Mette-Marit's pregnancy with Sverre Magnus

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should add, that I was 2 weeks overdue. So maybe we also have to wait for "baby Norway" 2 more weeks and then the little one maybe chooses (in a very patriotic manner) Nobel Prize day for its birth ;)
Then again Ingrid was born very close to her due-date, so maybe it´s the same for her sister/brother. We are only so impatient, because they other babies came earlier (what I don´t believe really...I rather guess their parents cheated a little with the dates)

If you were Mette-Marit and Haakon, would you wish for Ingrid Alexandra to become queen, or would you welcome it if the monarchy was abolished in Norway?

purple_platinum said:
Mothers on this last days of pregnancy must feel lots & lots of discomfort.
Mette-Marit is probably trying to get her water broke...

come on little baby... lots of people waiting for you...

I'm not sure it would be a very good idea to break the water and inducing herself the birth...

Smilla said:
If you were Mette-Marit and Haakon, would you wish for Ingrid Alexandra to become queen, or would you welcome it if the monarchy was abolished in Norway?

I'm not sure: to be Queen or King is what Haakon and IA have been brought up. But I'm not sure it would bother if the monarchy was abolished. I remember a poll in which it appeared that if Norway was to become a republic, lot of Norwegians thought Haakon would become a good president.

Smilla said:

i am sure they'd have mixed feelings. they'd be happy for her to have a private life. to be able to pursue the career of her dreams. i'm sure they'll keep their money and most of the jewels perhaps even some of the palaces (depending on what is state owned etc) so there won't be financial problems.

but tja...their lives are defined by service to their country. that is what they and their family do.

I am sure that if the monarchy was abolished they would encourage I-A to still serve Norway and try to have a meaningful role.

I think they'd rather have IA ascend the throne. their lives are not nearly as difficult as, say, the british royal family. and royal duty is such a wonderful way to make a difference in people's lives. i'm sure they'd love for her to be able to do that.

Smilla said:

This is a very tough question. I guess as parents they would wish her to be able to make her choices freely.
But I can´t imagine, that they generally want the Monarchy to be abolished. When it would be abolished under King Haakons regency, they probably would feel like "losers", and probably then also Ingrid Alexandra would be a grown up crown princess and would work for the Monarchy. So she probably wouldn´t feel very good either. It must be a strange feeling, when you were determined for a certain task and suddenly its gone.
So the "best" for Ingrid would probably be, when already her father wouldn´t become king. But I don´t see this coming...

Hey YOU (little Prince or Princess)!!! Give us the break! We can't wait any longer!

I'd think that Ingrid's life, should she not be Queen, would not be any less private than it would be now. The media would simply be too interested, and she wouldn't have the Royal "shield" of the court to shield herself with. Any one of her siblings would probably have it easier - but to be the one who would be Queen, and not be it... it still has some interest for the media.

norwegianne said:
I'd think that Ingrid's life, should she not be Queen, would not be any less private than it would be now. The media would simply be too interested, and she wouldn't have the Royal "shield" of the court to shield herself with. Any one of her siblings would probably have it easier - but to be the one who would be Queen, and not be it... it still has some interest for the media.

Like Märtha Louise, who is technically not even a member of the RF any more. (I hope I got that right). She's still in the media focus.

I thought that maybe Mette-Marit, who seems to be such a freethinking person and not at all in awe of the institutions of the monarchy, might feel that her daughter should not be "trapped" by this institution.

Smilla said:
Like Märtha Louise, who is technically not even a member of the RF any more. (I hope I got that right). She's still in the media focus.

I thought that maybe Mette-Marit, who seems to be such a freethinking person and not at all in awe of the institutions of the monarchy, might feel that her daughter should not be "trapped" by this institution.
Or, one could argue, like Princess Astrid, who has not been an HRH for several decades, but still is in the spotlight from time to time, and has her duties. Or Princess Ragnhild, who hasn't official duties, but still is in the spotlight from time to time.

Mette-Marit referred to the unborn Ingrid as "poor thing" in regards to what was expected of her, but hasn't really uttered anything like it since. In terms of the Norwegian Monarchy, it is what the royals make of it, I think - there are traditions, of course, but it is a lot more "free" than the British in terms of traditions and ceremony.

norwegianne said:
Mette-Marit referred to the unborn Ingrid as "poor thing" in regards to what was expected of her,

Oh, that was poor form! Did she get beaten up in the press when she said that?

oo... definetely keep the monarchy. you guys are so lucky...
i come from a republic country. perhaps, it's good to have lots of democracy (or democrazy as i like to say it), but it's also a very good think to have a person or country to look up too.
King Harald & Queen Sonja have been doing extremly good job in serving their people, and i'm sure Haakon & Mette-Marit will do the same (if they haven't already..), and little Ingrid Alexandra would make a very good queen.
who couldn't resist her cute smile and bright eyes...

purple_platinum said:
oo... definetely keep the monarchy. you guys are so lucky...
i come from a republic country. perhaps, it's good to have lots of democracy (or democrazy as i like to say it), but it's also a very good think to have a person or country to look up too.
King Harald & Queen Sonja have been doing extremly good job in serving their people, and i'm sure Haakon & Mette-Marit will do the same (if they haven't already..), and little Ingrid Alexandra would make a very good queen.
who couldn't resist her cute smile and bright eyes...

I do agree, it's nice to have somebody to look up to. But I am still thankful for living in a republic. If another country has a king or queen I don't like I simply ignore them. But if this happened in my own, I couldn't get rid of them by not voting for them, as you do in a democracy. I'd hate that.

Smilla said:
I do agree, it's nice to have somebody to look up to. But I am still thankful for living in a republic. If another country has a king or queen I don't like I simply ignore them. But if this happened in my own, I couldn't get rid of them by not voting for them, as you do in a democracy. I'd hate that.

I do agree completely, Smilla ;)

Smilla said:
Oh, that was poor form! Did she get beaten up in the press when she said that?
No, not really. It was just a kind of side-remark in a fairly long interview.

well, i'm not saying i'm no-democracy, but, it's probably good to have a mixture of people instead only politicians & governments

I Cant wait either eeek im so excited and about I dont think it should be abolished

Since we are all waiting for MM to deliver, I could not help but think of baby Ingrid's future siblings. Do you think that on some levels, Haakon and MM feel they have fulfilled their "duties" to produce an heir and a spare. i would hope they would have more children because they seem like great parents. but do you think being royal affects how they plan a family? and how do you explain the pecking order to the kids, even though all the kids are loved and treated equally. For example, do you think Marta Louise ever felt jealous that she is not going to inherit the throne one day? it just fascinates me when royal families have large families as opposed to just producing an heir.... any thoughts

I think that the reason why it's taking so long for the baby to come is due to the timing of the announcement when Mette-Marit was pregnant. Isn't the Spanish and Danish crown princely family waited for 3 months to announce that their respective crown princesses are pregnant? I remember that the Norwegian royal family announced this on the same day as the Danish family.

Peaches said:
I think that the reason why it's taking so long for the baby to come is due to the timing of the announcement when Mette-Marit was pregnant. Isn't the Spanish and Danish crown princely family waited for 3 months to announce that their respective crown princesses are pregnant? I remember that the Norwegian royal family announced this on the same day as the Danish family.

i would agree it!

but i do respect the CP Princess very much because they would be good monarchy in future they're choice when dues any dates or any months.

but CP Letizia's baby come early on Oct.31st before end of Oct i dont blame her for reasons.

Sara Boyce

Peaches said:

i thought the reason Mette-Marit announced it early because she had a problematic early pregnancy and has to cut down some of her engagements.
i think by looking at her bump, the baby is due any day now, or even over due. so.. hopefully... hopefully... the baby will come in matter of days not weeks.

melmel said:
For example, do you think Marta Louise ever felt jealous that she is not going to inherit the throne one day?
Both Märtha Louise and her parents have, on several occasions, said that Märtha was quite grateful that she was not the one first in line, and when the change in constitution came that it wasn't made retroactive as in Sweden. She is a great woman, and her life seems fulfilled by what she has chosen, but a lot of her life choices in terms of education, etc. maybe aren't what a future monarch should have elected to do.

Haakon said that Ingrid is beginning to grow aware of her future role, and I think that's one of the only ways you're going to get somone "into" that life - by preparing to it from birth.

I think Haakon and Mette-Marit has said that they wanted many children - but Haakon said earlier this year, I think, that if that didn't work out that they were happy with the two they had. (Marius & Ingrid.)

norwegianne said:
Both Märtha Louise and her parents have, on several occasions, said that Märtha was quite grateful that she was not the one first in line, and when the change in constitution came that it wasn't made retroactive as in Sweden. She is a great woman, and her life seems fulfilled by what she has chosen, but a lot of her life choices in terms of education, etc. maybe aren't what a future monarch should have elected to do.

Haakon said that Ingrid is beginning to grow aware of her future role, and I think that's one of the only ways you're going to get somone "into" that life - by preparing to it from birth.

I think Haakon and Mette-Marit has said that they wanted many children - but Haakon said earlier this year, I think, that if that didn't work out that they were happy with the two they had. (Marius & Ingrid.)

that's so sweet of Haakon...
i think the norwegian royal family probably not a big ones, like dutch, belgian, or spanish; but they seem to be very close and adore each other. I remember when Martha Louise tell the story of Haakon & Mette-Marit during her US interview with leonard lopard (or something?), she spoke highly of MM.

btw... i just got back from campus, spend 5 hours there, and still no baby? oh gosh...
but, hey, i'm not complaining, i'm just glad i didn't missed it. so, shall we continue the baby watchinG, everyone??

i have 1 question. how are we going to know when MM is going into labour? will they announced it on kongehuset.no? are the norwegian press, like nrk, vg, aftenposted, etc already stationed outside skaugum or near rigshospitalet?

Smilla said:

I just adore little Ingrid-Alexandra so I am biased. I want her to become a Queen. But if I were her mother, I would probably want her to have a normal life, away from the Royalty. I would probably like the idea of a Republic. On the other hand seing your little daughter becomming a Queen of a whole country, that must be a wonderful sensation!
Anyway, as I am not Mette-Marit, I want Ingrid-Alexandra to be Queen.

Thanks for your replies to my question.:) This is my first live 'baby-watch' on TRF, I only found out about the other royal babies until after they had arrived.

Re Smilla's question. Like Smilla I'm lean towards the idea of a republic but Princess Ingrid Alexandra is so cute that I'd like to see her be queen one day. I know that's not a very objective assessment but there you go.;)

Emi said:
Re Smilla's question. Like Smilla I'm lean towards the idea of a republic but Princess Ingrid Alexandra is so cute that I'd like to see her be queen one day. I know that's not a very objective assessment but there you go.;)

I so agree with you. It will be so nice to see her grow up and be able to find out how she turns out to be. With Haakon and Mette-Marit's genes she could be an interesting person (to say the least).

Smilla said:
I so agree with you. It will be so nice to see her grow up and be able to find out how she turns out to be. With Haakon and Mette-Marit's genes she could be an interesting person (to say the least).

A very interesting one. It will be great if she has her mother's care for the others.

Danielane said:
A very interesting one. It will be great if she has her mother's care for the others.

If she's like Mette-Marit, she could turn out to be a very unconventional queen, a mixture of Margarethe II and CP Victoria. Oh, wouldn't that be nice?

Smilla said:
If she's like Mette-Marit, she could turn out to be a very unconventional queen, a mixture of Margarethe II and CP Victoria. Oh, wouldn't that be nice?

I think she'd be a little more unconventional than Victoria if she took after Mette-Marit!:)

Smilla said:

as long as she emulates her mother (not Margarethe and definitely not Victoria) in the style department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom