Mette-Marit's pregnancy with Sverre Magnus

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carlota said:
nice name for the thread! i actually thought at first that it was a new thread!

i think we are all getting too excited: they didn't say the exact day it may happen, we thought it was going to be december, so we still got time to wait.

it seems to be a law of murphy that whenever important things happen for us the royal watchers (births, announcements, engagements...) there's something that makes us miss the event... has anyone been online just when something happens? :)

that is so true, carlota!
i missed the danish prince & la infanta leonor's birth, which is very silly because i checked & checked and it hadn't happened. but i fell asleep or went away to campus, then the birth already took place. quite ridiculous for me... suddenly when i open TRF, there it was... tons of pages of the prince & la infanta's birth... :eek: :eek: :( :(

Count me in the "missing the big event" party!;) I missed Leonor's birth because of a trip in Brussels, and "Lille Prins" 'one because of time and occupation...:mad:

I also missed Leomor and Lilleprinsen because they were born when I slept.
Now I'm waiting for MM's baby, and get more excited every day.

I did miss "den nye lille prins" birth.. I was here on Emmauel, Carlos, Alexia and Leonors births!:) ;)

The day of Ingrid Alexandras birth I woke up in the morning and had a feeling that Mette Marit was in labour and she was when i looked at the norwegian royal familly website. Kind of strange

I Got to follow Emmanual , Alexia , Leonor and "Baby Denmark" right up till the end And IM NOT going to miss this one thats for sure :)

For Leonor a friend called me after the birth (French hour, so not very different from the Spanish one). I woke up at 4 a.m. (having gone to be at 2) and went back to bed at 6 15 a.m. I didn't sleep very much this night.

It is a bit like, Ingrid Alexandra came into the world pretty quick once Mette-MArit and Haakon reached the hospital, so I keep expecting this one to do the same. But siblings are different.

well, i'm pretty much at home a lot these days, doing my thesis. so, hopefully... hopefully... i wont miss this birth...
last one for this year, right?

purple_platinum said:
well, i'm pretty much at home a lot these days, doing my thesis. so, hopefully... hopefully... i wont miss this birth...
Yep. I'm also living on the fact that the days I have to be in school this week are few, as is next week... even if there are exams to be written.

purple_platinum said:

What's the subject of your thesis?

BTW, the birth could be not the last one, if Claire and Laurent's twins come earlier than the due date.

Last edited:
Danielane said:
What's the subject of your thesis?

BTW, the birth could be not the last one, if Claire and Laurent's twins come earlier than the due date.

i'm an architecture undergraduate and right now i'm writing about "Minimalism" as the main topic. it's pretty much making me headache so, from time to time i check this thread just to refresh... :) :)

purple_platinum said:
i'm an architecture undergraduate and right now i'm writing about "Minimalism" as the main topic. it's pretty much making me headache so, from time to time i check this thread just to refresh... :) :)

I imagine... I've a mini-thesis for this year and it's giving me headache too, but it's really a very passionant study.

Danielane said:
I imagine... I've a mini-thesis for this year and it's giving me headache too, but it's really a very passionant study.

You lucky guys! I wish I could write one more thesis! I found it so cool to work on something I was really interested in.
(And it gives you time to monitor any upcoming royal births!)
So good luck with your work!

Im growing more sure itll be soon and even more sure itll be a boy

Smilla said:
You lucky guys! I wish I could write one more thesis! I found it so cool to work on something I was really interested in.
(And it gives you time to monitor any upcoming royal births!)
So good luck with your work!

Yes, that's what is really good when you have achieved four years of university and are beginning the fifth: you can choose the subjects of your lessons and you write about subjects you've choosen and are interested in.

yes... waiting on royal birth is a good little distraction from writing thesis... it's 3 AM in my country right now, and i'm still up...

Danielane said:
Yes, that's what is really good when you have achieved four years of university and are beginning the fifth: you can choose the subjects of your lessons and you write about subjects you've choosen and are interested in.

I'd write a thesis on

"A single mother on the throne? Mette Marit and public opinion in Norway."

or some such stuff, with a suitably complicated title.

Smilla said:
I'd write a thesis on

"A single mother on the throne? Mette Marit and public opinion in Norway."

or some such stuff, with a suitably complicated title.

that seems like a good idea. i wish i can write something about royals.. it could be very fun...

purple_platinum said:
that seems like a good idea. i wish i can write something about royals.. it could be very fun...

Tell us if you can! It would be so interesting to learn what you could find out!

I've got a friend who writes about Austria and the republics that were born of parts of the austo-hungarian empire after the WW1. In his thesis he's writing about the Habsburg.

we should probably start a thread on "While waiting for Mette-Marit's Baby..."

"While waiting for Mette-Marit's Baby..."

Voilà!

Thanks to the idea of purple platinum, this is a thread where all those people can do a bit of general chatting who drop in to check whether MM is still pregnant or not.
Let's see if anybody uses it!

great initiative, smilla!
i think if we keep using the Mette-Marit is Still Pregnant thread, we would get warning by the administrators...

purple_platinum said:
great initiative, smilla!
i think if we keep using the Mette-Marit is Still Pregnant thread, we would get warning by the administrators...

That's the point exactly. But there's only so many times that you can say: "Is she still pregnant?" without sounding boring.

Now that we have all those threads organized to prepare for a long waiting session, according to Murphy's law she'll have that baby tonight. :)

Forgive my ignorance but is Mette-Marit's due date the end of Nov or the beginning of Dec?

And, still according to Murphy's law, the official site of the Royal Family will bug as soon as Mette-Marit will have entered in hospital.

I'm tired to wait... :(

Emi said:
Forgive my ignorance but is Mette-Marit's due date the end of Nov or the beginning of Dec?

Ha! If we only knew!
In the beginning it was set at about the 5th of December. Later it was moved to the end of November. So nobody really knows.

Emi said:

That's the whole problem. First it was announced she was due early december, then they announced she was finally due end of November. November being nearly over, everyone's getting nerved of waiting.

Mothers on this last days of pregnancy must feel lots & lots of discomfort.
Mette-Marit is probably trying to get her water broke...

come on little baby... lots of people waiting for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom