Mette-Marit's pregnancy with Sverre Magnus

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmony said:
How far is her pregnancy now? I hope there is no complications.

She's due in December, so that would make her about 5 to 5 1/2 months along now.

I hope Mette-Marit slows down. Blood Pressure and Pregnancy can be an awful mix. Most women though end up with high blood pressure--toxemia. Mette-Marit is the reverse.

as you all that mette-marit is suffering from low blood pressure,

i was on a website and it said that mette-marit has been adviced to have more blood tests.

Due to this mette-marits workload has been reduced.

rest, sory i made a mistake while i was typing she does not need tests

trevor said:
as you all that mette-marit is suffering from low blood pressure,

i was on a website and it said that mette-marit has been adviced to have more blood tests.

Due to this mette-marits workload has been reduced.

She has to think of herself and the baby. There is just no other option here. I am sure the people of Norway will understand.

its better to be safe. soon there will be loads of joy for the new born

Today I came across a German glossy which said that Mette-Marit has serious problems with her pregnancy. As we all know, the German glossies are not the most reliable of all sources, so has anybody got any information about how she really is?

Mette-Marit just needs to eat more and let loose in my opinion. Im not sure if Im right but whatever.

The O.C. Fanatic said:
Mette-Marit just needs to eat more and let loose in my opinion. Im not sure if Im right but whatever.

Some would say that her previous life was already TOO LOOSE.
But why does she have to eat MORE??? :confused:

The O.C. Fanatic said:

Eating more and letting loose will help her if she has problems with her pregnancy? Not sure I understand how this will help!:)

The O.C. Fanatic said:

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything...

The O.C. Fanatic said:

I understand what you're saying, and I agree.She is too busy metting deadlines that it is having an effect on her.I really hope she feels better!:(

Thank You polop for understanding what I said and no one does half of the time. I love you for that.

Okay Im going to translate what I said. And hopefully everyone would get it. What I meant about her eating more is that so she can get her blood pressure back into normal but then again having low blood pressure while being pregnant is normal she isn't the only one. I don't know if she was like this with Marius and Alex if she was then she has nothing to be worried about. I don't think it's a big of a deal as they make it seem. If it is then she would be getting a shot into a vein like everyday that's only if it's really serious. Which I don't think it is. She should be slowing down a bit because that could be affecting her too.

So everyone needs to stop trippin! Her and the baby are going to be okay. This is normal! Alright?

Well, a short visit to Sandvika is probably a lot less taxing than a state visit to Sweden.

Oh I agree. I do wonder if they will make the visit to Buskerud, those trips usually have a very tight agenda from the early morning to late in the evening with alot of walking, especially when they have to cancel her attending this conference in Drammen. The most important is that the baby is OK though

I always thought that pregnant women got high blood preassure, how does low blood preassure affect you/the baby?

I think I have read that Haakon and Mette-Merit are planning a trip to the US late in her pregnancy (which seems like a silly thing to do to Mette-Merit IMO).

Does anyone know if they are planning to go to the Vesterheim in Decorah, Iowa? I know that Haakon went alone before they got married.

iowabelle said:
I think I have read that Haakon and Mette-Merit are planning a trip to the US late in her pregnancy (which seems like a silly thing to do to Mette-Merit IMO).

Does anyone know if they are planning to go to the Vesterheim in Decorah, Iowa? I know that Haakon went alone before they got married.

This trip was planned last year to celebrate the centenary of Norwegian independence. ( Therefore a long time before MM got pregnant) Haakon and Mette-Marit are to visit the parts of the mid west where there are large Norwegian communities. Nothing has yet been announced whether this trip is going ahead or will be rescheduled. Mette-Marit's pregnancy is supposedly unplanned this time round as 2005 was a very busy year with independence commemorations. There's quite a few overseas trips planned.

I'd say that it is doubtful if that trip is going ahead as planned. For one thing, it is a too long trip by plane, too late in a pregnancy that has not been as smoothly as her previous one. I think I read in VG, can't remember exactly right now, that it will likely be postponed until a late occasion, not directly cancelled.

If she couldn't make it to Sweden now, odds are that she'll not make it to Denmark, United Kingdom and USA either.

if the visit to the usa is planned for some time soon, i don't think there would be any problems. after all, the pregnancy was announced some time earlier than the usual 3 months the royal courts wait in case of any miscarriage, so it's likely that if it's soon, it won't be in her late pregnancy.
there were tons of pics of mette marit and haakon with ingrid and marius, the last ones were in the beach in majorca with haakon or in the zoo with mette marit and her mother. that's one aspect i admire of them, they really seem to be careful and loving with their kids, but as other poster said mette marit is not a princessy fashion guru at all, imo not the best style for a queen to be. i have sometimes the sensation that she feels unconfortable dressed in a suit or with hats normally...

carlota said:
if the visit to the usa is planned for some time soon, i don't think there would be any problems. after all, the pregnancy was announced some time earlier than the usual 3 months the royal courts wait in case of any miscarriage, so it's likely that if it's soon.

That does not make sense when they have to cancel a two days visit one smal plane hour away to Sweden now they would certainly not let her go to Amerika. The USA trip was supposed to be 10-14 days and a long plane trip away, it was planned for October and I dont think her doctor will let her go. Those trips has to planned a long time before and they cant just cancel it days before like with this Sweden trip where its not a big deal since the King and The Queen is going anyway. Its better to do the trip next autumn when the baby is born and does not need its mother for food.

I agree with norwegianne I dont think it will happen, i also doubt she will be going to UK and Denmark which is planned for end of October beginning of November.

Larzen said:
That does not make sense when they have to cancel a two days visit one smal plane hour away to Sweden now they would certainly not let her go to Amerika. The USA trip was supposed to be 10-14 days and a long plane trip away, it was planned for October and I dont think her doctor will let her go. Those trips has to planned a long time before and they cant just cancel it days before like with this Sweden trip where its not a big deal since the King and The Queen is going anyway. Its better to do the trip next autumn when the baby is born and does not need its mother for food.

I agree with norwegianne I dont think it will happen, i also doubt she will be going to UK and Denmark which is planned for end of October beginning of November.

With the trip being in October too, Mette-Marit will be in her last trimester -- a time when it is advisable for pregnant women to not fly. And as Larzen has pointed out it's a long flight rather than a short one, and considering the problems Mette-Marit has had with this pregnancy, I don't think she'll make it.

Her safety and the baby are a priority. As much as I'm sure her presence would be appreciated and enjoyed in the U.S., there will be plenty of opportunities for visits in the years to come.

I agree with them cancelling at least her portion of the trip. It's better for her to rest and have a healthy baby (than make herself sick trying to please everybody). Trips can be re-scheduled, a good delivery and healthy baby have to take priority.

It's about Mette-Marit's recent cancellations because of the low bloodpressure, Alisa.

On the same topic one Swedish commentator in Expressen, on her blogg (in Swedish), accused Mette-Marit of being plain lazy and spoiled for not bothering to come along on the visit, claiming she had never heard of low blood-pressure being a problem during a pregnancy. Norwegian doctors countered with that it is different for every woman, and low blood pressure can be just as problematic as high - the woman would feel very faint, among other things, and that pregnant women are entitled to take special care of themselves, even if they are royals.

On the same topic one Swedish commentator in Expressen, on her blogg (in Swedish), accused Mette-Marit of being plain lazy and spoiled for not bothering to come along on the visit, claiming she had never heard of low blood-pressure being a problem during a pregnancy.

So far Mette-Marit hasn't given evidence of being lazy and spoiled. This blogger can't have been pregnant ever. When I was pregnant I threw up every day right up to the birth of my son. If Mette-Marit feels just half as awful as I did, I really can't blame her for cancelling her appointments. It's no use if she passes out in the middle of a state visit.

I total agree with you ,

And the press should not compare the current pregnant Princess's, they are all different.

Every pregnancy is different, even mette-Marit might have had 2 good pregnancies and then this 3rd is giving her trouble.

Plus we have to remember Mette-Marit is pregnant with 2 other kids to look after, ok they have a nanny but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom