Marius Høiby and Prince Sverre Magnus News & Current Events Part 1: January 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for News and Current Events of Marius Høiby and Prince Sverre Magnus!

You can find the previous thread here:

** Ingrid Alexandra ,Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion 2006 - 2022 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Thank you for sharing the news and this article. Together with the original Nettavisen report, it includes background information concerning the couple for readers who are not aware of them.

https://www.nettavisen.no/livsstil/brudd-for-marius-borg-hoiby-og-juliane-snekkestad/s/5-95-396540

Very surprising. It is not only that she and Marius Borg Høiby were a couple for over four years, but in my eyes, the Royal Court's attitude to Juliane Snekkestad amounted to acknowledgement as a semi-official member of the family when they used a formal press release to defend her from an allegedly disrespectful media report, gave her precedence above all other relatives in the "family" section of the guestlist at Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation, included her among the 16 guests at Prince Sverre Magnus's pandemic-restricted confirmation, and in all likelihood used part of the Crown Prince Couple's apanage to purchase a common home for her and Marius.

Seeing as the house is located in Juliane's hometown of Tønsburg, I wonder if its ownership will be transferred to her and if perhaps Marius will return to the Oslo area to be closer to his family.

Based on Juliane Snekkestad's statements that she is happier and the separation was right for her, and the announcement being given by her alone, I have the impression that the separation was initiated by her, although I could be mistaken.

Why would she, Julianne, get the house if it was purchased by the CP Family, for the use of both of them? They were not married so I don’t understand why she would get the house or anything from the sale of it. It would depend on who actually owns the house!
Just wondering.

https://no.newsner.com/kjendis/brudd-mellom-marius-borg-hoiby-og-juliane-snekkestad/

Omg: break between Marius Borg Høiby and Juliane Snekkestad

"Marius Borg Høiby and I have separated. And I feel much better now", she writes in a text message to Nettavisen.
The only thing I am surprised about this is that they stayed together for so long - I never expected them to stay together or even get married.
For a central or northern european twenty-something-couple having been together for some time it is a very usual and normal thing to do!

I`m sure Marius won`t stay alone for a very long time and will find a nicer girl. His now ex-girlfriend was never very appealing. She always occured to me quite cold, distant and aloof.

The only thing I am surprised about this is that they stayed together for so long - I never expected them to stay together or even get married.
For a central or northern european twenty-something-couple having been together for some time it is a very usual and normal thing to do!

I`m sure Marius won`t stay alone for a very long time and will find a nicer girl. His now ex-girlfriend was never very appealing. She always occured to me quite cold, distant and aloof.

Based on how she said it, it looks like it was not a very friendly breakup.

A pity.

She is a pretty girl and it was clearly my impression she is a sweet, bright and sensible girl as well.

I wonder if her mental issues played a part? We'll never know I guess.
Marius would be a first-class goof if he did anything stupid to make a walk.
Perhaps they just grew apart, I hope so, then they may still be on good terms.

More details about the break-up of Marius and Juliane:

The Crown Princess' eldest son has had to make changes.

https://www.seher.no/kjendis/nye-detaljer-avslort/75551311

Thanks. It appears Marius and Juliane both refuse to comment further than Juliane's earlier announcement. However, the article states that Juliane is continuing to reside in the house purchased for the couple in her hometown in January 2019, whereas Marius has moved back into Skaugum, the Crown Prince Family's home in suburban Oslo. I wonder what that means for his last reported job as a motorcycle mechanic.

More details about the break-up of Marius and Juliane:

The Crown Princess' eldest son has had to make changes.

https://www.seher.no/kjendis/nye-detaljer-avslort/75551311

By the way, because there is a discussion above about who paid for the house, this article says that according to the Real Estate Register, the house cost 3,6 million NOK and Juliane & Marius paid for half each. It seems likely that the CP couple gave Marius the money for his half, but apparently they didn't pay for all of it.

By the way, because there is a discussion above about who paid for the house, this article says that according to the Real Estate Register, the house cost 3,6 million NOK and Juliane & Marius paid for half each. It seems likely that the CP couple gave Marius the money for his half, but apparently they didn't pay for all of it.

Thank you. :flowers: I overlooked that important detail. I wonder what arrangements will be made now?

If anyone wondered about the basis for my earlier comment, a discussion about the purchase of the house was had here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/marius-borg-hoiby-discussions-26848-31.html#post2186759

Yes, and since property-prices are generally high here, especially in Oslo, it's quite common for Norwegian parents to help their children into the housing-market. - Which is better in the long-run than using a lot of money renting a place.
(Hope this sentence answered some of your questions.)

Her modelling-career/earnings: She is described by Norwegian media as a ''well-established model in London,'' but to my knowledge she isn't very well-known, so I doubt she had the amount of money to pay for 50% (perhaps not even 20%) of this ''close to the sea property,'' which according to Tønsbergs Blad (local newspaper) was bought for 3,6 million NOK (a bit lower than I thought).

What with her family: Hmm, since the media hasn't done it yet, I decided to look for stuff about them - and what did I find out?
Well, her father is a real-estate-agent in Tønsberg (who probably helped his daughter and Marius with the formal part) with a probable salary of well below a million a year, while her maternal grandfather, Roar Jonstang, is a former business-leader and the current mayor of Færder municipality (English Wikipedia link) in Vestfold county (representing the Conservative Party) with an income of around a million NOK and a fortune of around 8 million NOK in 2012 (most likely invested in funds). - Which probably means they didn't have that much to help her with.

So, what does this tell us? IMO, that The CP-Couple stood for most of the money when it came to buying this house/property.

Who's going to pay for upkeep and such? Yes, I have an answer to that too, because according to Tønsbergs Blad, SpareBank 1 (a Norwegian savings bank) has taken a mortgage of 4.5 million NOK in the property (yes, more than the house was bought for), which means that Marius and Juliane have taken out loans. - Most likely to pay for what the newspaper says are plans to ''totally renovate'' the place, and IMO to pay The CP-Couple back.
And in the long run? Well, they will most likely find something they can make money on. - And since they've bought a house together and taken up loans with the help and support of both The CP-Couple and Juliane's family (who seems to be a ''good bunsh of people'' with respectable jobs) they may even have done so already.

Are Marius and his girlfriend that serious? Since they've lived together in London and (as I wrote above) have decided to buy a house together, yes, they seem quite serious to me, at least for now.

??

Yes, Marius must have some financial help from Mette-Marit.
Didn't he go to university?

He quit after a few months if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, he seems to be quitting most things he starts.

I'm sure this latest venture will be over by summer. Oh...to be young, rich, and privileged.

Thank you for the article and the link to his professional instagram, rchainho.

Interesting that he registered the business in February using an address in Tønsberg, and then at most a month later the separation and his move back to his family home in Asker occurred. The breakdown of the relationship seems to have taken place within a short span of time.

Yes, Marius must have some financial help from Mette-Marit.
Didn't he go to university?

Yes, after his announcement of his intent to live a private life in January 2017, he studied business administration for some months at Santa Monica College in Los Angeles.

He quit after a few months if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, he seems to be quitting most things he starts.

To be fair, the loss of his job as editor at Tempus Magazine in 2018 was out of his hands given that the magazine closed down, and his position as a brand ambassador for a dating app in 2019 could plausibly have been curtailed by the pandemic. As he has been working as a motorcycle mechanic since September 2020, at the latest, it seems he has found some job stability, and according to the article his passion for motorcycles has been obvious from his Instagram postings.

What a begin. Has he got any financ8al help from mette-marit?

If he has needed financial help, wouldn't it more likely come from his wealthier stepfather or stepmother?

- I'm feeling incredibly good now. Now I can just be Juliane, be free and do what I want to do. Now I feel that I can be a little "old myself", and it is very nice, says Juliane Snekkestad (27) to Nettavisen.
Juliane's comment about the break up "I feel much better now" went hot in the rumor mill in retrospect.
- I did not really mean much with that comment other than that it is great to just be able to be myself and get to do what I love to do, Snekkestad says today.
Nettavisen meets Juliane in Los Angeles. She has just made headlines after appearing on the red carpet in connection with Darren Dzienciol and Richie Akiva's star-studded Oscar party.
Juliane says that much of the reason why she is in Los Angeles these days is simply to mingle with "the right people". She is now fully focused on a new part of her career.
Juliane Snekkestad, Skuespill _ Derfor dukket Juliane Snekkestad opp på Oscar-løperen_ Vil bruke fortiden til sin fordel

what does she mean by these words? Wasn't she free to do what she wanted by dating him?

what does she mean by these words? Wasn't she free to do what she wanted by dating him?

Bunte online, the German tabloid, reported and cited her, that she was saying, in the relationsship with Marius she was more or less a housewive and the tour with the vacuum cleaner through their home her daily highlight...

For such a girl surely not a dream come true!

I assume very few women her age would prefer that kind of life but I don't see why she couldn't do something else while dating Marius. I don't think he forbade her to do anything outside the house... (not that he had that power anyway)

Bunte online, the German tabloid, reported and cited her, that she was saying, in the relationsship with Marius she was more or less a housewive and the tour with the vacuum cleaner through their home her daily highlight...

For such a girl surely not a dream come true!

Thank you. Could you post the Bunte article or the original Norwegian (I assume) source for her alleged remarks?

I assume very few women her age would prefer that kind of life but I don't see why she couldn't do something else while dating Marius. ...

Well, the pair met in London and now - after their separation - she is in LA!

Nothing against Oslo, the capital of Norway with 700 000 inhabitants, but it is surely not a vibrating metropolis.

(Plus: Marius is now what? A motorcycle mechanic? Well...)

His former girlfriend is not only good looking and sexy but seems to be motivated and ambitioned too.

Well, the pair met in London and now - after their separation - she is in LA!

Nothing against Oslo, the capital of Norway with 700 000 inhabitants, but it is surely not a vibrating metropolis.

(Plus: Marius is now what? A motorcycle mechanic? Well...)

His former girlfriend is not only good looking and sexy but seems to be motivated and ambitioned too.
"good looking and sexy"... well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....:whistling:
And Marius is not a hunchback, either, really...!

- I'm feeling incredibly good now. Now I can just be Juliane, be free and do what I want to do. Now I feel that I can be a little "old myself", and it is very nice, says Juliane Snekkestad (27) to Nettavisen.
Juliane's comment about the break up "I feel much better now" went hot in the rumor mill in retrospect.
- I did not really mean much with that comment other than that it is great to just be able to be myself and get to do what I love to do, Snekkestad says today.
Nettavisen meets Juliane in Los Angeles. She has just made headlines after appearing on the red carpet in connection with Darren Dzienciol and Richie Akiva's star-studded Oscar party.
Juliane says that much of the reason why she is in Los Angeles these days is simply to mingle with "the right people". She is now fully focused on a new part of her career.
Juliane Snekkestad, Skuespill _ Derfor dukket Juliane Snekkestad opp på Oscar-løperen_ Vil bruke fortiden til sin fordel

Yep!
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...-von-der-ex-freundin-ihres-sohnes-marius.html

The sequence with the vacuum cleaning is on the very end!

The original source seems to be the Norwegian newspaper "Nettavisen", which is mentioned in the article of Bunte, but not linked.

Thanks. :flowers: I hadn't gotten the chance to read the full interview with Juliane Snekkestad posted by LadyFinn, but I see now that Bunte was quoting from it. In context, it is very clear that her "housewife with a vacuum" comment was not about the relationship with Marius, but about the pandemic lockdowns which made her unemployed.

It is an interesting interview to read, centered on her budding acting career. She is very honest in discussing how the California movie industry demands youth, beauty, and social connections from women who are seeking work, but she does not seem critical of the situation. She expresses frustration with being defined as "Marius's girlfriend" and viewed as a "glam girl" by the public, but admits that she herself chooses to present a glamorous, perfect image on social media for professional reasons. And as this 2018 report points out, she and Marius themselves were sometimes very public about their relationship:

Høiby and his Norwegian girlfriend Juliane Snekkestad are featured in the latest US edition of the French fashion magazine Vogue, wandering around the Norwegian capital and offering their tips for a “romantic, relaxed day in Oslo.” Accompanied by no less than eight photos of themselves, the couple is described as being “young and in love,” with Høiby clearly identified as the 21-year-old son of Norway’s crown princess. The article notes that they currently live in London but “are drawn home by their families and the city’s natural surroundings.”

https://www.seher.no/kjendis/ga-hemmelige-rad-om-kongefamilien/76941311

Gave secret advice about the royal family

Media always want to speak about this girl.

It seems a bit inconsistent to express annoyance (in the interview shared by LadyFinn) about only being spoken of as "Marius's girlfriend" instead of in her own name, and then months later accept a position as a film's "royal consultant". And I hope the Crown Prince Family is content with Ms. Snekkestad working as a consultant on the subjects of "royal clothing, dinners, and other unknown situations and things in the royals' lives".

Back
Top Bottom