Press reports: Norwegian Divorce Rumours

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not surprising. A divorce is a usual thing even for senior royals nowadays.

How can people still, after it is a fact that MM has been operated, doubt, that she has these hurtful problems with her neck?! I´m asking YOU, Lucien!

...obviously not the VERY last....

Thank you.But obviously I don't oblige to all your wishes allthough I am aware that must be new to you.:).

Last edited:
The norwegian media writes nothing about this rumours... So I think, it is nothing in it. If their CP-couple would have some problems with eachother, than I am sure they would find out ("Se og Her"(!) or Side2 or Aftenposten...).

I doubt that Haakon and MM are divorced/are thinking about a divorce, and like others here I'm going to wait for an official announcement from the Royal Court rather than starting to speculate. I've always thought that the couple seem to be very much in love, judging by the photos I have seen. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of them where they're standing far apart from each other.

Last edited:
Well Haakon and Mette Marit are real people, not fictional characters in a fairy tale story, hence both happy and sad things can occur.

But I don't belive in anything at all until the Palace makes an announcement and I hope everyone here do the same.

What we know today is that she is on sick leave because of a neck surgery. That's all I need to know until the Palace says something.

It's anybody here from Norway? I would like to see their opinion about this. Did you belive this rumour? Thanks

The norwegian media writes nothing about this rumours... So I think, it is nothing in it. If their CP-couple would have some problems with eachother, than I am sure they would find out ("Se og Her"(!) or Side2 or Aftenposten...).

I disagree. The 'serious' media (incl. Gossip print magazines) not writing about something is no indication at all. There are lots of examples, not only in royalty, where powerful media bosses know things that remain in the closet for various reasons - loyalty, using this knowledge at the right time etc etc. Royal examples are the Charles & Diana saga, where british inside journalists knew for years that things were wrong but it wasnt mentioned, in Denmark the divorce of Joachim and Alexandra came as a surprise for the public. In France it was an open secret in certain circles that Mitterand had a partner and child apart from his wife yet the public only found out when he died. The media never picked up on the issue.

I personally believe that the marriage is difficult, has always been, but I dont believe they are splitting up. If there is something up in Norway I could rather imagine that Harald abdicates due to health reasons or that Ari & Märtha are splitting up.

Well, there are very poignant differences between Charles/Diana or Joachim/Alexandra and Haakon and MM: Both couples haven´t been seen together enjoying themselves in each others company for a long time before their split-up. I never believe that a marriage, which is not only important on a personal basis but also for matters of state would be thrown away like nothing for a few difficulties (if there are any) although everything was fine three months ago. Do you really believe Haakon and Mette-Marit are the kind of people pretending things in such a way?! If you do, you don´t seem to follow the activities and lives of the norwegian royal family for a very long time!
Charles and Diana dealt with heavy rumours about lovers, loud fightings and quarrels for years. Joachim and Alex´s seperation came as a surprise indeed - but they haven´t been seen together treating each other affectionately for about 2 years before they seperated.
Also Prcss Märtha and Aris marriage seem to be a very strong one, based on much love and respect, too!

I'm another who believes in the no smoke without fire saying.
If there are widespread rumors about this, then there's something happening, imo.

(Usually when this happens there are adamant denials at first, then the separation, followed by the divorce).

Remember with Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere? They actually sued the press and won!! I've always wondered if they had to return the $$$ when they did get divorced after all.

Time will show. But for now I won't believe in those rumours.
And the court would not invent a surgery as cover up of marital problems, would they? So, if the surgery is real, it would be enormous coincidence that her back problems occur simultaneously with any other supposed reason for her staying away from the public.

Lucien:The pain in the neck has a name.MM.

Are you going to deny that she had an operation and has been in serious pain? Just because she is on leave from an illness does not mean they are separating nor divorcing....my son had this medical problem and was in the hospital longer then MM was and on medical leave for months afterwards, so please don't assume or gossip that there is something in their marriage. Marriage takes tons of work and mostly for people in their positions, don't be so negative until the palace or the CPC says something themselves.

Just heard on Place Royale , She sold her clothes on internet for Charity.

Just heard on Place Royale , She sold her clothes on internet for Charity.

she sold a few of her things on the internet for charity. She did the same thing in the past. No connection

If there are widespread rumors about this, then there's something happening, imo.

(Usually when this happens there are adamant denials at first, then the separation, followed by the divorce).

Remember with Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere? They actually sued the press and won!! I've always wondered if they had to return the $$$ when they did get divorced after all.

Well, no offence, Mirabel - but this is neither hollywood nor movie stars:whistling:
we´re talking about... And please don´t say it´s the same!
You might not know, but here in europe we luckily deal things in quite a different fashion than
people in the US perhaps do.

Last edited:
This is one couple that I would stake all my money on "going the distance". The media has jumped on the fact that Mette-Marit hasn't been seen much since early October. The extended sick leave announcement may have raised questions in some people's minds as to what was going on.
There is no mystery. The poor girl has been in a lot of pain, has undergone an operation and is now slowly recovering. Leave her alone. Leave them alone.

DITTO! It took me a looong time to warm up to the idea of Haakon and Mette-Marit, but now they are one of my favorite Royal couples. Their family is fairytale beautiful.:p

I know the type of injury MM has, because I had it myself and it's excruciating. I don't believe they are anywhere close to separation.
:ermm:

I rarely follow the NRF, and I never felt any particular sympathy for MM, but this has nothing to do with the divorce rumour. They have young and lovely kids, and I do not wish the rumor to be true, especially for Haakon, who fought very hardly to make MM accepted.
Reading the previous posts, I'm astonished that some posters strongly believe that "It will never happen". How could you say that? None of us is close friend of the couple, we never met them! We are in the real life, H& MM are real people with feelings, weaknesses and strenghts, and in real life, some times love is finished and people divorce. How could you be persuated that it will never happen to them?

Well, no offence, Mirabel - but this is neither hollywood nor movie stars:whistling:
we´re talking about... And please don´t say it´s the same!
You might not know, but here in europe we luckily deal things in quite a different fashion than
people in the US perhaps do.

It happens in Europe as well. Lord Jeffrey Archer sued a tabloid for printing stories that he was an affair and won. Turns out, the affair was real.

I hope these rumours aren't true but MM and Haakon are still human and relationships between couples can change as people get older.

Hopefully it is a rough patch like we all go through and they will get the time and space to work through it.

Will believe an actual divorce when we get confirmation from the court.

Honestly, Haakon and MM are one of the royal couples I'd least expect to divorce. They seem so genuinely fond of each other and I just can't picture it happening. Also, you know it's probably BS when they site "people on social media sites as Twitter as sources - Twitter is definitely not a reliable source. I wish they would just let MM recover in peace.

I hope these rumours aren't true but MM and Haakon are still human and relationships between couples can change as people get older.

Hopefully it is a rough patch like we all go through and they will get the time and space to work through it.

Will believe an actual divorce when we get confirmation from the court.

I agree.

I'm not sure the "where there's smoke there's fire" has much merit in the days of social media, but because a fair percentage of marriages do end in divorce, I'll just wait and see.

I remember the 80s when there were rumours doing the rounds that Charles and Diana's marriage was in trouble but that was regarded as rubbish - particularly by those who believed in fairy-tales but we now know those rumours were true - and the late 80s were when they appeared quite affectionate in public, unlike the early 90s - probably because they were both involved with other people.

I don't believe in fairy-tales and wouldn't be surprised to hear of another divorce in royal circles - which couple I don't know but I am fairly sure that at least of the 'perfect couples' will divorce.

Gosh, I am still shaking and I am somehow shocked by the rumors and discussions.

You may call me naive, too much a "fairy-tale" believer, but I never, never would expect such a step at H & MM. So I really and honestly hope, that this is just a rumor, as MM has not been seen in Public for such a Long time. May she revover well, return to public and Show the strength in ther relationship with Haakon in their first Joint appointments.
Bye Bine

http://oi43.tinypic.com/28a23cy.jpg

:bang: I realy HATE this saying! It is so negativ and untrue. There are a lot of badmouthed people who take fun in smearing others.

I was subjeced to very bad rumors myself in younger years. And instead of the others to have to proof they where right; I had to proof that these allegations where wrong. And sth. sticks forever.

I wish every person, who repeats this 'no smoke without fire' that they experience such a situations themselves - then they will be much more carefull with badmouthing others.

Nowadays it is sooo easy - you just put out sth on social medias and others will spread it - it becomes a rumor and soon, hello and their likes print it, and a lot of people take it for a truth.

It happens in Europe as well. Lord Jeffrey Archer sued a tabloid for printing stories that he was an affair and won. Turns out, the affair was real.

Are we talking about some Lord Archers or Cindy Crawfords here or the CP couple of Norway?!?:ermm:

Gosh, I am still shaking and I am somehow shocked by the rumors and discussions.

You may call me naive, too much a "fairy-tale" believer, but I never, never would expect such a step at H & MM. So I really and honestly hope, that this is just a rumor, as MM has not been seen in Public for such a Long time. May she revover well, return to public and Show the strength in ther relationship with Haakon in their first Joint appointments.
Bye Bine

http://oi43.tinypic.com/28a23cy.jpg

Couldn´t agree more, Bine!
Twitter based its rumour on the non-presence of the Crown Princess in public because of her sick-leave. It was alleged this sick-leave was false. Hello-magazine grounded its report on this rumour, not claiming there were marriage problems between the CP and CPcess, but that Twitter spread the rumour thet there were problems!
In that regard everyone who has to undergo a surgery and has to stay at home for some time due to this operation is threatened by divorce...?!
Can´t you see how ridiculous this is?
This has nothing to do with "believing in fairy-tale", being naive etc. People having marital problems have marital problems and that´s that.
But evidences to claim such a thing are still missing in this particular case in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom