Official Visit To Russia - October 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polfoto 31-10-2003: MURMANSK, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 31. Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon (L), currently on an official visit in Murmansk, writng in the guestbook aboard the Taimyr icebreaker, on Friday.

Polfoto 31-10-2003: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 31. Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon © visits the Museum of Northern Fleet in Murmansk, on Friday.

Polfoto 31-10-2003: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 31. Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon ® and Murmansk Region Governor Yuri Yevdokimov share a smile while visiting the Museum of Northern Fleet in Murmansk, on Friday.

Polfoto 31-10-2003: MOSCOW, RUSSIA. OCTOBER 31. Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon ® listens to a guide's explanations while visiting the Museum of Northern Fleet in Murmansk, on Friday.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 278
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many suitcases they took along with them, for a trip of one week?

I figure MM had ... what 8 outfits along, with a number of jackets and shoes/boots ... so, eight suitcases ?????? for her, and two for him ? :)

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 31st, 2003 - 3:01 pm
I figure MM had ... what 8 outfits along, with a number of jackets and shoes/boots ... so, eight suitcases ?????? for her, and two for him ? :)
Princess MM is much prettier than Prince Haakon, so what do you expect?

I was wondering how these state visits work? There seems to be very few, and they are usually between different monarchies? Belgium went to France lately, and then Norway to Russia, but that seems different.

The US Presidents usually make their pilgrimage to QEII, but I don't remember how long it's been since she made an official visit to Washington DC? I heard somewhere that it's awkward since Bush Jr. doesn't want to interface with Prince Charles in anyway. Also Charles managed to offend the Chinese during their state visit from what I read somewhere.

Originally posted by thissal@Oct 31st, 2003 - 7:45 pm
The US Presidents usually make their pilgrimage to QEII, but I don't remember how long it's been since she made an official visit to Washington DC? I heard somewhere that it's awkward since Bush Jr. doesn't want to interface with Prince Charles in anyway.
Maybe I am not quite up to snuff on my current events, but what does President George W. Bush have against Prince Charles? Is it because Prince Charles was against the war in Iraq (even though Prime Minister Tony Blair was in full support) and President Bush was obviously in support of it?

The Queen hasn't made a state visit in a long time to my recollection. She made numerous visits in celebration of her Jubilee year but since then has (to my memory) only been visited by heads of states and royal families.

The Queen has also not attended many royal events in recent years if they are abroad, including weddings and funerals. The only "foreign" royal whose wedding I can recally at the moment the Queen attended was Princess Alexia's wedding to Carlos Morales, and even then only because it was also in London and King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie are good friends of the British royals. She did not even attend the funerals of either Prince Claus of the Netherlands or Queen Ingrid of Denmark, the former being the husband of her peer and the latter being a peer herself.

Originally posted by thissal+Oct 31st, 2003 - 7:45 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thissal @ Oct 31st, 2003 - 7:45 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-King Christian@Oct 31st, 2003 - 3:01 pm

I was wondering how these state visits work? There seems to be very few, and they are usually between different monarchies? Belgium went to France lately, and then Norway to Russia, but that seems different.

The US Presidents usually make their pilgrimage to QEII, but I don't remember how long it's been since she made an official visit to Washington DC? I heard somewhere that it's awkward since Bush Jr. doesn't want to interface with Prince Charles in anyway. Also Charles managed to offend the Chinese during their state visit from what I read somewhere. [/b][/quote]
that true!

i think i read in the dressing diana book i would remind about Princess Diana have lots suitcase bypass the airport when she visit overseas with Prince Charles than Prince Charles. Princess Diana have trunks for her dress and lots clothes, tiara, hats, shoes and lots mores! that why Princess Diana need traveling to U.S.A. for first times.

I think Princess M-M would like as Princess Diana because Princess M-M have few clothes for occasion but mostly Princess Diana needs for banquet with president and King and Queen and also Prime Minister. but Princess Diana really important because she become Queen of England.

what you think about my message?

All Right !!!!!

Some-one who knows how to stay on topic.

thissal  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 7:45 pm
(King Christian @ Oct 31st, 2003 - 3:01 pm)
I figure MM had ... what 8 outfits along, with a number of jackets and shoes/boots ... so, eight suitcases ?????? for her, and two for him ?
Duhhh ..... I sort of knew that. I was wondering how many suitcases were taken along on her behalf.

Actually state visits are when the head of a country visits another .... it just with monarchies there's a lot of pomp and circumstance that is expected !!???!!!

What do you mean by few ... according to the webpages of the royals that I read, they average about 1 to 2 abroad every year and receive about the same number as well. Just like it is for Pres. Bush, I imagine a lot of work (and hence time) goes into scoping out the route beforehand, making sure all the players are available ...

The US Presidents usually make their pilgrimage to QEII, but I don't remember how long it's been since she made an official visit to Washington DC?
Have you checked QE2's webpage .. I recall seeing it a while ago?

I heard somewhere that it's awkward since Bush Jr. doesn't want to interface with Prince Charles in anyway.
Why's that?

Also Charles managed to offend the Chinese during their state visit from what I read somewhere.
:) Could it be said, "Must be hard for a thinking person to co-exist with those who have the thinking done for them"? ;)

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 31st, 2003 - 7:43 pm
Also Charles managed to offend the Chinese during their state visit from what I read somewhere.
:) Could it be said, "Must be hard for a thinking person to co-exist with those who have the thinking done for them"? ;)
Ummm, now I'm confused. I haven't heard of Pr. Charles thinking for himself, and the few Chinese I've known have been brilliant, so maybe you were referring to Charles? I tell ya, he needs Camilla along on these pomp and circumstance meetings. She helped him pick a wife, so surely she can help him in more trivial details?

thissal  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 11:13 pm

She helped him pick a wife, so surely she can help him in more trivial details?

see "Charles and Camilla" under British Royals for answer. :)

thissal  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 11:13 pm
King Christian  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 10:43 pm

was wondering how many suitcases were taken along on her behalf ?

But you've evaded my question .... how many strange shaped hat boxes did MM take along for her assortment of clothes? and did she select - like most women do - the stuff that Haakon was supposed to wear? :innocent:

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 31st, 2003 - 8:43 pm
But you've evaded my question .... how many strange shaped hat boxes did MM take along for her assortment of clothes? and did she select - like most women do - the stuff that Haakon was supposed to wear? :innocent:
Ah ha, but I have not evaded your question, I was savoring it.

Do you remember that hat that MM wore (Maud's christening I think) that looked like a spider's web sticking up in the middle of nowhere? I first saw it on MM and thought how strange. Then I started to see it on other royal ladies, so maybe it's not so strange to others at least.

But still MM is not big on hats from what I can tell, and I doubt she would be like most women and tell Prince Haakon what he should wear. Well, she might under normal circumstances, except that being born royal and around photographers all his life probably puts CP Haakon 2 steps ahead of MM in the "suppose to wear" department.

OTOH, I have no doubt that Princess Martha could fill a train car with her hat boxes and her husband wouldn't dare wear anything (in public) without her prior approval.

Originally posted by jun5@Nov 8th, 2003 - 4:52 am
Great pics, Alexandria. Thank you :flower:

I think that their photograph has many lovely scenes.
Thank you jun5! :flower:

But it's easy to find nice pictures of this couple since they are often quite photogenic and they had such great scenery as backdrops in Russia.

I really like the fashion taste of CP Mette-Marit. Very fashionable even when she is pregnant. Unlike other women who chooses very simple patterns when pregnant but her, still the same! :) She is more radiant this times. More vivacious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom