairly sure that at least of the 'perfect couples' will divorce.

That's a great point. There are no fairy tales and when, not if, one of these couples split up, whether tomorrow or 20 years from now, there will be reverberations of shock from people who wanted or needed to believe that someone else's marriage was a fairy tale.

I'd more more shocked if none of these current royals split up at any point. :p

Ofcourse they could divorce, there have been several royal or noble couples who had a divorce in the past (3/4 of Q.Elisabeth's children, P.Joachim Denmark, P.Irene/ Christina/ Margarita Netherlands, loads of Monaco's family)
It's just that with CP.Haakon and MM it's for me a little harder to imagine (and after all, even when you have a difficult period in a marriage, doesn't necessarily mean divorce), so as long as we don't hear it from the Norwegian RF or serious media in Norway, for me these are just rumours..

Besides, he'd look foolish if he were to divorce her, especially if cheating is involved (now, I'm not saying that it is).

I mean, he wouldn't care to hear all people who would say I told you so.

Well, around 50% of all couples divorce sooner or later; so one could always presume, that divorce is pending and be half-right... or wrong

I mean, he wouldn't care to hear all people who would say I told you so.

On the other side, he would be also foolish to keep this marriage, only to not hear "I told you so".
I mean of course IF he wanted divorce.

It's not unusual for them to visit Sandringham. King Harald's father and the Queen Mother were good friends.

They are cousins. King Olav was born "Alexander" at Windsor or Sandringham -- his mother being Maud, the daughter of Edward VII.

It still stands-is there a source for your assertion of there being a person in New York waiting for her?

Lucien may be right. I don't know what info he has but I've actually heard a name from a lot of sources too. BUT i won't say any name until the Palace says something as it's still nothing more than just rumours to me.

If it's just false rumours i hope the couple makes a statement some time in the future to show us all.

Last edited:
Lucien may be right. I don't know what info he has but I've actually heard a name from a lot of sources too. BUT i won't say any name until the Palace says something as it's still nothing more than just rumours to me.

Same here, I have also heard a name some time ago and consider it as a rumour so far. But it is extremely awful if this rumour is false and an outsider person has connected to this rumour. And this rumour is agonizing for Mette-Marit's and Haakon's children.

Could someone translate please? Thanks.

its just about her hospital stay and how she is in rehab now.

"Mette-Marit takes his rehabilitation very seriously and user walks in the scenic area around Skaugum, as a way to regain her strength again.

According to Norwegian See and Hear Everything shows that Crown Princess Mette-Marit pursue this as she has been seen several times on walks in the area.

The court has previously announced that Mette-Marit sick leave between 6 - 8 weeks - so far."

Absolutely no mention of twitter rumours.

NN: :bang: I realy HATE this saying! It is so negativ and untrue. There are a lot of badmouthed people who take fun in smearing others.

Your comment really is right on, I am so sick to death of negative, bad-mouthing idiots who have nothing better to do with their time then make up ugly stories or repeat insane rumors about people that don't even know personally. This type of behavior is sick, and childish and mean, negative, cruel and hateful, this is don by spiteful people who are so jealous of what others have and they don't have the same.

My grandmother used to say to me: If you can't say something nice, then be QUIET, nobody needs lies or rumors or negative energy nor do we need sugar just to say something, *the truth is always the best answer to anything*...

Lucien:please,this is not about private pains whereever they may occur.But while you're at it I had the same three times so what's new...I don't assume nor gossip nor read rags... and I'm the most cheerfull person on the planet....I just say as it is.Too bad it blows bubbles here and there or your personal bubble,but blame MM for that,she started...

When a person regardless of who it is, is in pain, it's NOBODY'S BUSINESS but that person's.....
Cheerful......with your comment, seriously doubt that
Personal bubble......what the heck is that
Blame MM.........please tell me what you blame her for.........being sick?
Karma does have a way of back biting people that are nasty any where on this earth..
Honesty in an question is always the best answer.......

Okay, what is the substance here?

Have Haakon or MM been seen being a little too fond of someone else?
Have they had a row in public?
Have they been seen hardly being able to endure eachother in public?
Do they live most of the time apart?
Has anyone who must be considered to be in the know, said anything about their relationship?
Are there any other concrete signs of an impending divorce?

If the answer to the above questions is no, what is left?

Last edited:
Famous saying - why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Yes, there's that as well. Charles and Harald would be second cousins once removed.

They are cousins. King Olav was born "Alexander" at Windsor or Sandringham -- his mother being Maud, the daughter of Edward VII.

is this because Princess MM cant do her royal engagement due to her health problem than some said ok there is somethingwrong about their marriage?

I do not know much about either Haakon or MM other than they are a crown princely couple of Norway and that they have children. From time to time I've caught blips of information here on their activities and such but in no way could I ever say I "know" them perhaps as well as I would "know" a British royal. I use the word know lightly in the respect that I tend to read more about one more than the other.

As its been stated many times here, this is all rumor. So what if they've not have those moments we love to post about and see in the "Loving moments" thread lately. Marriage isn't about loving looks, holding hands and cooing sweet nothings into one's ear 24/7. It involves disagreements, "I don't like you too much right now" days and times you wish the other would simply go away somewhere. It involves doing things you really might not want to do sometimes and responsibilities that just cannot be avoided. There is not enough money in the world that can ever purchase instant happiness or togetherness.

Would it really be the end of the world if this couple realizes that sometimes the best way to love someone is to let them go? Would it be so hard to watch a couple try to work out their relationship by a trial separation? Would it be so much of an utter surprise to realize that these were in fact, all rumors? A relationship is between two people in a marriage and no one else and we cannot even begin to fathom the ins and outs of anyone's relationships besides our own.

These rumors are not a scandal. They are not anything but a waste of breath compounded by a fan that flames them into a whirlwind. Its empty words that keep those with something missing in their lives that they feel that they need to focus on someone else's without a clue what they're talking about even. Perhaps Haakon and MM are somewhere laughing at it all even.

I feel sorry for those that need to feed on the rumors and not the couple itself.

Last edited:
Well said Osipi... as usual you are full of good sense !

Agree Osipi except for the use of the word "fans". People who care about this couple would not have created this whirlwind. Trolls - bitter, nasty people who love to cause damage. I do not feel sorry for them at all. I think it is a crime - young people have died because of this type of bullying, vicious behaviour by individuals who do not recognise any responsibility for their actions.

NN: :bang: I realy HATE this saying! It is so negativ and untrue. There are a lot of badmouthed people who take fun in smearing others.

Your comment really is right on, I am so sick to death of negative, bad-mouthing idiots who have nothing better to do with their time then make up ugly stories or repeat insane rumors about people that don't even know personally. This type of behavior is sick, and childish and mean, negative, cruel and hateful, this is don by spiteful people who are so jealous of what others have and they don't have the same.

My grandmother used to say to me: If you can't say something nice, then be QUIET, nobody needs lies or rumors or negative energy nor do we need sugar just to say something, *the truth is always the best answer to anything*...

Amen! I think that MM is a natural target for the haters and nay-sayers because of her pre-marital status as an unwed mother. However, I have to say that MM has carried herself as well as any other Crown Princess since her marriage. As for the rumor that there is someone waiting for her in New York --- I cannot believe that MM would leave two of her three children in Norway while she goes on to a new life in New York.

Some people are really sooo hateful!:bang:

Agree Osipi except for the use of the word "fans". People who care about this couple would not have created this whirlwind. Trolls - bitter, nasty people who love to cause damage. I do not feel sorry for them at all. I think it is a crime - young people have died because of this type of bullying, vicious behaviour by individuals who do not recognise any responsibility for their actions.

Whoooops! As usual, being reigning Queen of Typos, I had to have at least one. My intention was to say "fan the flames" rather than infer that fans of the couple were to be blamed. :) Thanks for finding that one. :D

Its been corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom