Mette-Marit's pregnancy with Sverre Magnus

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
norwegianne said:
On the same topic one Swedish commentator in Expressen, on her blogg (in Swedish), accused Mette-Marit of being plain lazy and spoiled for not bothering to come along on the visit, claiming she had never heard of low blood-pressure being a problem during a pregnancy. Norwegian doctors countered with that it is different for every woman, and low blood pressure can be just as problematic as high - the woman would feel very faint, among other things, and that pregnant women are entitled to take special care of themselves, even if they are royals.
Such a load of bull by Linda Skugge, one of Sweden's most controversial media people. So far Expressen, her own newspaper, are the only ones who have had any opinions on why Mette-Marit cancelled her paticipance in the trip to Sweden. I would say the majority of Swedes, and the people of the world, with the exception of Ms Skugge and maybe her closest "allies", totally understand Crown Princess Mette-Marit's decision.

I dont know who this Linda skugge but she sounds like a right pain in the next ,
talking a load of rubbish , by the sounds of it!!

norwegianne said:
It's about Mette-Marit's recent cancellations because of the low bloodpressure, Alisa.

On the same topic one Swedish commentator in Expressen, on her blogg (in Swedish), accused Mette-Marit of being plain lazy and spoiled for not bothering to come along on the visit, claiming she had never heard of low blood-pressure being a problem during a pregnancy. Norwegian doctors countered with that it is different for every woman, and low blood pressure can be just as problematic as high - the woman would feel very faint, among other things, and that pregnant women are entitled to take special care of themselves, even if they are royals.

Thanks Norwegianne, the commentator is being rude and disrespectful. She is no one to have any say on MM's or the baby's health.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1108822.ece

Mette-Marit bows out again

Norway's pregnant crown princess has cancelled another public appearance. She was supposed to attend the opening of a new Red Cross center in Sandvika on Monday, but the visit was called off.
Oslo_Fashion_Week___312743h.jpg
Crown Princess Mette-Marit did manage to attend a fashion industry event a few weeks ago.

PHOTO: HÅKON MOSVOLD LARSEN / SCANPIX

Last edited by a moderator:
Mette-Marit cancelled again

September 6, 2005,
000000blank.jpg
Norway's pregnant Crown Princess Mette-Marit has cancelled a second public appearance inside two weeks.

The crown princess was due to attend the opening of a new Red Cross centre in Sandvika, Norway, on Monday (05.09.05), but the visit was called off at the last minute.

Red Cross confirmed the expecting royal would not be attending to Norwegian news service NTB. Last week, the princess dropped out of a long-planned royal state visit to Sweden after reportedly being advised by doctors to take it easy because of low blood pressure.

Her absence in Sweden prompted some criticism, with newspapers
claiming she was "spoiled" and shirked royal duties too easily.

Karisma said:
September 6, 2005,
000000blank.jpg
Norway's pregnant Crown Princess Mette-Marit has cancelled a second public appearance inside two weeks.

The crown princess was due to attend the opening of a new Red Cross centre in Sandvika, Norway, on Monday (05.09.05), but the visit was called off at the last minute.

Red Cross confirmed the expecting royal would not be attending to Norwegian news service NTB. Last week, the princess dropped out of a long-planned royal state visit to Sweden after reportedly being advised by doctors to take it easy because of low blood pressure.

Her absence in Sweden prompted some criticism, with newspapers
claiming she was "spoiled" and shirked royal duties too easily.

Hey, whatever it takes to keep Mette-Marit and the baby healthy! That's the most important thing right now.

delineate said:
Hey, whatever it takes to keep Mette-Marit and the baby healthy! That's the most important thing right now.

Well, I't was the paper VG (Verdens Gang) in Norway that wrote about MM and her "cancelling". I'm not new an make some misstaks posting, and should have written that the article was in VG, not from me.

But if You've folloved Norway newspaper You can see tha MM have beeen cancelling many times even when shi Is'nt pregnant. I'm glad sha is so helty that sh can be seen in public restaurants in evnings. :mad: BAD BEHAVIOR! (I say!)

Karisma said:
Well, I't was the paper VG (Verdens Gang) in Norway that wrote about MM and her "cancelling". I'm not new an make some misstaks posting, and should have written that the article was in VG, not from me.

But if You've folloved Norway newspaper You can see tha MM have beeen cancelling many times even when shi Is'nt pregnant. I'm glad sha is so helty that sh can be seen in public restaurants in evnings. :mad: BAD BEHAVIOR! (I say!)

so it that above true then that she is always cancelling???even when she wasnt
Pregnant! has any one read this as fact anywhere , and also has any one any photograph's of her in these public restuarants when she is meant to have appeared in puplic in the day time? or is it all hear say???

Last edited:
Whenever Mette-Marit has cancelled an event, she has always had an excellent reason for doing so. This pregnancy hasn't been a walk in the park, and she has also been unfortunate in having other illnesses (such as the flu) from time to time, causing her cancellations. I would not say that it has happened all the time, though.

According to VG (here: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=107153) Mette-Marit travelled to Kristiansand to be with her family that weekend instead of going to Sweden. (As it was a personal trip, the PR person at the palace won't confirm or deny it.) I can well understand her, there is nothing like being mothered if you're not feeling well.

I have not seen any pictures of Mette-Marit out on the town at night so I can't comment on that.

Mette-Marit has had a lot of bad luck with illness over the last few years.

If her Dr says she has low blood pressure she has low blood pressure.

When she was pregnant with Ingrid she went to Russia etc so she is not just being a spoilt pregnant princess.

We see Mary out and about every day and I think that is why Mette-Marit is getting such a hard time. But Mary must be having a easy pregnancy, maybe her next (sure they will have more!) one will be harder and she too will have to take things easy.

We could go on forever comparing all the pregnant Princess's, but what is the point?? They are all very different women.

We have to forget Mette-Marit is a princess and treat her like a pregnant woman carrying her unborn child.

People are too quick to point the finger. We have the rest of Mette-Marits life to see her out and about doing her work, all she needs is a few months rest and everyone is on her back.

If it was made public she was told not to travel due to low blood pressure, but she did and took sick the press would call her a bad mum and silly. She can not win!

I just hope she and the baby come out of all this healthy and happy.

Thanks for that, I total agree with you!

Thanks for that, I also agree with EmmieLou!

hey, we really have no idea if mette marit is not attending because feeling bad or because of being lazy. there's nothing worst than saying things without any proofs and all we know now is that a doctor confirmed she had a bad health condition. i really have no idea about illnesses, but having low pressure being young doesn't seem good ( i would asociate it with eldery mainly), and it was said since the very beginning that this pregnancy wasn't going well. if i really could proof that she is just being lazy, i would definetely complain and try to discuss it with you here, but this time there's no such thing. she may be feeling bad, as we haven't seen any photos of them going somewhere, and i think it's quite normal to get some of them doing things in their free time, isn't it? i really can't think of mette marit's engagements being often cancelled, i heard about some but not many before the pregancy.

about the low pressure thing... is it a sympthom of being pregnant? does it usually happen?

Last edited:
EmmieLou said:
We have to forget Mette-Marit is a princess and treat her like a pregnant woman carrying her unborn child.

I think you've made some excellent points EmmieLou. When it comes right down to what's important, Mette-Marit is a mom first and she should of course do what's important for her own health and the health of her unborn baby. There will be plenty of visits to Sweden down the line in the years to come, but she will only be pregnant with this baby once, so of course taking herself is a priority.

EmmieLou said:
People are too quick to point the finger. We have the rest of Mette-Marits life to see her out and about doing her work, all she needs is a few months rest and everyone is on her back.

It was only one visit to Sweden and one royal engagement which she has cancelled so far. It's not the end of the world. Even if Mette-Marit were to cancel all of her engagements until the baby is born, it wouldn't matter -- so long as the baby is healthy. She can make up for missed trips and engagements the rest of her years as Crown Princess and Queen.

Maxima was ordered complete bed rest the last month or two of her pregnancy with Amalia. The Dutch people did not complain. They realized that Maxima's health and the future heir to the throne's is more important than a couple of royal duties, Crown Princess or not.

carlota said:
hey, we really have no idea if mette marit is not attending because feeling bad or because of being lazy. there's nothing worst than saying things without any proofs and all we know now is that a doctor confirmed she had a bad health condition. i really have no idea about illnesses, but having low pressure being young doesn't seem good ( i would asociate it with eldery mainly), and it was said since the very beginning that this pregnancy wasn't going well. if i really could proof that she is just being lazy, i would definetely complain and try to discuss it with you here, but this time there's no such thing. she may be feeling bad, as we haven't seen any photos of them going somewhere, and i think it's quite normal to get some of them doing things in their free time, isn't it? i really can't think of mette marit's engagements being often cancelled, i heard about some but not many before the pregancy.

about the low pressure thing... is it a sympthom of being pregnant? does it usually happen?

Mette-Marit would have more peace if she did not cancel events, at least the press would be off her back.

Nobody in the right mind would cancel public events just to be lazy about things. I am sure it is hurtful for her to see what has been written in the papers. If she could have went to Sweden she would have went, end of story!

I think people should get off CP Mette-Marit back.
Pregancy is a wonderful thing but it can also be the most hellish 9months a woman can experience if the pregancy is not going smoothly or fraud with complications, as in the case with the CP. It's especially tough on the expectant mother.

I don't think there's any doubt that CP wld hve carried on wif all her duties if she was medically able to. Let's give her some credit, she's done lots of wonderful things for the country and it's people.

Now she's carrying a future generation of the crown, what's more important than rest if it's going to protect both mother and child?

Didn't she have a difficult pregnancy with Ingrid Alexandra?

Also, is it me or does anyone else thinks that she becomes more attractive during pregnancy? I always felt that she is what I consider a classic beauty.

"Duty above all"

Of course one should carry about all pregnat women. And I also agree with them saying pregnat women look beautiful. CP MM also looks great and she realy is a classical beauty. But it was'nt my point! A Royal person have stronger obligations than "You and me". And when she is'nt born Royal she have had a chanse to think twice before marrying CP Haakon. And she also had experience carrying a child before marrige. I'm sure that CP MM and Haakon had all information about all their duties to the country before marrige.

In yesterdays paper VG (Verdens Gang, Norway) there was an artikel about HM King Harald. I suppose everybody knows he have been very ill and made cirugery two times. Thank's God the King is better. But he can't follow order from his doctor and VG have publisched a small interview with the Kings own Royal doctor. (I'm not good in translation, but understand well what the paper writes). The MD says that he's he still have the same recommendations to the King, but HM don't follows them. And then I'ts up to everyone to use our minds and brain, not only our heart and senses, seeking the answer to why a penionary who have done difficult heart- and cancer cirugery can't rest. We all knows that Norway have few Royals and Princesses Astrid and Ragnild both are old and not in god helth. Somone have to do the job for Norway. I'm sorry to say that I can't see that the yong and healthy should rest and the old and not so healthy shall work. But HM:s Harald and Sonja at least knows their duty to the people before them selves. and pregnacy is not a sickness! If MM would have been sick You all could have read a bulletin about it in the official Norway Royal Internet site.

My opinion isn't about if MM is pretty - SHE IS! And it's not about her clothes - I mostly like them. I'm trying to say that I have greater expectations about Royals than "about You and me". because if the mysticism about beeing a Royal dissapears we soon everybody will see every democratic monarcy contry become a republic. When Royals don't do their jobs their countrys dont need them and parlament wilol vote for republic. I'm glad HM King Harald fight for the monarchy bud I'm sad that he can't afford recover from his sickness because other Royals don't understand that if one is a Royal one have duties above others. But MM still is pretty...;)

Last edited:
Karisma said:
If MM would have been sick You all could have read a bulletin about it in the official Norway Royal Internet site.
[/color]
You mean like this? :

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen reduserer sine aktiviteter

Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsessen har lavt blodtrykk og har fått råd fra sin lege om å ta det med ro i tiden fremover. Legens anbefaling medfører at Kronprinsessens program vil bli redusert.
http://www.kongehuset.no

(HRH the Crown Princess has low blood pressure, and has been advised by her physician to take it easy for some time to come. The physician's recommendation will be the cause of some downsizing in the Crown Princess' programme.) (Translation: me.)

Certainly, a royal life has been duty before all... But, family aspects aside, Mette-Marit's royal duty is to deliver an heir (which she has done) and a "spare". Making sure that the children are healthy, and carried to term, is her foremost royal duty. Harsh. Yes. Adding to that harshness: dizziness and possible faintings, associated with low blood pressure, in public would do nothing for Mette-Marit's royal role right now. She would be seen as a careless person for adding that extra stress while being pregnant. She can't win.

I don't think that anyone in the royal family begrudges Mette-Marit's downsizing of programme, especially considering Sonja's two miscarriages. The most important thing, for the family, the Norwegian people and most of all, the Norwegian press ;) is that the baby is delivered and is a healthy child. If Mette-Marit has to downsize her official programme, then I'm fine with that - as I know that the benefits will be greater in the end, both for Norway and for the royal family.

the only thing that seems bad is that just after their holidays this low pressure was diagnosed, and after that month of holidays, this low pressure period, and then the time they will take for their new born it is and will be a long while without many news of them or seeing them carring royal duties.

carlota said:
the only thing that seems bad is that just after their holidays this low pressure was diagnosed, and after that month of holidays, this low pressure period, and then the time they will take for their new born it is and will be a long while without many news of them or seeing them carring royal duties.

You can't schedule in when you will be sick or have low blood pressure for when you want to be sick or for when it's convenient to you.

Perhaps Mette-Marit only had doctor appointments scheduled between her holidays as it seems that she spent most of her holidays out of the country (Italy and Spain).

Even if we don't see her for months, does it matter much? The most important thing -- and I don't think it can be stressed enough -- is Mette-Marit's health and the baby's health.

Have any of you thought about that she can loose her child if she doesnt follow the doctors order?????
Low blood presure means that she has to take it easy because if she dont do that the baby will not get enough blood and that is not healthy.
Think people before you judge other people.
What is the point by the way if she goes to an event and then throw up!! that is not nice to do in public for any of us and certainly not for her when she is a public person

Mette-Marit's doctor ordered a stop to royal duties for very good reasons. Low blood pressure can cause fainting spells without notice. What a wonderful picture it would be to see a pregnant Mette-Marit take a tumble while in a receiving line or at a podium! :eek: Would that sastisfy anyone??!!

Last edited:
that unfair for CP M-M but she need to have duty before she give to birth but dont listen to the doctor's advisors! but i dont like that!

Sara Boyce

carlota said:
the only thing that seems bad is that just after their holidays this low pressure was diagnosed,.....

I totally agree! Havn't You, ladies, been pregnant and Your doctor said that You should rest? After resting for a while one often feels better. And I could think of a lot of heavy jobs You ladies had to do taking care of children, cooking, cleaning etc. I'm sure CP MM don't have too bother about that.

I think calling for Mette-Marit to do royal duties despite her doctors advice is quite selfish. As much as we all enjoy seeing pictures of her at events, would we really want to see her faint during a state visit. Or worse, would we want her to lose the baby. Mette-Marit's top priority right now is her unborn child, and she is doing the best thing for it.

sara1981 said:
that unfair for CP M-M but she need to have duty before she give to birth but dont listen to the doctor's advisors! but i dont like that!

Sara Boyce

I can't see anyone who have been written something like that? Me, beeing a father of 3 children, having lots of friends with children, have no experience that women can be sick with low blood pressure one day and the next day travelling and enoying restaurants with friends, (my best friend were at the same restaurant) and after that visit Family in Kristiansand (Norway). I havn't heard anyone having ar low bloodpressure and "pregnant - sickness" like that. :confused:

kwanfan said:
Mette-Marit's top priority right now is her unborn child, and she is doing the best thing for it.

If it would have been so serious she would'nt have been able travelling to Kristiansand. and I can't see anyone wishing nothing but the best too the Royal family in Norway - including King Harald who have too work more then full time, aganst doctors recommendation, even though he have been very sick. God bless the King!

Karisma said:
If it would have been so serious she would'nt have been able travelling to Kristiansand. and I can't see anyone wishing nothing but the best too the Royal family in Norway - including King Harald who have too work more then full time, aganst doctors recommendation, even though he have been very sick. God bless the King!

King Harald is not working any harder because Mette-Marit is side-lined. He is performing his duties as usual. He was scheduled for the state visit to Sweden which he accomplished.

King Harald has also remarked that he will never retire and that only dead kings retire. I'm paraphrasing King Harald by the way.;)

kwanfan said:
I think calling for Mette-Marit to do royal duties despite her doctors advice is quite selfish.

Who is selfish? I would't ask for her if she were in bed or resting at home...

As much as we all enjoy seeing pictures of her at events, would we really want to see her faint during a state visit.

That's to much feelings about that. Nobody ever wished someting like that even though we've seen some heas of states faithing and throving up doing their duty for their countries. Of course, they were men, so it is'nt worth so musch. (*Joke*)

Or worse, would we want her to lose the baby.

Why not a little more dramatic when You still are going on it?

Mette-Marit's top priority right now is her unborn child, and she is doing the best thing for it.

I don't agree with the way You express it! Mette-Marit's top priority right now is her country. She have marrid a Crown Prince and the people of Norway is her first obligation. Period! (If she realy is sick she should stay in bed or rest at home if she are thinking about her unborn child and her country).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom