Mette-Marit's pregnancy with Sverre Magnus

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Great news and I hope Letizia will soon make it a trifecta of royal babies!:D Mette-Marit and Haakon seem very devoted parents and she looks even more stunning when she's expecting IMHO. Best wishes to all!

A little early for the court to announce that she's pregnant, isn't it? If she's due in December 2005, then that means she conceived in March. That would make it only a month...Don't royal courts normally announce pregnancies after three months?

Jackswife said:
:) Great news and I hope Letizia will soon make it a trifecta of royal babies!:D Mette-Marit and Haakon seem very devoted parents and she looks even more stunning when she's expecting IMHO. Best wishes to all!
Yes,it would be so great year if the news that Letizia will too pregnant.

Congratulations to Haakon and Mette-Marit! They seem like such fantastic parents, this is really wonderful. I hope her pregnangy is easy and healthy.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Yes,it would be so great year if the news that Letizia will too pregnant.

maybe wait and see if Crown Princess Letizia will try have baby if she dont have baby wait over 1 years of her wedding anniversary.

Sara Boyce

Congratulations to the couple. It is wonderful news for them. What a busy and emotional year 2005 is turning out to be for the Norwegian Royal Family.

Congrats to Haakon and Mette Marit, the big brother and sister and the grandparents and all the family. What great News, the Danish and now the Norweign, we just need the Spain RF to announce, maybe any day soon now..

Moonlightrhapsody said:
A little early for the court to announce that she's pregnant, isn't it? If she's due in December 2005, then that means she conceived in March. That would make it only a month...Don't royal courts normally announce pregnancies after three months?

Norway has indeed had a tradition of waiting the three months. Especially, I believe after then Crown Princess Sonja had two miscarriages. But, as Mette-Marit explained when she met the press yesterday, she's had a bout of nausea that has forced her to cancel some of her appointments. That is the reason for them going out with the news so soon.

Regina said:
How did you know that? :rolleyes:

A few days ago, I wrote in the forum that I just had a feeling that she was pregnant. You know female intuition;)

marezdote said:
Mette-Marit lykkelig hjemme

Mette-Marit strålte utenfor morens hjem på Høivold brygge. Mandag annonserte hun og kronprinsen at de skal ha enda et barn.

Vi gleder oss veldig. Det blir kjempehyggelig, sier paret utenfor morens hjem på Høivold brygge.

Mette-Marit ler når hun blir spurt om hun merker noe til graviditeten:

- Veldig mye. Det er derfor vi går ut nå, sier hun.

Fremover skal de følge programmet, og det blir ifølge Mette-Marit foreløpig ingen endringer.

De vet ikke hvilket kjønn den lille har, og har heller ikke tenkt på noe navn.

Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit har termin i desember.

Etter råd fra sin lege vil kronprinsesse Mette-Marit ta det med ro i en periode fremover.

Situasjonen er ikke dramatisk, men legens råd vil kunne medføre endringer i hennes program senere, går det fram av en pressemelding fra kongehuset.

I Kristiansand

Kronprinsessen oppholder seg for tiden i Kristiansand, der hun tirsdag skal være til stede ved åpningen av Barnefilmfestivalen.

Onsdag skal kronprinsesse Mette-Marit etter planen åpne en utstilling om 1905 på Kvinnemuseet på Kongsvinger.

Torsdag skal dronning Sonja og hennes svigerdatter etter planen være til stede ved åpningen av en utstilling på Folkemuseet i Oslo.

Omfattende program

Kronprinsparet har en rekke store reiser og arrangementer på programmet utover året.

Først er det statsbesøk fra Japan i neste uke, deretter står offisielt besøk til Polen på kronprinsparets program.
Det er også flere arrangementer i forbindelse med hundreårsmarkeringen for unionsoppløsningen som det er naturlig at kronprinsesse Mette-Marit deltar i.

Til høsten skal kronprinsparet etter planen blant annet gjennomføre en stor rundreise i det «norske» Amerika. Om denne turen kan gjennomføres for en høygravid kronprinsesse gjenstår å se.

Mer på de andre

Når kong Harald fortsatt er rekonvalesent etter hjerteoperasjonene, prinsesse Märtha Louise har fødselspermisjon og kronprinsessen må legge om programmet på grunn av graviditeten, er det bare dronning Sonja og kronprinsregenten som kan påta seg alle de planlagte representasjonsoppgavene.

Også dronning Sonja har fått legenes beskjed om å ta det litt mer med ro fremover, men foreløpig ser det ikke ut til at hun har tenkt å følge dette rådet.

Sammen med kronprinsregenten skal hun være vertskap for det japanske keiserparet neste uke, og i tillegg står en rekke oppgaver i kø for dronningen, som trolig ikke får det mindre travelt i tiden fremover.

Mette-Marit: Happy at home

Mette-Marit was beaming outside of her mother´s home at Høivold on the quay or pier there.(Must be on a lake). On Monday it was announced that she and the Crown Prince will be having another child.

We are very delighted. It will be very pleasant or nice said the couple outside of her mother´s house on the pier.

Mette-Marit laughed when asked if she detected any signs of of a pregnancy:

- Very much so. It´s very much as according to the way these things go, said she(I guess she means you just know it in your heart especially if you´ve been pregnant before).

About the upcoming programs which she will partake, she said as of now, there will be no alterations. They do not know yet the gender of the baby. The Crown Princess is due in December. Under the advice of her doctor, the Crown Princess will be taking it easy(slowing down) at some point in the future. The situation is not dramatic, mind you, but the doctor´s advice will mean that at some time in the future, alterations to her schedule may occur, it was said in a press release by the Royal House.

The Crown Princely couple have a sequence of big trips and engagements on their plate this year. First there was a visit to Japan and then next week, according to the schedule, they will visit Poland on an official visit. There are also many engagements in connection to the 100th anniversary of the nation this year that Crown Princess Mette Marit may not naturally attend. In the Autumn, the Crown Princely Couple will carry out, among other things, a large whirlwind tour of "Norwegian" America.(* Looks at map in confusion). About this tour, it remains to be seen whether or not, the, by then, heavily pregnant(or in a total mistranslation, the "tall and pregnant") Crown Princess will partake.

As King Harald continues to recover from his heart operation, and Princess Märtha Louise:))) is on maternity leave and as Crown Princess will have a lighter schedule because of her pregnancy, it is only Queen Sonja and Crown Prince Haakon who will be able to assume all of the Royal House´s planned responsibilities in the future. Also Queen Sonja has received news from her doctor that she should take it easy in the future. But for the time being, it does not look like she has agreed to follow this particular piece of advice.

Along with the Crown Prince, the Crown Princess will be welcoming the Emperor and Empress of Japan on their visit to Norway next week and she will stand in for the queen as it is not likely that she will be getting any less busy in the months ahead.

I am surprised they announced it so early. You think it was to stop the press from speculating?

Coincidence?

Maxima
Mathilde
Mary
Mette-Marit

What would Dan Brown have to say about this?

Thank you for translating the article, Dennis.
A coincidence and nothing more. It could have happened with any letter.

bolla said:
A few days ago, I wrote in the forum that I just had a feeling that she was pregnant. You know female intuition;)

Ok!! I'm glad for them!! :)

You´re welcome.

Good translation. Just a correction, Dennism, as there have been several people asking why they're going public with it.

"Mette-Marit ler når hun blir spurt om hun merker noe til graviditeten: - Veldig mye. Det er derfor vi går ut nå, sier hun." In English that would be:

Mette-Marit laughs when she's asked if she notices the pregnancy. "Very much. That's why we're going public with it, now," she says.

And explain why they're going public even if the pregnancy is still in its early stage.

Congratulations to the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess. what a wonderful surprise !:) its seems that all the crown princesses of Europe are pregnant , only Letizia of Spain is left ;)

norwegianne said:
Good translation. Just a correction, Dennism, as there have been several people asking why they're going public with it.

"Mette-Marit ler når hun blir spurt om hun merker noe til graviditeten: - Veldig mye. Det er derfor vi går ut nå, sier hun." In English that would be:

Mette-Marit laughs when she's asked if she notices the pregnancy. "Very much. That's why we're going public with it, now," she says.

And explain why they're going public even if the pregnancy is still in its early stage.

Thank you. I have a hard time with that. Tough to translate. Didn´t know the phrase.

Warren said:
Maxima
Mathilde
Mary
Mette-Marit

What would Dan Brown have to say about this?

My toughts exactly, appart from Dan Brown

Already some rumours about cancelled events are popping out. NTB says that it is likely that the trip to the "Norwegian" parts of USA will be postponed indefinitely. It is too late in the pregnancy to allow for safe flying, especially home from Seattle which would be the last stop on the trip.

Answering questions from the press at the Childrens Film Festival in Kristiansand today, Mette-Marit said that she hadn't decided yet on wether she would give birth in the Hospital or have a home birth. http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article380086.ece
Seems like Märtha Louises home birth trend is catching on. I've read that home birth in general is starting to be very popular?!

The same web-page reports that they don't want to know the gender of the baby. And according to a mid-wife the web page has spoken to she thinks M-M is inside the 3 month limit, and that M-M might give birth early December (the press realease from the Palace didn't say when in December the due date was)

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article379597.ece

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article379660.ece

KikkiB said:
Answering questions from the press at the Childrens Film Festival in Kristiansand today, Mette-Marit said that she hadn't decided yet on wether she would give birth in the Hospital or have a home birth. http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article380086.ece
Seems like Märtha Louises home birth trend is catching on. I've read that home birth in general is starting to be very popular?!

The same web-page reports that they don't want to know the gender of the baby. And according to a mid-wife the web page has spoken to she thinks M-M is inside the 3 month limit, and that M-M might give birth early December (the press realease from the Palace didn't say when in December the due date was)

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article379597.ece

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article379660.ece

I'm having a little trouble with this...If she's within the first three months (1st trimester), then she'd give birth sometime between October and December. If she's due in December, early or otherwise, she'd only be around 1 to 1 and a half months pregnant. I'm getting confused here...And like I said earlier, it's really early for them to announce a pregnancy this early. Not meaning to be a kill joy, but the first trimester is precarious, even if this is her third pregnancy.

I haven't really got any clue on maternity issues, but that was what the mid wife said to the web page. I thought it was a bit funny too, and I'm really bad at maths!

And I also thought it was a bit early to put out a press release, but as I said earlier on, I think they did it because M-M have and will be cancelling a lot of events and because she is felling such morning sickness. Se og Hør Weekend issue predicted the pregnancy last Friday so it would have been matter of time before they were discovered anyway. So they probably wanted to prevent the gossip.

I found it quite suprising as well, but at least this way they won't have to deal with rumours and Mette Marit can get whatever rest she needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom