Marius Borg Hoiby - Discussions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Legally the Crown Prince cannot adopt Marius as his father, Morten, holds his parental rights along with the Crown Princess. Haakon is Marius’s step-father and his father’s wife is his step-mom. Marius father has been a part of his life since he was born and Marius has always spent time with him and his family. Morten has one child with his wife, while she also has another son from a previous relationship so there are three children in that family as well.

And even if the Crown Prince could and had adopted Marius he would still not in any way be in line of succession. For that to be the case Haakon would have to be his biological father and he must have been married to Mette-Marit before she got pregnant. And this is, of course, not the case.

For Marius to have been adopted by Haakon, Morten would have to give up his rights as a father anyway.

Yes, I know and I agree on everything mentioned here.
But I wonder, just in theory from a legal point of view, if Marius had a right to the throne if Haakon would adopt him, Morten Borg gave his consent etc. and if this is, besides the more personal reasons, one of the reasons why Marius would never be allowed to be adopted by the Cr.Prince.

As Marius is not the biological child of the Crown Prince he can never inherit the throne. Adopted or not adopted. Only biological children of the king/queen and his/her children/grand-children; Crown Prince/Crown Princess, Prince/Princess are in line of succesion. There’s no way around that without changing the Norwegian constitution.

So no, legally Marius cannot inherit the throne and that would hold true if The Crown Prince did adopt him. Marius will never be biologically linked to the King or Crown Prince and therefore has no claims on a title.

I've never understood why Mette-Marit considered herself a single mother if her former partner (Morten) has a good relationship with Marius:huh:

To me single mothers are the ones who are alone in the growing up their children... Those children without a father because they don't know him etc...:sad:

I've never understood why Mette-Marit considered herself a single mother if her former partner (Morten) has a good relationship with Marius:huh:

To me single mothers are the ones who are alone in the growing up their children... Those children without a father because they don't know him etc...:sad:

It´s a matter of personal definition, I think. Some women consider themselves "singlemother" when not living under the same roof as the child´s father, others when there´s no contact.
By the way, I´ve never heard the Crown Princess herself saying she was "single mother". Only the press/ media put it that way.

It´s a matter of personal definition, I think. Some women consider themselves "singlemother" when not living under the same roof as the child´s father, others when there´s no contact.
By the way, I´ve never heard the Crown Princess herself saying she was "single mother". Only the press/ media put it that way.

I read only an interview where MM was talking about reading and how fast she was compared to Haakon!:ROFLMAO:
She said single mother... Anyway thank you for you reply! I thought that maybe there were some issue in the past regarding father and son!

Okay, I stand corrected, it must be one of the 1st times she put it that way herself. But I think it´s the correct description: She and Morten had a son together and before she moved in with Haakon she lived a short period of time alone with Marius, so "single mother" is the right thing to put it, because the 2 parents didn´t live together although they always took their responsiblities regarding Marius together exemplary.
Thanks for the videos! Marius is such a lively and athletic young man!!!

Do Norwegian young girls see Marius as a bit of a hunk and follow him in the press?
I remember Kate staunchly saying she had a picture of a Levis guy on the wall when she was young. Other's claim it was a photo ot teenage Wills. I realize Marius is not a royal, but he lives with a royal family and he is a cutie!

I hope Marius is able to live a full and happy life. I hope that a lot. If wishes were fishes...

Too bad they didn´t issue a new portrait of Marius. I know he´s not an "official" member of the NRF, but since there was a picture of him taken to mark his confirmation, I expected a new photo to mark this milestone of his life, too. Bit disappointing...

Wow I can't believe Marius is 18! Disappointed they haven't released a new photo of him.

Too bad they didn´t issue a new portrait of Marius. I know he´s not an "official" member of the NRF, but since there was a picture of him taken to mark his confirmation, I expected a new photo to mark this milestone of his life, too. Bit disappointing...

He is an official member of the Norwegian Royal Family, although not of the Norwegian Royal House. :flowers:

The Royal House of Norway - The Royal Family

He is an official member of the Norwegian Royal Family, although not of the Norwegian Royal House. :flowers:

The Royal House of Norway - The Royal Family

Yes, of course you´re right! I always got mixed up about this "Royal Family"/ "Royal House"-thing...:whistling:
But if that´s the case, it is even more disappointing they didn´t release a new photo... May be it was his own decision now that he can decide himself? He seems very reluctant when it comes to public appearance.

Last edited:
He's not a bad kid. But I think it's a bit much for him. He looks very serious sometimes.

The surname of Marius

Before her marriage to Crown Prince Haakon Magnus, Crown Princess Mette-Marit was already a single mother to Marius Hoiby.
Crown Prince Haakon adopted Marius. Marius has no claim to the throne.
Did Marius legally retain the surname of Hoiby or did he through royal proclamation receive his stepfather's surname?

I understand the need for Marius to be with his mother (and stepfather) when he was a child. Now that he is an adult though and will soon (probably) leave to be on his own, I don't see why he should continue to be officially seen as "part of the family". Just as a comparison, Camilla's adult children are not members of the British royal family even though Prince Charles is their stepfather.

But Thomas and Laura were already adult and independent, they lived their own lives when their mother entered into the Royal family.
Marius was a little child then.

Before her marriage to Crown Prince Haakon Magnus, Crown Princess Mette-Marit was already a single mother to Marius Hoiby.
Did Marius legally retain the surname of Hoiby or did he through royal proclamation receive his stepfather's surname?

I don't think Haakon ever legally adopted Marius.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

[...]
[....]

The Crown Prince has not adopted Marius Borg. He married his mother. That is all.

The Prince of Wales also has not adopted Camilla's children, to make a comparison.

:flowers:

I doubt Haakon ever adopted Marius. In order for that to happen, Marius' father would have to give up his legal rights as the father to Marius.

I doubt Haakon ever adopted Marius. In order for that to happen, Marius' father would have to give up his legal rights as the father to Marius.

When asked (in an interview) whether there was any intention of adopting Ms Tjessem Høiby's son Marius, the Crown Prince made it very clear this was not an option being considered - after all the young man simply has a father and a mother....

:flowers:

He was absolutely adorable in the the Crown Prince and Princess' wedding video. He's grown into a handsome Scandinavian young man who looks remarkably like his mother in the above picture. I wish him well in whatever life has for him.

He is the male version of his mother!

Back
Top Bottom