Press reports: Norwegian Divorce Rumours

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishRoyalist

Courtier
City
Somewhere
Country
United States
There are rumors going around on Twitter that Haakon and and Mette-Marit are getting a Divorcee.

I have read it in Hola and I am soooo surprised!!!!
i think that if it was a totattly non sense history The royal houve should make a quik statement......

Strange.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe these false rumors. the crown princess had health problems and had an operation. it is why we did not see Mett Marit. There are always bad rumors on twittter. Hola repeats these rumors to sell a lot of newpapers.

i think that if it was a totattly non sense history The royal houve should make a quik statement......

I agree. I think it has reached a point where it would be wise for the royal house to issue a denial- if the rumors are untrue. The fact that they haven't done so is making me wonder...

No, definitely not. You shouldn´t put on too much importance on this nonsense by giving any statements! A "quick statement" would only proof that there´s some truth about a rumour.

Thanks melina premiere and wartenberg7!!
The Royal Court never reacts to any rumours that are floating around twitter or whereever else and right so, they wouldn't do anything else than denying rumours that some people write in the internet.
The Norwegian media haven't picked it up. If there was any press conference scheduled they would write about it.
We know nothing about their private life and I find it sad that people make conclusions and believe things that's written somewhere without source.

There is an article: a private person called the Palace to ask if this rumour is true and they said: "Do not listen to it! We are familiar with the rumor, and it's just a rumor." The woman recorded the call.
Bekymrede nordmenn ringer Slottet om skilsmisserykter | ABC Nyheter
Google Translation

Last edited:
It can't be true. This love and relationship started in so difficult circumstances, that I am sure it will be never end. They had at the time a very, very hard period in their life but they are married... They won't give up so easily. Never.
It can be, that some people want to try with such rumours, that Mette-Marit makes some public appearance, to show that everything is ok with the marriage.
Also I miss her, but I hope she will recover soon and we will see her in the near future.

she is been missing since when? Now is the Portuguese press that make the information in magazines today...

This is one couple that I would stake all my money on "going the distance". The media has jumped on the fact that Mette-Marit hasn't been seen much since early October. The extended sick leave announcement may have raised questions in some people's minds as to what was going on.
There is no mystery. The poor girl has been in a lot of pain, has undergone an operation and is now slowly recovering. Leave her alone. Leave them alone.

Hello name their sources as "social media". Not a close friend, or the palace, or even "royal sources". Rumour and speculation because MM has not been seen in a number of weeks.

:previous:
...and not just "social media" but "stories and comments...have appeared on social media sites such as Twitter."
In other words, it's no more than Twitter rumour-mongering dressed up and reproduced around the traps as "news". Ho hum. :nonono:

One could also question how a 140-character tweet morphs into a "story".
The line above contains 70 characters. Apparently that's enough to be considered half a story, whereas once it was no more than a sentence.

I hope so, they are such a lovely couple together. It will be really sad to see them seperated.

Funny that those rumours come from the same social media Haakon & MM are usually so fond of, twittering some 'news' about themselves frequently. Rumors say that MM cheated on Haakon, who knows, I can easily believe that MM is 'unsettled' or 'restless', she never seemed fully committed to her CP role but trying to find herself, who knows in what way she changed after Utoya, it seemed to have affected her a lot. But in general the couple has sucessfully managed to stay together so far, I don't believe that was easy but they always seemed to be fully aware and committed.

What I can totally believe is that is possible to keep 'serious' media from writing about a big story eg like a separation and not participate in rumours until there is a confirmation. Social media is something you cannot control.

I would rather wait for a confirmation. For now, IMO is that she is recovering and took leave early because of the pain she has been in. She has taken such leave before because of the same problem. She just had surgery so obviously she will need more time off. I don't see how social media has jumped to the conclusion they are going separate ways.

Swedish Svensk Damtidning wrote already on last week's issue (21st November) that there are rumours that the couple is heading for a divorce. Damtidning wrote though that these are just evil rumours and Haakon's and Mette-Marit's marriage should be one of the most stable royal marriages.

This is part of why I could not be famous or a Royal - I would hate people interfering in my life and creating rumours about relationship and marriage.

I don't know much about the Norwegian Royal family, but this couple have always looked very happy together and I know the struggle they went through to be accepted. If these rumours are true then so be it, but for now I think we should wait until the rumours have been accepted or denied. If they are true then the media should respect their rights to privacy, particularly as there are 3 children involved. The media do not want to repeat a Princess of Wales scandal and have the children hate the media. Though to be fair the British media did not handle the seperations of both Charles and Andrew's marriages well, thus affecting the children but that is another story.

I don't believe it for one minute. Anyone with a grudge against the couple can start a whisper campaign on social media and watch it grow. Until the palace makes an official announcement it is a waste of time speculating.

I would rather wait for a confirmation. For now, IMO is that she is recovering and took leave early because of the pain she has been in. She has taken such leave before because of the same problem. She just had surgery so obviously she will need more time off. I don't see how social media has jumped to the conclusion they are going separate ways.

That is what angers me. She isn't seen much, she takes sick leave so the natural conclusion must be that they are about to separate. Give me strength. !

Has there been any indication prior to early October that anything could be wrong. ? Any report of arguments, pictures of the couple looking angry with one another. ?? I don't think so.

As recently as his 40th birthday celebration they seemed affectionate with one another. I also think it's telling the Haakon cancelled a planned trip when MM was scheduled for her neck surgery. If there were trouble in their marriage I think he'd have went ahead with all or part of his trip IMO

I have no indication they weren't perfectly in their hippie bubble.

There's a possibility that the rumors could be true but I won't believe anything until the Palace makes an announcement.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/28a23cy.jpg

http://oi41.tinypic.com/289klc2.jpg

I don't believe it either until the palace makes an official announcement.

Personally I don't belive in these rumours for a minute. That's all I have to say about that. ;)

:previous:
...and not just "social media" but "stories and comments...have appeared on social media sites such as Twitter."
In other words, it's no more than Twitter rumour-mongering dressed up and reproduced around the traps as "news". Ho hum. :nonono:

One could also question how a 140-character tweet morphs into a "story".
The line above contains 70 characters. Apparently that's enough to be considered half a story, whereas once it was no more than a sentence.

I agree.Still.If the saying if there is smoke there is fire is true,then it applies here.Unfortunately.I'm the last to bust into what some consider a fairytale,It is known for a few months already ...longer actually..that there isn't a calm sea the marriage is in,But one Always hopes for the best.It's not his fault.She used to have a fear of flying,but NYC seemed to have helped her to overwin that former fear knowing what...or rather who...awaits her there......All the hullabaloo about pain in the neck and what not that circumnavigated fora and boards these last weeks or months...nah...The pain in the neck has a name.MM.I am very sorry for both Haakon and MM and the children.

Last edited:
Lucien, if you spread the story, please state your source

Lucien, if you spread the story, please state your source

I don't spread it,that was already done as you have read,and I'm the very last to promote BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom