Mette-Marit's visit to Switzerland April 25-26

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
geat minds think a like ehehe!!

Larzen said:
Mette-Marit does not like that USA does not grant Visum to people with HIV/AIDS, but she cant comment on it directly

When Aftenposten asked her about it she said: It is a political questions I cant answer, but stigma and discrimination of people wuth HIV/AIDS shoudl not occure and it is one of the most important questions for UNAIDs to work with
Mette-Marit had a hard time in the beginning of her public life, one of her best supporters were the then Bishop of Oslo, Gunnar Stålest, he did not hesitate when she asked if he would go with her to the conference in Toronto. He says that the Crown Princess is a role model on a national level but can also become an international on (Personally I dont think so, Norway is a tiny country) Also Haakon will go with them to Toronto
My note
This follows an article (cant remember where I read it) who said that Mette-Marit, Haakon and Sonja are not so happy with the new bishop of Oslo Ole Kristian Kvarme, Kvarme is much more conservative, especially on gay issues than Stålett, and that the royal family does not have the same good relationship with Kvarme as they did with Stålsett (who married them). The Bishop of Oslo is the royal familys family priest by tradition and thus it was him who baptized Sverre Magnus.
Interesting. It seems the Norwegian royal family is willing to make more statements that might be seen as political in comparison to other Royal Families.

They have not made any statement about the new bishop of Oslo, its just "sources" that say they are not in agrements on several issues.

Nettavisen has taken a torough look at her two outfits, with big closeup of all the details, even more pics at the link
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/mote/article622489.ece?id=75862&slide=0#slide

Nettavisen fashionista thinks the red and purpel suit is fresh and suits her, she says that Mette-Marit has devloped a good contact with several norwegian designers, even if she still has some help with her clothes she also likes to make her own decisions

Attachments

• 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 196
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
thank...

...you larzen for this absolute stunning pctures of Mette Marit..shes just gourgeous..THANKS (btw: like the size)

greetings nylonluva

Mette Marit is stunning in these pictures. She is a true natural beauty. The red suit looked great and very well put together. Thanks for all the beautiful pictures of this lovely princess. I really enjoy watching this family!

A few commenst she made in Geneva to Aftenposten
What does the Crown Princess do to teach her children to be respectful and not be prejudiced?

It’s an encompassing Question, but first and foremost it’s important to keep the window open to the world, and let your children meet and interact with people from different countries and cultures. Dialogue is also important, and we talk a lot with our children

I think working with children is our chance to shape the future, we need young people enthusiasm, creativity and open mind. The main thing is how everyone of us can make a difference and contribute to positive change weather it be locally or globally

The visit has been very positive and means a lot for my personal engagement, I’m very impressed by everyone who is working in the foundation and UNAIDS

Pic from Nettavisen

Attachments

• mette-marit_244938c.jpg
    mette-marit_244938c.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 213
Mette Marit is really stunning on this black and white picture. Somehow reminds me of Grace Kelly, although they do not really resemble each other.

Wow, that black and white picture of Mette-Marit is gorgeous!

kwanfan said:
Wow, that black and white picture of Mette-Marit is gorgeous!
Yes, make me think it's not her!!!!!!!!She doesn't know how to dress properly, she needs to loose so mucht weight, she needs to cut her hair, a more fashion way, she really needs to have help from a Valentino, a Karl Langerfeld or she can ask Princess Mary or her close friend Rosario Nadal!!!!

biboquinhas said:
Yes, make me think it's not her!!!!!!!!She doesn't know how to dress properly, she needs to loose so mucht weight, she needs to cut her hair, a more fashion way, she really needs to have help from a Valentino, a Karl Langerfeld or she can ask Princess Mary or her close friend Rosario Nadal!!!!

Whatever your opinions of Mette-Marit may be, weight is subjective because it depends on body types and metabolic rates. For some women, it may take up to a year to regain their former shape after having a baby. Please let's leave the weight issue alone.

Mandy
Norway Moderator

biboquinhas said:
Perhaps she's more considered with looking after her three kids and working for important causes such as UNAIDS then she is with losing weight and shopping for expensive clothes.

kwanfan said:
Perhaps she's more considered with looking after her three kids and working for important causes such as UNAIDS then she is with losing weight and shopping for expensive clothes.

From what one knows about her this seems to be true. She's not really into fashion but her family is her top priority. That's one thing you have to admire her for: she is herself. That's it.

If you are looking on Mette-Marit, you can see natural beauty. I asked myself, why she doesnt wear eye-catching jewels, fabolous dress and why she doesnt use more makeup. I found the answer: in first time she is a princess, she have to shine with her personality, not with her outfit. With outfit can shine everybody. And on second place whe is wife and mother. She must care about her children, she must help to her husband. So, please, try to find in her more than empty fashion "Barbie", because, she tries to do something more for everybody who needs a help.

Last edited:
mims111 said:
If you are looking on Mette-Marit, you can see natural beauty. I asked myself, why she doesnt wear eye-catching jewels, fabolous dress and why she doesnt use more makeup. I found the answer: in first time she is a princess, she have to shine with her personality, not with her outfit. With outfit can shine everybody. And on second place whe is wife and mother. She must care about her children, she must help to her husband. So, please, try to find in her more than empty fashion "Barbie", because, she tries to do something more for everybody who needs a help.

I am really torn about this. On the one hand, I feel that MM tried harder to be glamorous when she was about to get married and looked wonderful as a consequence. I'd like to see more pictures like the pre-wedding ones in which she absolutely glowed. I'd love to see glamour pictures of her, so I'd like her to try harder.
On the other hand, she's true to herself in a job that asks you to conform to tradition or custom or whatever. This shows her strength and is something I really respect. She hasn't been a fashion queen before she got a princess and she isn't one today, either. She's got other priorities, obviously.

Mette-Marit is a loving mum and wife, a good and hard-working future Queen and most of people find she is a truly natural beauty without having to put tons of make-up on her face to be able to be average-looking like some other princesses, whom I will not speak of :rolleyes: ... So, what more can we ask her to be ? She is simply fantastic . Go on, Princess !:)

If you look at the Princess to me her hair is styled but in a simple way, shes got make up on but natural and nice, her dress sense is simple yet classy. She is curvy and i think she looks much better with a bit of weight on. Her style is simply, simple!:)

Anita said:
Mette-Marit is a loving mum and wife, a good and hard-working future Queen and most of people find she is a truly natural beauty without having to put tons of make-up on her face to be able to be average-looking like some other princesses, whom I will not speak of :rolleyes: ... So, what more can we ask her to be ? She is simply fantastic . Go on, Princess !:)

I total agree with you , she is what a princess should be.

kwanfan said:

To begin with: I liked Mette-Marit from day 1.
But I think it's quite strange to suddenly present her as a woman who is not interested in expensive clothes and shopping.
And only interested in working for important causes.

Her work for UNAIDS only just started, so that really can't be the reason for her not being as stylish as other princesses since at least 2 years.
And originally there were many complaints about her extensive and expensive shopping.

I think she was very much interested in fashion and quite glamourous - think of her golden boots for example, her Prada-collection -
but now she sometimes dresses very matronly, for reasons we can only speculate about.
(I personally think it's because of her colourful past that she now dresses so toned-down.:) I actually think she does it on advice.)

But her dresses are still quite expensive and made by exclusive designers,
it's just that her fashion style does not appeal to many people.
For example the dress Mette-Marit wore at Carl Gustav's private birthday dinner and was critizised for by the Swedish press
actually was by Alberta Ferreti and therefore must have been quite expensive.

I personally liked that dress and I like Mette-Marit's natural style better than the over-the-top-style of Maxima.
I think Mette-Marit is a natural beauty, although she may have a few pounds to much
(so does Mathilde, they both already have 3 children, so that's that).
The problem is she has a very bad posture (like many tall woman).
That's the thing she has to improve IMO not her weight.

But to say Mette-Marit is not interested in fashion is nonsense IMHO.

sm1939 said:
I total agree with you , she is what a princess should be.
There is ample room for improvement IMO, for the first she could start showing that she is able to attend day to day duties over a long period of time, not just the sugar and honney duties, and looking presentable for all of them. Her work ethic leaves alot to be desired IMO. Beeing a mother is not her main task, if she wanted to make beeing mother and wife her primary life choice she should not have married Haakon. Her job is to be a representative for Norway, which she is beeing payed lavishly for, and at the moment she is doing too little. She has nannies to help her with the Kids, people to help with the house, garden, prepare speeches etc, even if she goes to a couple of duties a week she will still have more time for her children than other normal women have who have a normal job and has to manage all the daily life things.

As an example I find it unacceptable that she is not going to Bergen with Haakon for the opening of Festspillene in the end of May, this is the most festive day outside of Oslo a year (except national day) and the people of Bergen has always been very welcomming and enthusiastic towards the royals, furthermore she was recently in Bergen for a private wedding, she absolutly should be there. By then it has been almost 6 months since the birth, yes Norwegian women have 1 year maternety leave but they do not have the resources that she has so its time to get working IMO.

And yes she is deffenlty interested in fashion and design, be it Italian, French or Norwegian but her posture ruins several outfits and she does not have the best of taste in accessories in particular; purpel stockings, black stockings for a christening, mismatched purses, unbuttoned jackets, messy hair, the list goes on....

Last edited:
Larzen said:
There is ample room for improvement IMO, for the first she could start showing that she is able to attend day to day duties over a long period of time, not just the sugar and honney duties, and looking presentable for all of them. Her work ethic leaves alot to be desired IMO. Beeing a mother is not her main task, if she wanted to make beeing mother and wife her primary life choice she should not have married Haakon. Her job is to be a representative for Norway, which she is beeing payed lavishly for, and at the moment she is doing too little. She has nannies to help her with the Kids, people to help with the house, garden, prepare speeches etc, even if she goes to a couple of duties a week she will still have more time for her children than other normal women have who have a normal job and has to manage all the daily life things.

As an example I find it unacceptable that she is not going to Bergen with Haakon for the opening of Festspillene in the end of May, this is the most festive day outside of Oslo a year (except national day) and the people of Bergen has always been very welcomming and enthusiastic towards the royals, furthermore she was recently in Bergen for a private wedding, she absolutly should be there. By then it has been almost 6 months since the birth, yes Norwegian women have 1 year maternety leave but they do not have the resources that she has so its time to get working IMO.

And yes she is deffenlty interested in fashion and design, be it Italian, French or Norwegian but her posture ruins several outfits and she does not have the best of taste in accessories in particular; purpel stockings, black stockings for a christening, mismatched purses, unbuttoned jackets, messy hair, the list goes on....

I still stick to my word " she is what a princess should be " but I must say I agree with you about her doing more dutys , Princess Mary didnt really have any time off before she went back to work , so I will say that your right on that one, but I really like her fashion style . ok sometimes she does have strange ideas about hats and tights but is that such a big deal??, but on the whole when she does do duty's she comes across as a careing person , and I think the Norwegians people are lucky to have her as there Princess. hopefully when she does come back full time she will pull her weight

Last edited:
Larzen said:

I think that from May 17. and onwards there should definititely be an increase in Mette-Marit's work-load. Personally, I doubt that whether or not she attends Festspillene is essential , but an increase in programme should happen. I think that the visits that Haakon is making to the schools - especially the ones in the Eastern parts of the country - is something that Mette-Marit could join in on. (Ie. when he is visiting a school on Nøtterøy, June 1st) Or start a similar "tour" of her own, to nursery schools?

Considering that she's the protector of the scouting movement, it might be interesting if she visited a summer camp or something like that.

It will be interesting to see what they do - they are scheduled to take over more and more "overseas" duties from the king and queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom